Search results

1. EB20VT

20v downpipe and sports cat

I was always under the impression that the downpipe and cat were where the highest gains came from with aftermarket systems so i would assume you would get more power. Would it definitely fit onto the standard rear section?
  2. EB20VT

Seat Sport Calipers

If the pins come out okay then you don't need to bother with new ones unless they look knackered or bent. But you won't know until you try and get them out! Took me and a mate about 4 hours to do both sets as the pins had seized in well and truly! WD40 didn't work, so they were dremmeled...
  3. EB20VT

Seat Sport Calipers

When i had to cut the retaining pins out of my old ibiza's AP's i just e-mailed AP directly and they sent me some new pins free of charge, that was about 18 month ago though and may have stopped. I know a couple the guys on here got more pins for free. I think i e-mailed the motorsport guys...
  4. EB20VT

Seat Sport Brakes conversion

Ferrodo ds2500
  5. EB20VT

MAP Sensor

I had an issue in my old car, it was running like a bag of shite, the fault was found to be a snapped wire on the MAP sensor, just three wires running into it. If the same has happened then you will probably need a new plug (only about a fiver) and maybe the 3 wire set VW sell.
  6. EB20VT

Anyone fitted KUFATEC Cruise Control - Retrofit - w/ Multi. Display - Seat Ibiza 6L

I think Awesome can fit the OEM cruise control for about 200 quid. As for the OBD II port, its behind the small drawer the right hand side of the steering wheel, near where you knee will be.
  7. EB20VT

Weight difference Cupra 180 and FR 150

Where did you get the figures from? I think most websites have the figures for the diesel and petrol Cupra mixed up. So its probably the diesel cupra that has the extra 95 kg if that makes sense.
  8. EB20VT

I love my Mk4, do you?!

It looks like the large engined small car is becoming extinct unfortunately, like the R32 golf, in favour of forced induction small engined cars.
  9. EB20VT

I love my Mk4, do you?!

Okay i'll stick up for it. They say they love the car just not with a diesel engine.
  10. EB20VT

I love my Mk4, do you?!

Good choice.
  11. EB20VT

rear window just smashed !!!!!!!!!

I've heard of a few Mk4 rear screens going, a small crack or chip in the right place and all it takes is a small shock and you need a new screen. Just had a quick search and it turns out the Leons are prnoe as well http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206081&highlight=rear+smash
  12. EB20VT

Going from Clio 182 to Ibiza Cupra

There is something not right about that. The headlights are wrong as well. They should be the twin style ones seen on the higher spec models, they look like lower spec lights.
  13. EB20VT

Cleaning the Black Mk5

I think Beaconjon is going to use the lambswool to wash the car not polish it.
  14. EB20VT

keys and service book

Where did you get the car from? I'd be a bit concerned if i didn't get a spare key. If it was from a main dealer i'd get back there and ask where it is. Also what is wrong with the service book you got with the car?
  15. EB20VT

petrol cupra and fr manifold bolts.

You'll know about it if it is the manifold bolts its a loud, raspy, screeching noise. The turbo is quite easily accessible from under the car so it shouldn't be too hard to check.
  16. EB20VT

Cleaning the Black Mk5

Scratches and swirls are all part of black car ownership. ANY shampoo product you buy is only as good as the water you use and the technique you use, if you put dirt and grit in the bucet you use to shampoo then its going straight on the car. Most people use the "two bucket" method. I always...
  17. EB20VT

petrol cupra and fr manifold bolts.

Loose manifold bolts make quite a distinctive sound, like a really loud rasping noise when under load. They came loose on mine after about 30k. On mine though it wasn't until the engine had warmed up then it started. I'm pretty sure that they were only hand tight when it was sorted under warranty.
  18. EB20VT

Bocanegra options?

Just reading my previous post i realised, i put sliding sunroof, when i should have put tilting! It would be very impressive if the sunroof was actually a contuinuation of the windscreen, but i would imagine you might lose a little bit of structural integrity:rolleyes:
  19. EB20VT

Bocanegra options?

I can't see that there will be a sunroof as standard if the panoramic roof is on the options list. The panoramic bit is a con, it just looks it covers half the roof, when on the inside its actually just a run of the mill sliding sunroof. Still, i'm glad my roc had it when i bought it, lets...
  20. EB20VT

Hot new SEAT Ibiza's make international debut

Cheers mate. The 1.4 is a peach of an engine though, i had one in a golf plus courtesy car (122bhp) and it was pretty nippy and got upto speed well. They also sound pretty cool when lifting off the throttle, it seems to have a proper atmospheric dv. Some of the 1.4 rocco guys are getting...