Search results

1. phil750

Seat or Audi

If your worried about depreciation why don't you go with a nearly new Leon? 6 months old or something like that? Sounds like your not to fussed about buying a nearly new car, so save some money overall and get a really nice car! Not sure about audi but i brought nearly new seat and got 3...
  2. phil750

Tire pressure monitoring - how does it work?

mine does say which tyre? think its changed in newer models I also notice it takes a while to kick in, i had a very very slow puncture on right front, and it would only kick in when i did more than 5 odd mile trips, although i know it was losing pressure! Also seemed to kick in quicker on...
  3. phil750

Time for a trade in

sorry to add a few more details spec wise im not 100% sure but it is the bottom 2 spec levels so its not going to be sport anything, engine i dont have a choice over as mentioned previously. I will probably be using it for 75% normal commute to work then 25% buisness miles which can...
  4. phil750

Time for a trade in

from what i can see the new 1.6tdi passat has 118bhp, 0-60 is 11 seconds, mine currently is 7.2 seconds so be losing more than 50% of my time now! Having done some research i think i have 2 choices passat = if i want to turn into a older man go for comfort size but be slow (no offence to...
  5. phil750

Time for a trade in

yer well last 5 people to upgrade 3 have gone passat (2 with the estate 1 with normal) and 2 with the a3 i get £35 a month to put onto add ons and that not including sat nav, so could get some decent speakers in there. i think ive hit that time in life when i want a bigger boot now, no kids...
  6. phil750

Time for a trade in

Hi All, After a bit of advise, not really seat related but is VW options. I got a promotion at work so i get a company car! I dont really want to get rid of mine as i still love it, but it doesnt make financial sense with the miles i might have to do and coming to end of pcp...
  7. phil750

Sound actuator

mine has it, it only really changes when you go into the high revs, if your driving round normal in sport mode you cant tell, but once you put your foot down you can
  8. phil750

When to replace brake pads / discs, on average?

Ha depends whose perspective you ask for age! What are most of you guys on as there is a difference in brakes between 1.8tsi and the rest? Also slightly heavier car and difference in 3/5 door i guess? Have to say on a sidenote , i love the the brakes in the 1.8 tsi bar far better than...
  9. phil750

When to replace brake pads / discs, on average?

Im only at 18k miles and just had a service, they advise brake pads were at 50%, so assuming some of you are at well double that and still with brake pads... must make me one of these last min made brakers! On a serious note i just think this is a generation gap, my parents where taught to use...
  10. phil750

Tracking/allignment

Oki all done, cost 65 in the end as the back had to be done too. My right side was fine but both left where out, guy took a good 40 mins to get them in line so not bad value for money Got to see the software they use as well so not bad, For those that are interested, back was out by...
  11. phil750

Tracking/allignment

Thanks for all responses, I have a 1.8 manual by the way so the heaviest,also should of said I have 18 inch wheels too, so 16k on front isn't too bad for the way I drive. Most of the time I'm a boring easy driver, but I do have some fun occasional specially when I go to Wales a few times a...
  12. phil750

Tracking/allignment

Hi All, Just had my first tyre change, just gone for the front 2 as the back have over 5mm left (will probably do those in 6-12 months) Done 16000 miles on conti sports so fairly happy with them. Went with new mitchilin sports ps3's as they had 25% off them at garage. My question is...
  13. phil750

Paint quality

done 16000k so far, quite a few stone little chips but barely noticable to be honest. I only really notice them when im waxing the car, and as get so close you do notice how many i have.
  14. phil750

Manual versus Auto

i have to agree with the op, manual all the way i can see the appeal of the DSG for everyday use, but seems a bit too much extra money for what i can only see as convenience. If money wasnt an issue, i would probably get the DSG Maybe i will change as i get old and get the old sore knee! but...
  15. phil750

Mode switch leon 1.8 fr

i can tell a massive difference, i tend to use eco mode 90% time then sport when i want fun, never really use normal. Going from eco to sport i notice Throttle responce is more sensitive steering goes alot heavier sound accelerator gets louder/turns on! Lights turn red!!!!!
  16. phil750

Condensation!

i have noticed with climate control, when you hit the screen only button you actually get less power then just using the knobs to turn it full blast at the screen only You can clearly tell with the noise, so not sure if the windscreen max button does something else to de mist quicker?
  17. phil750

Condensation!

I have literally no issues with mine at all, get very little condensation at all now i clear the inside with proper cleaner, Used to get little bit but not too much. I like in the UK and literally have not had any condensation/mist on the screen for about a month now. I dont use air con...
  18. phil750

Advice on FR 1.8 order

if want to save abit of money, you can always get rid of the sunroof and just wrap the roof in black, had it done to mine and from the outside gives you a good look
  19. phil750

Convenience Pack - No auto wipers!!

surely it very easy to tell if you have it installed or not (i cant see your pic because at work) but if you have the rain sensitivty switch ontop of your stalk you have it, if you dont, then you dont have it???
  20. phil750

1.2 tsi oil consumption

if you look on the ibiza thread for the 1.2tsi there were tons and tons of oil problems with high usage. not sure how similar the leon and ibiza 1.2tsi are but imagine they are close!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.