Search results

1. halsall1987

Strange sound in the back of the car after lowering it

Sorry to revive an old thread! @Snowman - did you find a solution for the knocking? I have the exact same problem after fitting lowering springs, knocking sound from the rear which is more on decompression around corners than when going over bumps... I thought it might be the springs sticking...
  2. halsall1987

You could be in EVO Mag - your help needed this weekend

CUPRA allows me to drive however I like; school run, long motorway trips, efficient daily commute, or like an absolute lunatic - without compromise. The perfect all rounder!
  3. halsall1987

Navigation Voice Guidance not working

That's what I thought, but the chap said if it was identified to be a wiring fault the diagnostic check would not be covered so I'd have to cover the cost for that. I was confused, so told him I'd leave it and try to figure it out myself
  4. halsall1987

Navigation Voice Guidance not working

I had this same issue and the above resolved it for me, so thanks! Having took it into the stealers, they had no idea and suggested I book it in for diagnostics - if it was an equipment failure it would be covered under warranty, but if it was a wiring issue I would have had to pay £70 for the...
  5. halsall1987

1.4 TSI ACT 150 - Oil Leak

I've had mine since September and no issues like that, you may just have been unlucky! But being given a Mii... That's rubbing salt in the wounds! I'd kick off and ask for a Cupra! ;)
  6. halsall1987

FR 1.4 TSI stop/start

Interesting... Thanks. Does anyone else know any more about this?
  7. halsall1987

FR 1.4 TSI stop/start

Bad for the turbo as in oil/lubricant stops running through? I'd have thought SEAT would have covered that one, seems a no-brainer!
  8. halsall1987

FR 1.4 TSI stop/start

Yes it does, although mine won't always activate. Particularly for the first 5mins or so from starting. it will show on the speedo display whether it is activated or not
  9. halsall1987

1.4 TSi ACT 150 - on order!

My long term (since picking up from the dealer) is near enough 40mpg. My commute (10miles of countryside B roads) can get 50 if I'm sensible.
  10. halsall1987

Bonnet bra

Errrrrrm.......... Wow?! Haha
  11. halsall1987

Bonnet bra

Thanks Springer & Robbie, has anyone bought one from that seller and have it on the car? And kazand I agree, I'm new to the idea of lingerie on my car! It's just that I washed the wife's Mito on Sunday and the bonnet was like a spotty teenagers face! Don't like the idea of mine getting to that...
  12. halsall1987

Bonnet bra

Hi everyone, I've had a look around for bonnet bra's for the mk3 but can't find anything. Does anyone know of any being sold, or the company likely to manufacture them first? Thanks
  13. halsall1987

Just be aware that the price has increased by approx £400, you should try and get it without paying the extra!
  14. halsall1987

Hi all, I've been a member on SC.net for a few years having owned a MK1 Leon Cupra, but have just ordered a new 1.4 TSi ACT FR this week! :funk: Decided to wait until 1st Sept though for the 64 reg :) The dealer explained that they are moving to the ACT as of 1st July to replace all...
  15. halsall1987

Re-fitting standard Aura headunit

On the radio either side. The part of the clip nearest the front of the radio needs to be at a right angle to be able to grip the inside of the fascia.
  16. halsall1987

Got it! The pins on the sides were bent in so I got some players and bent them back out. Thanks
  17. halsall1987

Yeah I had the glovebox out and was pulling the wires as I was pushing the HU in. Gonna go back out and give it another go now, with more pushing!
  18. halsall1987

Any ideas on why it's not staying in? I know there's the rubber bung at the back but I was expecting a 'click' if there is a need for keys to remove it
  19. halsall1987

I'm taking my Leon back to standard including head unit, but I can't remember if the stock Aura headunit came in a cage as it doesn't 'hold' onto anything when I push it in? The cage for the JVC headunit I had is too small for the Aura. Thanks
  20. halsall1987

Engine rattles on idle start up (Video inc)

Ah ok! In response to your question then, no metallic sound and it lasts about 60-90s. Stops when the SAI shuts off, which is why I'm leaning toward that as a poss cause.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.