Search results

1. Dipped headlight replacement

Forget my post. The block I was referring to is the headlight adjuster. All sorted now.
  2. Dipped headlight replacement

One of my dipped headlight bulbs has blown and I need to change it. I have no problem getting to the back of the headlight unit but can't work out how to remove the bulb!! I'm pretty sure I don't have xenon but the back of the bulb has a block about 80mmX30mmX30mm. The manual says twist and...
  3. Engine Undertray Clips

Each time my car gets serviced it loses another screw/clip that hold the undertray in place. I now have four missing :( Does anyone know the part number for these or, better still, somewhere on the web I can get them?
  4. CR170 Turbo

I use whatever is convenient. Often supermarket stuff. Not heard of turbo cleaner. Time for reasearch.
  5. CR170 Turbo

No noise on acceleration. I've stopped worrying about it until/if it gets noisy. I noticed it after the last service and I wonder if they've used a cheaper air filter. It never occurred to me that we got winter diesel in winter, and it never occurred to me it would give poorer MPG. I always...
  6. CR170 Turbo

No noise at all on acceleration. The noise is only apparent on part throttle on the motorway. I've not noticed any loss in power and the mpg is getting better. It always does in Summer. I'm guessing I'm worrying about nowt.
  7. CR170 Turbo

I've owned my CR170 turbo for three years. Still love it. I bought it with 22k on the clock and on occassion, usually at a constant speed on the motorway, I could hear the turbo whistling. I've now covered 72k and the whistling is more common. Particularly since the last service. Is this...
  8. Re-setting the Service Indicator

It's definitely in the manual. Did it myself last year.
  9. Tyres....what to avoid?

Spoilt myself a while ago and got 4 Contis. The fronts lasted 6k and the rears about 14k :cry: I have 4 Khumos on now and they've already done 8k and I reckon they'll be good for the same again. They're quieter than the Contis and not quite as grippy but they are probably going to work out a...
  10. Air heater

Definitely clears my screen with the AC in eco mode.
  11. Exeo central locking issue

I had to do mine at least twice before it worked. Give it a couple more goes before parting with your hard-earned.
  12. Fitted Mats.

I replaced mine with some really good clip in copies from ebay. They are better quality that the Seat ones.
  13. Exeo central locking issue

This happened to my 11 plate about a year ago after I removed the car battery. The dealer said it could only be solved by booking it in. Someone of the forum gave instructions for re-programming the fob to the car. I can't remember the details but it involved a sequence of locking and unlocking...
  14. Should I buy an Exeo?

I've had mine two and a half years and I still love it. Mine is the 170 sport tech so the ride is firm but helps with cornering no end. It has loads of grip in the bends, but does tent to eat tyres (lots of torque). It's a typical sport diesel with all the power coming in in a lump but the CR...
  15. Engine idle

I was alarmed when it happened to me during the first winter of ownership. I even covered the radiator in a home-made ****. It made no difference whatsoever. It's just a "feature" of the engine and it seems to cause no harm other than my MPG drops by one during the winter months. Still the best...
  16. Engine idle

When mine is on it makes a very quiet rattle. The first winter I had the car I thought the heater fan bearings were starting to wear. It's barely noticeable unless you are listening for it. The noise seems to come from the bottom of the windscreen, not the footwell where I guess the main heater...
  17. Engine idle

My 170 has an auxiliary heater which makes the tickover raise as long as it is running. I too reckon it runs a bit smoother. I wouldn't worry about it as the computer is controlling the tickover, and it probably knows best.
  18. Air heater

I have an eighteen mile drive to work on the M1. If the traffic is slow (almost all the time), the engine just gets to 90deg when I arrive. Mine does have a supplementary heater at it makes a slight rattle when the weather is really cold. It usually heralds the beginning of winter. Most...
  19. Torque Setting

Cheers Mike. Yep, seen similar postings. Anyway, the job is done and 190Nm didn't seem ridiculously high with the 30" torque wrench. The car is a delight to work on. Better start planning the back ones now.
  20. Torque Setting

I've finally got round to replacing the disks and pads on my CR170. I've checked Elsawin and the torque setting for the caliper mount is stated as 190Nm. This seems very high. I've checked a variety of manuals for my previous vehicles which are all around 90Nm. Should it really be this high?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members