Search results

1. Brembo brake hose help

Can I just say thank Christ for this thread because I was at a complete loose end! Ordered 2 sets and thought both were wrong lol
  2. Turbo Flutter :(

I'm pleased (and somewhat mortified) to report that the problem is 98% cured, the rubber pipe from the alloy boost pipe to the DV was pinched behind the vacuum housing above the n249... How embarrassing, but in my defence it was hidden behind that flap of heat shielding, still getting a tiny...
  3. Turbo Flutter :(

Right so update, my new silicone vac pipe came today, so I replaced that, used 6-12mm hose clamps to seal at both ends (outer diameter of pipe is 8mm), and I still have the flutter. It's driving me up the wall now I have no idea what else it could be.. And there are no kinks/obstructions on...
  4. Turbo Flutter :(

I do run an engine cover, I didn't think to check if it was pressing purely because the right side clip (as you look at it) at the back is snapped so it shouldn't be applying pressure to that area, but I'll have a look. The DV is installed in the same orientation as the stock was, with vacuum...
  5. Turbo Flutter :(

I'll give it a double check Dubs thank you, what a pain. I have got new red vacuum piping and clips coming so I'll try installing that and see if that makes a difference too, 4mm internal bore all the way through, no stupid connector! this is exactly what I'm getting...
  6. Turbo Flutter :(

That was next on my list of things to do. I was reading somewhere that I may be mistaking flutter for the operation of the DV? Is it possible that the noise I'm hearing is just the piston performing it's job rapidly? I must admit it's lacking the metallic sound people report with chatter, just...
  7. Turbo Flutter :(

Badge, the bypass was simply a hose connector between the inlet to n249 pipe and the dv to n249 pipe, I've taken the apparatus off still connected to the DV and checked the hoses retain vacuum and they do... I am officially stumped!
  8. Turbo Flutter :(

Right, if anybody can help out now I'd appreciate it, I've serviced the DV, replaced the spring with a green, checked it holds vacuum (finger over nipple push piston up etc) and it's fine, I've also removed the vacuum pipes and checked those and they are also fine, all the way to the inlet...
  9. Turbo Flutter :(

I've ordered a green spring, and some new mobil lithium grease to use in the DV, if that doesn't work I guess it's going to be a leak somewhere! Thanks Badger as always very helpful.
  10. Turbo Flutter :(

Hi guys, After some know how, here's the story, 3 weeks ago I did a lot of work on my car, 2 of the bits I changed which could have caused this are the DV (Forge 008p yellow spring) and a Forge TIP, now it doesn't matter if it's been programmed with stage 1 or original (I have the box to...
  11. Jack points

Does anyone know where to get these in the colour of your car? I've messaged no end of "breaking" sellers and they won't just sell the cover they want to sell the whole skirt, which I get, but it isn't half a pain in my backside.
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Fitted a Forge Motorsport TIP and 008 valve with yellow spring. Lucky I did the original TIP had broken at the turbo end, wouldn't have stayed on much longer in that condition!
  13. poly bushe's. ..

I had the power flex dogbone mounts on my car done years ago and I've never looked back, it does make a difference and it's a worthwhile upgrade.
  14. New clutch needed!

I was going to replace the DMF anyway :) I did look at the SMF kits, but I've watched the videos and I don't think I could stand that chatter at idle, I cover a thousand miles a week for work and that would do my nut in haha. I've been looking around and I've found 3 viable options, first is...
  15. New clutch needed!

Hi Lads, So I remapped my LCR about 3 years ago when I bought her, she'd done 108k when I came into possession and I always found the remap a bit slippy on the clutch, luckily I spruced up the purchase with an OBD unit that can put the map on and off whenever I like so I just ran in original...
  16. 2004 Leon Cupra missfire HELP!

I know I'm new but I had a friend with this issue on his Cupra R, bit of a weird one, he replaced the spark plugs, no joy. He then replaced the coil packs, no joy. Even the ignition cables, no joy. He then got advice from someone who had the misfire issue, you need to replace both the spark...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise