Search results

1. Leaking gearbox oil from black cap

ok so I managed to seal the hole up by cleaning the area and peeling back the rubber coating, I used a 2 pence and some gasket sealer which worked, i used some coma 75/90 from Halfords and it took about 500ml to get it back upto the full level. problem i have now is i can hear a knocking noise...
  2. Leaking gearbox oil from black cap

Any body ever had gearbox oil leak from the black cap. Looks as if it's had a new cap and they have hit it in the middle rather than the sides to get it on. And now it's leaking oil from centre of the cap.
  3. LCR top mount, which brand easy to get?

is there any type of brand of lcr top mounts that are stocked nationwide? in places like ECP / general traffic / ect . currently looking on ebay at this below, I then went onto the MEYLE website and matched the part number for my car to the ones on ebay and look correct, but I am seeing places...
  4. 138000 miles price

Found another. Same price but only 98k miles with clutch and cambelt done. Plus remapped.
  5. 138000 miles price

yes that's true, but not if I can get something of the same miles for £1k cheaper lol. its on 138k and no paper to say the clutch has ever been changed, that's another job thatll add quite a lot of costs when it goes, which cant be far of. as for making a lower offer, seems they are hard up and...
  6. 138000 miles price

I think I knew it was all along, I was just kidding my self to get another R quicker. it had been looked at really well, front splitter still there, 4 x toyo t1's , 2 x keys. first owner had it 18 months and the 2nd owner up until trading it in 2 months ago. I have seen the car in person and is...
  7. 138000 miles price

Sorry link posted, it's a cupra r
  8. 138000 miles price

https://www.countymotorsleighltd.co.uk/used-seat-leon-leigh-lancashire-1599786
  9. 138000 miles price

Regardless of how clean the car is. Do you think £3400 is to expensive for a car with 13800 miles on the clock. It's from a dealer and is it good condition for sure. Imagen a clutch Will be needed shortly aswell
  10. Mk1 leon sideskirts not fitting right

that's because its not the only screw, under neath undo the other screw then you need to pull the skirt out slightly and push it back in, this allows it to sit over the top of the crushed sill!!! , ive just done myn an hour ago and now sits perfect.
  11. Cupra R Misfire when cold

but that's just assuming it is your loom, I knew my loom was knackered after finding so many faults and then testing it with a meter. if you cant fit it your self it might be better to get an auto electrican to just fix yours. cost of loom plus getting somebody to fit it for you will just cost...
  12. Cupra R Misfire when cold

if it was the loom I swapped it my self, its easy ish if you've done any work on these engines before, some of the sensors are abit tricky to get to, theres one on the sump were the cable drops behind the engine which also has another cable for the speedo sensor which is at the back of the gear...
  13. Cupra R Misfire when cold

ive just had a major headache with several problems and in the end I just swapped the loom with one from ebay for £40 and it sorted every fault ( 7 of them ). you could check the wiring between the coil on no 2 and the pin on the ecu. http://www.badger-5.com/bin/wiring/bamWBwiring.pdf...
  14. huge list of faults, bad earth?

so I decided to take to some sensors with a meter, and im going to just pass this one over to an auto electrican lol green / yellow on the MAF is a live, but if I test it against the live from the batt I get a reading of 12.x volt! when the cars started I get a reading between the same cable...
  15. huge list of faults, bad earth?

so I checked the ecu and as I pulled the engine loom out 2 pins from the ecu plug came away with the engine loom plug. I removed the ecu and took it inside and hit it with a hair dryer, I pulled the 2 pins out slightly so that when the plug got pushed back into the ecu they touched. but still...
  16. huge list of faults, bad earth?

looking at the loom in the engine bay, even though the lambda sensor is included in the list of faults, that cable doesn't run downt he same loom as the rest of the sensors. it joins up right at the top of the engine on the same loom as the lights ect. tomorrow I will check to see if my ecu...
  17. huge list of faults, bad earth?

ive checked the earths at the ecu and they are ok, but what I found while I was there was pretty shocking, this loom has 100% been messed with at some point http://imgur.com/xEKz04o http://imgur.com/IyEUKSs now its a question of, is it the loom or is there a fault with the ecu?
  18. huge list of faults, bad earth?

thanks a lot, which is the main supply relay if you know? ill grab one from a audi 1.8t if they are the same from the scrappy, starting with all the cheap options, tomorrow will be a loom from ebay if no joy today,
  19. huge list of faults, bad earth?

there is some were, but I should imagen itll be an under bonnet earth, not checked but is there any located near the ecu? the 2 under the bat tray have been brushed up with a wire wheel on the drill and then linked together with 8 guage cable , tested the voltage and its exactly the same now as...
  20. huge list of faults, bad earth?

just rang these guys http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/ they said DO NOT send my clocks in as they know its not the clocks, the said they've done 60 / 70 of these units and its a bad earthing problem, now apart from the earths under the bat tray, were else is there any earths in the bay I...