Search results

1. ritch_b

GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Marky, there are a few threads covering aftermarket head units and steering wheel controls, but essentially, it's down to the individual unit in terms of what it will and won't support. My Zenec, for example, won't support the up and down steering wheel controls. It's a case of checking the...
  2. ritch_b

Altea Freetrack Stereo

MM's thread is indeed worth a read! For mine, I fitted a Zenec. I ran the video out from the Zenec, through the centre console, and having popped the roof-screen connector panel out, connected the head unit to that and left it inside the center console. The hole where the connector panel had...
  3. ritch_b

Vent Pod for Boost Gauge

Altea FreeTrack it is indeed! An uncommon thing with the sort of face only a mother can love! :-D R.
  4. ritch_b

Vent Pod for Boost Gauge

Now that would be lovely for a boost gauge in the FreeTrack; what's the going rate for a MK2 Leon pod? It's the same part on the FreeTrack, so would fit quite nicely... R.
  5. ritch_b

Freetrack propshaft coupling (again)

I couldn't possibly comment, but it might well have been the main dealer in Middlesbrough. Ahem.
  6. ritch_b

I didn't fit mine myself, but as far as I can see, it should just be a case of removing the old, fitting the new and torquing it up, although again, I'm not sure what it needs torquing up to. Check the existing coupling, and the new, just in case there are any indication marks on it that need...
  7. ritch_b

GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

The up and down don't work on my Zenec either; just one of those things I think. The alternative version of the steering wheel with phone controls is supported by my head unit, but the version with the up and down isn't, so I'm not convinced you'll be able to do anything with those two buttons...
  8. ritch_b

A New owner of Seat Altea

Rob, Some stock head units do support a multichanger; if yours has the MP3 sticker on the front, then it's possible it will, but you'll still have to remove it to check the back. Having, or not having, an aux button on it is also a bit of a giveaway! When you pop the current head unit out...
  9. ritch_b

Well, as a follow-up, today I had the joy of being patronised, ignored and largely made to feel like an idiot at the main dealer who announced that they didn't think there was anything wrong with the coupling; that's despite visible tearing to the rubber and me being able to replicate the noise...
  10. ritch_b

Chaps, I had the propshaft coupling replaced on the Freetrack last May; I was so chuffed with the results that I even posted a thread about it, along with some photos of the failed coupling. Much happy driving followed. After hearing a familiar sound last week, as well as feeling that...
  11. ritch_b

Daylight Running Lights

That would depend on what you'd like from your DRLs. I gather some have replaced their headlights with aftermarket versions that have the DRLs built-in, which at least means you can just swap out the old unit and replace the new. Anything for a Leon should obviously fit; there are plenty on...
  12. ritch_b

what is your favourite colour altea

Oh, it's easy to keep clean! When I go outside and there's a khaki-coloured FreeTrack there, I know it's time to take it into town and give the nice chaps at the car-was a fiver to return it to pristine white! It's a hard life! R.
  13. ritch_b

what do you love about your altea?

To be blunt, I went for an oddball (FreeTrack) because it meant values were lower and I could get more car, and newer car at that, for my budget. That's not to say I bought it for the sake of it; I genuinely love the car. It went like a steam train. It now goes like an even faster steam...
  14. ritch_b

Radio replacement

Hi Marty, I'm afraid budget may come into play here. I ended up going for a Zenec unit; direct plug and play (with the right fascia adaptor) including the steering wheel controls. Retail was in excess of £700, but being in the right place at the right time meant I snagged a bargain on eBay...
  15. ritch_b

what is your favourite colour altea

I still think Candy White is the best colour for the FreeTrack, but that might be because I bought one, so have a vested interest!... R.
  16. ritch_b

Freetrack problems

I was going to point you towards my post about the Haldex, but somebody's beaten me to it! It's a common fault unfortunately and although it's not a safety issue, it is a right pain in the arse. The power thing is beyond me I'm afraid. The diesel should go like a steam train and if it's...
  17. ritch_b

Seat Altea xl tow bar

Yup, big cut out required and yup, a cover panel is available; a look on Google's image search should bring an example up. A point of note is that the cover panel is designed to fit the cutout for the OEM Seat towbar. If you fit an alternative towbar, you can still use the cover panel, but...
  18. ritch_b

Altea Freetrack 4 2.0 TSi

I might catch you out and about in North Yorkshire then Ross; I'll be the one in the rather mucky, if technically white, FreeTrack! R.
  19. ritch_b

Help with altea models

The overhead entertainment "thing" was an option on some Altea models, although I don't think you'll find (m)any that have it fitted. If you have a nosey at the Parker's guide for the Altea, it'll give you a rough idea of what was fitted to what model in which year. Reversing sensors, the...
  20. ritch_b

altea aux input cheapest solution needed

If there isn't an MP3 sticker on it and no aux socket, then I believe it won't support a changer. R.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members