Search results

1. Dan_FR_21

tyre warning light

It's mostly likely the button or the connection to the button. First thing to do is pop the center console out and check the connection and wires going into the button. Thread where the ESP button stopped working. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378545
  2. Dan_FR_21

No Heating

Is it just hot air or no air at all? During the few summer hot days mine stop producing any air. But everytime I when to fix it, it would start working again. I read in other threads that it is a common problem with the internal fan seizing. The fix is to remove the fan, free it up by moving it...
  3. Dan_FR_21

Seat reverse camer badge

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Current mine is not working as I was trying to make some improvements, the cable came loose from the back of the camera. I ordered another camera and snapped the mounting plate. So it's been disabled until I get some motivation to fix it. The relay to cut the...
  4. Dan_FR_21

Probably the most stupid question you have ever been asked!

Legally it is fine. As once you have enabled it with vag com you can switch back to km/h from the on board setting menu.
  5. Dan_FR_21

Will 15" Steels fit for winter tyres?

As kazand said no pressure sensors in the mk2 Leon, so no problem changing the wheels. On a side note always check the pressure of all four tyres before pressing the reset button. This is because it puts the system in "learn mode" where it will store the rotation speed of each wheel. If the...
  6. Dan_FR_21

Vent thingy in roof lining?

I believe the mic is in the interior light panel. Near the middle where all the little holes are.
  7. Dan_FR_21

Vent thingy in roof lining?

Motion sensor for the alarm. Now you are wiser :-)
  8. Dan_FR_21

Servicing in Wiltshire, Swindon area

It's a long story/rant. And I have to say that I've used their parts department without a problem. I bought my car from an independent garage in late August 2012. It's a December 2009 car so it had a few months warranty left on it. Early November the computer said it was due a service. At the...
  9. Dan_FR_21

Servicing in Wiltshire, Swindon area

I'm in the same boat, need a service and cambelt soon. Went to Swindon motor park last year, NEVER AGAIN. Read good things about an independent call dialynx on the VW and Audi forums. But still looking atm. Let me know if you find anywhere.
  10. Dan_FR_21

Ding when starting

Mine does this. It's not Bluetooth, it's more a fuel/warning ding. For me it doesn't happen every time I start the car and strangely the quicker I start the car the more likely it will ding. So if I wait a few extra seconds after the glow plug light has gone out before turning the engine over...
  11. Dan_FR_21

Abs wheel sensor

I'm in North Wiltshire (North Swindon). I'm not a mechanic and haven't changed an ABS sensor before, but I would assume you would have to remove the wheel to get access to it. Again I would assume you will have to clear the error codes to get the lights to turn off. I do have VAG COM, so I...
  12. Dan_FR_21

Diagnostics SWINDON

I have VCDS and live in Swindon. Do you just need the error code cleared? Also is it a Mk1 or Mk2 Leon?
  13. Dan_FR_21

Abs wheel sensor

As Andy says check the simple things before purchasing anything. I would get a VAG COM scan first to confirm that the sensor is at fault and which one. You could go to a garage but if you let us know your location a member with VAG COM local to you may be able to help. I could be wrong but I...
  14. Dan_FR_21

Tire weld or similar on Mk2 Leon

Personal I would stay away from these repair kits. Before my Leon I had a 2007 Civic where these repair kits are standard and there is a lot of debate on how "useful" they are on the CivicInfo forum. For me there is way too many short falls if the kit is the same as the Honda's. A guy on the...
  15. Dan_FR_21

Pre FL Dash Upgrades

Some members have retro fitted the facelift climate control unit. But I believe there is some issues with trim colour. Here's the link - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377629
  16. Dan_FR_21

bluetooth standard fit?

The brochure I've seen on the tinterweb shows the FR not having Bluetooth as standard the FR+ does have it as standard. If this is true then you were still mis-sold the car. As said check with SEAT UK. Hope you get it sorted.
  17. Dan_FR_21

VCDS J286 Coding

Alright mate, When you say "56 plate reference sport" I guessing MK2 Leon? Unfortunately the Leons were never fitted with brake pad warning sensors so that will never work. As for the washer fluid, the bottles with the sensors were only fitted with cars with xenon head lights. The light is on...
  18. Dan_FR_21

rear badge removal ?

This might help :) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4114860&postcount=51
  19. Dan_FR_21

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Cheers, pictures never give the colour justice tho.
  20. Dan_FR_21

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Picked up these genuine Audi wheels today. :) Improvement over the standard 17 inch FR alloys.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.