Search results

1. seatturbopower

Road trip to Le Mans 24 hours in my Mk1 Cupra R

Only just spotted this thread,but i think personally for the age of the car and for what it is i think it carries itself really well (ok petrol prices may be hit and miss,depending on how you want to talk about it) Done a couple long trips like yours in Europe and the longest was germany-spa...
  2. seatturbopower

Sad day Stolen Leon

bad news there mate, I always lock the car with a crook lock one that covers the whole steering wheel, but that's crap man! When the cars in the garage battery is disconnected, keys upstairs with a anti snap lock on the door....and if it was started id defiantly hear it...hopefully you get the...
  3. seatturbopower

2021 National Meet - Booking confirmation thread (no discussions)

Seatturbopower (chris)-Seat leon cupra mk1
  4. seatturbopower

what have you done to your car today ?

..................... emissions????:blink:haha if id had taken my car to kwit fit then they would like to know why its off the scale....until thy see its got no catalytic converter :hide: as for the tyres I have toyo r 888s there not bad managed a good few track days in them. But once you get...
  5. seatturbopower

R tech no longer doing 1.8t maps

That's a massive bill there jezzzzz!!! seing the price of the cupra r out the now dose seem abit of a steal.....for what you get I think but its very good moneys...BUT you buy a cupra r for say 2.5k if nothing has been changed then and your looking to modify the car well.....new injector...
  6. seatturbopower

R tech no longer doing 1.8t maps

Some good points you made there mate, as for the comment of "just get a golf r " is abit laughable really,newer cars I think get given death from the off and once they get older they will just be worn out ragged cars. As for the engines blowing up reminds me of when I had my Renault 5 gt turbo...
  7. seatturbopower

Wheel Spacers - Track

Hi bud, just to let you know that id wait and see how I got on before I posted my reply, so the weekend just gone ive covered about 1400 miles or so including a trip to the ring,im running 15mm rear spacers only.lowered with 55/45mm setup on kws.....after each lap id check the rear wheels and...
  8. seatturbopower

2018 SEATCUPRA.NET National Meet (July 8th) - booking details and discussion

might end up going to this .....with only 1 other mk 1 and that's it surrounded by the mk 3s....haha,might even get some time on the track as well did nurbugring a few weeks ago and 4 laps and a lot of petrol spent!!good fun though.
  9. seatturbopower

Mk1 cupra mods

In all honestly I did think that but depends what your budget is...let's say both cars mapped out and modded, worked it out with it being a bit more with the r can't remember how much it was..compare a r and the cupra prices plays a part if 35bhp is worth it with a hybrid vs ko4...consider the...
  10. seatturbopower

Mk1 cupra mods

Stick a hybrid turbo on it if you have the funds ect,and a random one is to swap the whole front sub frame to the cupra r one...cornering speeds are night and day ....after a track day I ended up doing this. (Front wheel bearing got seezied )long story!rear arb is on also
  11. seatturbopower

White smoke on idle

if you need a turbo mate let us know, sure I have one around for your engine Ive got the same ko3s,still have the same box ive all the paper wk also ....fitted it few yrs ago but then brought a hybrid. send us a pm if your interested and i can give you some more info ?
  12. seatturbopower

Fuel prices??

last night I dropped some fuel in that was 134.99 at the shell in Birmingham 5 ways, there use to be a Tesco over the road but that closed down!! few yrs ago I remember just before a track day it was around 147.99 for Tesco super juice :blink:...........................and then you have when I...
  13. seatturbopower

Mk1 03 cupra help please?

sounds like the turbo to me mate might be wrong,what miles is the car on? mine use to do the same the turbo will still boost and drive fine but smoke like a bitch...leave it a while and see how you get on,a sure sign is being at the lights drive off a build up of oil sits in the seals of the...
  14. seatturbopower

High mileage Cupra r a good idea

......................:rofl:just a bit I mean he was abit under-priced to start with in a way but still a good find:funk:
  15. seatturbopower

K03s fmic

you can get a same sided intercooler with one of the outlet on the top and the other outlet on the opposite side on the bottom..check out my pic in the album but that's what I did...have a dig around on the internet ebay and you will find it,and I would just hybrid the turbo rather than the std...
  16. seatturbopower

Christ that's a silly price for the car there mate a massive bargin...a shame to see how low in value the cars have become,for the power you get to the price he must of been desperate to sell,though the mk 2 are pretty low now,unless its a 265 mk2 its held a value otherwise :blink:
  17. seatturbopower

Nurburg

Been twice your need about 500notes all in and your be ok can't remeber where I stayed but it's good, went spar also that's a bit less but good fun also
  18. seatturbopower

If its a good price why not they can take some abuse....things go worng then just fix it really but its alot of fun....pads/disc exhuast split hoses are a good check....front strut brace and rear brace is a must!good cars
  19. seatturbopower

2016 SEATCupra.net National Meetup AT TRAX 25th SEPT - 15th Anniversary

wasn't a bad meet up at all really,but I think the rain for the 3rd time did it for me in the end :(....there was quite a lot of the Ibizas over at the other end and a good few of the cupras 280s as well being part of the seat group I though they would be in also....good chat also scott
  20. seatturbopower

2016 SEATCupra.net National Meetup AT TRAX 25th SEPT - 15th Anniversary

should get there for about 8am me thinks and it looks to be a massive show so it should be good,on the club stand so should go well,ill be leaving early as well :cry: im ok with mornings anyway kinda :rofl:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members