Search results

1. James D1

K&N Typhoon intake kit?

i wouldn't spend £200 on a filter the difference would be negligable on power and probably not an awful lot of noise (due to no turbo sucking). my mate just got a universal cone for his car at the cost of £16 delivered and that looks quite smart. this one here. another option is to smooth...
  2. James D1

both top mounts, weird.

i dont know about LCR's but cupras have a large gap on the top mounts. as for creaking id be checking rubbers (mounts, stops etc) and that anythign that should be lubed is
  3. James D1

The New Mk2 Ibiza Gti 16v Cupra

love these cars. they seem few and far between and for that price you were very lucky. any plans for her? if i had one id get cam + exhaust sort suspension and just have some fun
  4. James D1

Conversion to 1.8 20VT

you can pick up cupra's very cheap. i sold mine for 750 (had a few little issues) but even decent ones struggling for 1200, pre-facelift. to be completly honest i didnt enjoy my ownership of the cupra there shite standard its just a straight line car.
  5. James D1

coilovers..!

if you eventually plan on slamming the car on its bottom you'll need a bigger loop ARB such as audi tt one and possibly adjustable droplinks
  6. James D1

coilovers..!

your fine to drop upto 50mm (maybe more) without worrying about anything else
  7. James D1

tdi custom exhaust size

as said 3" is no good unless you have lots of bhp, infact you'll most likely see a drop due to massive loss of backpressure. im not sure of standard size but 2.5" will be more than enough
  8. James D1

Clutch Vibration with Air Con on

do you ever get any clutch slip? my dad had the same issue with his mini and this due to clutch needing replacing. not tryign to scare you and there may well be a reason for this but that was reason behind his issue (all be it in a mini)
  9. James D1

New mod: Huge scrape on side of car

make sure that any work you've had done to car gets taken into consideration as gearbox rebuilds and clutches all add to value.
  10. James D1

Mk1 1.6 S Crank Pulley 'fell' off

if you've had cambelt snap / come off at that speed repairing the engine is the worst idea. buy a donor engine or get a new car AND DONT LET YOUR MATE TIME IT UP HAHA. at that speed all sorts of damage could have been done and repairing it will most likely cost 3/4 times more than getting a...
  11. James D1

Is this decat right for my car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-96-03-20v-1-8T-TURBO-EXHAUST-DOWN-PIPE-DECAT-DP7928-/190716905935?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c679d09cf this one is right for your car. claims to be toyosport
  12. James D1

Car insurance

never take the renewal price you get sent through. if you look online you WILL get it cheaper, at the moment money supermarket does appear cheapest quotes. (i monitor these things like a hawk) also go direct to same company again via the website and get a quote alot of the time it will be...
  13. James D1

What does your leon cost you

mine was costing (until i sold it) £172 a month insurance, joy of being 21 £200 a month in petrol £18.75 tax (225 divide by 12) so £390.75 before anything.
  14. James D1

ibiza tdi 130 .BIG TURBO. 273bhp. FOR SALE??

you'd be better getting it to standard (as close as possible) mods do not add value and the only real prospective buyer would be off of here, if you left as it is. i've had a lot of cars / bikes and i personally would never buy a 'heavily' modified vehicle neither will alot of people for...
  15. James D1

2 brake lights not working - eye level is OK

my mate had this with his mk4 golf. his problem was the connector to the lights he had some corrosion that was causing a short.
  16. James D1

Ibiza 6k1 TDI + GT2052v

well done so far. these are my favourite types of builds (alot done by yourself) one day when i have the money and space i will definatley be doing a build like this, definatley a disel haha. as for that rather nice crack i imagine its just heat, may be worth using somethign to withstand higher...
  17. James D1

2009 Exeo 143 Sport

did you manage to get the star screw off? you can use a small flathead to get between 2 of the grooves if not its worth getting a little kit of different heads. i got my kit (60 piece i think) from aldi for about £7 so always worth checking supermarket or tool shops for them
  18. James D1

Another Noob!...looking to tinker

you can remap with a panel filter and a smoothed airbox. stage 1 is just a filter if you got money and/or time on your hands i'd wait for stage 2. fmic,exhaust,filter,DV. best section to ask for mod advice is leon mk1 section, theres also plenty of Readers Rides to get ideas haha
  19. James D1

Another Noob!...looking to tinker

forge 007p seems to be the DV of choice. induction kit and and n249 bypass will increase some of the noise (also has a very nice exhaust note with induction kit)
  20. James D1

Chris's Scoob Project

looks gawwwjus. my dream motor done very much how i would like one haha.