Search results

1. elominat

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Is this a 1. April fool?
  2. elominat

ECU Tuning Kit

How does it feel with the tuning box. Are you happy with the result and invest? Thanks for sharing your experience.
  3. elominat

Steering column mystery noises

My car just failed the mot due to excessive play in the rack. The garage swapped tie rod and track rod ends as they appeared to have play, but still not enough for mot. Only the new rack fixed it. I have seen the old rack and it showed axial and a lot of radial play on the rack bar itself...
  4. elominat

Smokey TDI Cupra

After some research I found some soggy connections at the intercooler/pan cake pipe and one the other end of the IC. According to your picture from an old thread (Toledo TDI150 Sport....) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nvmf7y0JfRNWsyOE5FZFJ1OG8/edit?usp=sharing I think I need : 3x #8...
  5. elominat

Smokey TDI Cupra

Hi Folks, My TDI is a bit smokey when I accelerate. Also the turbo smooling is much more noticeble. All the pipes are connected but oily. I cleaned the EGR Valve, because after nearly 100k it was a bit of a mess and I thought the smoke was cause by the mucky EGR. But this is of the list now...
  6. elominat

Turbo hose?

If you don't want to swap parts, A big jubilee clip can help. Worked for me....
  7. elominat

egr blanking plate

Interesting thread. Can some body tell some shops to buy the egr delete kit for my ARL? Clean inlet manifold would be good to investigate. Mine has 88000 miles on the clock and heard about this clogging in the manifold. Which parts should also be cleaned? Anyone got a part number(s) by...
  8. elominat

Strange rattling noise

Problem solved ! Pretty devastating for this garage ....
  9. elominat

Strange rattling noise

Is the video working??
  10. elominat

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

Good stuff. Found a leaking seall in the drivers door near the speaker. Sealed it without replacing the old seal. Only used loads of silicone. Works so far. But how to get the whole humidity out of the car ???
  11. elominat

Strange rattling noise

Maybe it works: http s : / / plus . google . com/photos/114226907139078449322/albums/5805968898711456849?authkey=CK3I5JzLsdaYNg Just use it without the empty spaces.... :p
  12. elominat

Guten Tag Forum

so the trouble starts.... see my other thread
  13. elominat

Strange rattling noise

... so I have to spam my on thread. Sorry :)
  14. elominat

Strange rattling noise

hehe, i wanted to upload pictures from picasa, but it doesn't let me because I don't have enough posts...
  15. elominat

Strange rattling noise

What is the best way to check the cv joints?
  16. elominat

Strange rattling noise

I believe headguards would create a differen noise. It really sounds like a heavy "clonk" which is related to the rotation of the wheels. The mechanics idea was, just drive it until it breaks. The we fix the broken part...
  17. elominat

Strange rattling noise

Undertray has been re fitted after MOT. All secure. During conering the noise changes a little, but it never disapears.
  18. elominat

Strange rattling noise

Hi, got a strange noise while driving with constant speed on the road. The noise is depending on the travelling speed. If I step on the clutch the noise is still present. During acceleration the noise is gone and braking dampends it slightly. Cornering doesn't change the it, I think wheel...
  19. elominat

Guten Tag Forum

Oh btw, anyone to suggest a locksmithin cov? Bought a flipkey for my mk1. Thanks.
  20. elominat

Guten Tag Forum

I'm from chapelfields, just around the corner ;) Driving a lot over the week and cc would be handy. Today I realised smth like a lash when engine goes from decelerate to acelerate if I'm to harsh on the pedal. Any suggestions where to look first?