Search results

1. NowGottaIbizaMk5

FREE bits and pieces

Thanks, I think the screws are as pictured.
  2. NowGottaIbizaMk5

FREE bits and pieces

I dont expect free bit and pieces, so can anyone point me in the right direction to get the 4 screws that hold the airfilter box lid in place and also the window aperture seal for the front windows please? I believe that it's part number 6J4839471. Happy to go to my not so local dealer if...
  3. NowGottaIbizaMk5

I want a screw . . .

Thanks, found it!
  4. NowGottaIbizaMk5

I want a screw . . .

where can I get the 4 long screws used to keep the air filter box shut pls? They are phillips cross head ones, quite long and seem to be locked in and so wont totally unscrew. Two of mine have rusted heads and are VERY difficult to unscrew ;-(
  5. NowGottaIbizaMk5

dumb key - replace remote one?

Ye gods! Timpsons say that they can produce a proper working copy of the original one for . . . . c£280. Think I'll keep on using the dumb key
  6. NowGottaIbizaMk5

dumb key - replace remote one?

My wife's Ibiza is a 60 reg one (Oct 2010) with a normal 3 button remote and a dumb spare key. We now have to share the car - and I got the dumb key, so each time i open the car with it via the doorlock the alarm goes off if I do not put the key in the ignition etc. Is there a safe way to buy...
  7. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Cam belt and water pump change frequency

Good point - tis a 3 cylinder. Looking on carparts4less.co.uk they sell a timing chain kit and NOT a cambelt kit.
  8. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Cam belt and water pump change frequency

Our silver MK3 has gone to the great scrapyard in the sky. We now have a little 1.2 SEAT Ibiza S which was first sold in October 2010. The engine is CGPA189344 It's done just over 31,000 miles BUT seems to have never had the cambelt changed. Am I right in thinking that it should be done every...
  9. NowGottaIbizaMk5

2010 rear wiper blade and arm

my wife's rear wiper blade needs replacing. the arm has little pastic tabs - 2 of which have broken off. Whats best to do - get a new Ibiza blade and arm or get a compatible blade/arm combination from another car - thoughts and prices please folks.
  10. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Dents in bonnet from the underside.

Shucks - I get so excited with these sort of threads and then so frustrated when we dont find out what happened next . . . .
  11. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Paint bubbles/blisters

FRET NOT ... went to local dealers in Hull - Stockill - and problem resolved with a cloth and fine cutting compound paste as it turns out that it was some form of muck on the paint surface. It wasn't tar as it wasn't black/visible. Then redone at home with T-Cut. I feel a right Muppet :rofl:
  12. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Paint bubbles/blisters

Sun was shining yesterday so I washed and polished the wife's red 60 plate 5 door Ibiza yesterday. There are some paint bubbles at the bottom of the rear offside passenger door. Is this common? they are very small at the moment. About 6 of them. I presume that they are not covered by...
  13. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Mk2 vs Mk3 differences

One I looked at yesterday was obviously a firm's pool car as it kept scrolling through the mobile phone connections and listed about 6 names and phones. Nice, but odd tyres and a nasty gouge on the rear door paintwork. I like my old Citroen C4 VTR+ and have seen some c 12months old with 15k for...
  14. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Mk2 vs Mk3 differences

http://www.autovillage.co.uk/used-car/seat/leon/mtz_45511_36238008 http://www.autovillage.co.uk/used-car/seat/leon/mtz_44814_36380581
  15. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Mk2 vs Mk3 differences

thanks - i wasn't trying to compare but just trying to work out the differences. think that i have worked it out now - visually the latest version has angular, rather than rounded, headlights and rear lights and the rear quarterlight window points upwards. Not got a local SEAT dealer with ones...
  16. NowGottaIbizaMk5

Mk2 vs Mk3 differences

got a 60 reg Ibiza now been looking at Leons and seen some nice ones BUT am confused as to the differences in the 2-3 versions. some I have looked at have different instrumentation - SatNav or touch screen radio. Leon today was a 13 plate yet had handles on the rear door. I am now very...
  17. NowGottaIbizaMk5

17" wheels and tyre damage

you could try your spare wheel on for a fit over the brakes. places to look at prices are BlackCirlces.com etc. Bravis Barum are fine mid range tyre - served me well.
  18. NowGottaIbizaMk5

17" wheels and tyre damage

info here on tyre size comparisons. http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html yes, it will affect ride quality. some insurance policies do not like non standard wheel/tyre combinations and change to original specifications. Mine didn't ....
  19. NowGottaIbizaMk5

oily leaky thing

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Its due year 4 MOT soon and so will get them to look at it. Glad that we now have an Ibiza again - it was the Mk 3 that I loved the best, despite it's bumpy ride, but it is now in the great scrapyard in the sky :cry: As per the photo here - could it just be the O...
  20. NowGottaIbizaMk5

oily leaky thing

Ta Stu in nearby Hull, City of Culture 2017. I have cleaned it up and it appears dry BUT it has only done c 30 miles since then . . let's hope that all is well.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise