Search results

1. TrophyJem

Curbed wheel. Repair or replace?

Cheers for the replies. Looks like a refurb is the way to go. Any recommendations of companies to use in Cambridgeshire?
  2. TrophyJem

Curbed wheel. Repair or replace?

I did a stupid thing last night. A warning light came on the dash (later turns out it was only the number plate light) and whilst it distracted me I scraped the curb. Proper annoyed with myself. :cry: Anyway the question is, should I get the wheel repaired, or am I best to replace it. I don't...
  3. TrophyJem

Fr dsg question? Do you know the answer ?

Sounds like it. If it's a face lift lift the bonnet and it will say TSI on the top of the engine and it will be chain. My son took his ibiza 1.2 for service the other day and the dealer said it would need the belt changing as it's 4 years old. We politely pointed out that that engine has a chain!
  4. TrophyJem

Fr dsg question? Do you know the answer ?

It's defo a chain. I have a 2011 fr dsg with the 211 tsi engine. I absolutely love it!
  5. TrophyJem

Broken front spring 26K miles

I really just wanted to replace the front pair with OE ones rather than a whole set of lowered. Just can't find any
  6. TrophyJem

Cheers for the replies. The dealers are quoting me £145 for a pair of front springs (supply only). I can't seem to find any after market ones as the after market manufacturers are saying its too new. I could buy a set of lowering springs for the same price. I'm quite happy to fit them.
  7. TrophyJem

My son's Ibiza has just failed MOT (59 plate MK5) with a broken front spring. I'm surprised as its only done 26K miles. Are they prone to break on these cars?
  8. TrophyJem

Strap stuck in boot so it won't open

A bit of gentle persuasion sorted it.
  9. TrophyJem

Strap stuck in boot so it won't open

My son's girlfriend has just shut the strap of her bag in the boot in his Ibiza and now he can't open the boot. I'm guessing its caught in the mechanism. So my job when I get home is to try and release it. Any suggestions? Cheers
  10. TrophyJem

Fr sound abs for rear boot

I used felt carpet underlay (not the stuff with rubber in it). Worked a treat.
  11. TrophyJem

Lowering questions

Cheers for the replies. Anybody able to recommend a place in the Peterborough area to get the 4 wheel alignment done after I fit a set?
  12. TrophyJem

Lowering questions

The car has only done 10K miles since new. Does it make a difference? And its TSI if that makes any odds?
  13. TrophyJem

Lowering questions

I did a search and like you say there is loads of info, but I'd really like to hear from those that have fitted them to the fl leon as to how it effects the hardness of the ride. That's the problem with a car that has to fit two purposes.
  14. TrophyJem

Lowering questions

I have permission from the better half to lower our Leon FR (2011 facelift). My wife uses the car all week to go to work in and I use it on the weekends to play in. I'm thinking either Eibach Sportlines or H&R (can't decide which), but the main criteria is that I do not knacker the ride, else...
  15. TrophyJem

Cupra or FR

Had the same problem when looking for mine (although I wanted dsg). The dealer that had it was 200 miles away, but we'll worth the trip for the right car!
  16. TrophyJem

Cupra or FR

If you are looking for one no more than a couple of years old then use the seat online used car finder. That's what I did to find my FR as there are not many about.
  17. TrophyJem

Horrbile Seats

Not all face lift FR seats are like that. Here's mine (bit grainy as just nipped and took with the mobile).
  18. TrophyJem

Reversing bulb upgrade?

Just installed this one in my 2011 FR http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-POWER-LED-REVERSE-BULB-SEAT-IBIZA-INCA-LEON-/300807554501?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160 Works like a dream :D
  19. TrophyJem

DSG paddle extensions

Think I need to have a close look at my buttons as there seem to be different ones.
  20. TrophyJem

DSG brake pedal height

Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on. I saw there was a pedal on eBay. Thought about bying it and see if I could cut it and then get it welded.