Search results

1. Rob Kelz

Rob + Kelz Black Mk1 Leon Cupra 4WD Quattro Project

Thanks Graham! Yes happy it was back on the ground and now home. Unfortunately the arms and that need to come back off so that I can properly under seal it all, unless I just go around everything lol which I don't want to do really. Thanks for the heads up on the wheel bearings, I did...
  2. Rob Kelz

Been a while since my last update I know! Well seeing as I wanted to hurry up and get the car home to work on it with the better evenings now being here, I done what welding was needed ASAP and then got the rear arms, subframe and tie bars etc all bolted up so the vehicle was movable. The...
  3. Rob Kelz

Not much of an update but done a little more to the car regarding welding. Drivers side is all complete now, I've cleaned some of the welds up along where the floor sections meet. Passenger side to finish off and the inner side rails to do, hopefully get this done at the weekend Once welding...
  4. Rob Kelz

Wow 9 years! I don't think I've even been driving that long :lol: I can't be too sure on the spot welds to be honest a few are very close to where I drilled out but it may be that I missed the spotweld a little when I drilled it out or something, and once the welds were out I cleaned all the...
  5. Rob Kelz

Thanks Graham, getting there slowly but surely :) Floor was a pain to be fair lol it was like 80% lined up but the rest just did not want to! So some ratchet straps pulling it different angles it got there in the end lol hopefully next weekend it will be fully welded and ready for me to seam...
  6. Rob Kelz

So this weekend I wanted to crack on with getting the floor into the car, although it was a 4 day weekend with good Friday and bank holiday Monday it was Easter yesterday so had a good day with the other half and the kids going out and visiting etc I went over to the workshop on Thursday...
  7. Rob Kelz

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Great news Graham! It seems whatever happens we need to go down the same route :) I'll be watching this and hopefully see it together very soon :D
  8. Rob Kelz

^^ Agreed.. Come on Graham you've come so close to just abandoning project
  9. Rob Kelz

Noo! You can't abandon it this far into the build man :( sorry for putting a downer on things regarding the legal side of things mate this is an awesome build/thread such as a shame it's coming to an end I've decided to complete mine, if it has to be on a Q plate then so be it as it will still...
  10. Rob Kelz

what have you done to your car today ?

Not what I done today but what I done yesterday, built up the rear arms for the mk1 4wd project
  11. Rob Kelz

Yeah definately sucks dude! I'm going to atleast finish my build and maybe just use it for track days, I'll decide what to do with the car once it's finished and built! I've come this far I'm not going to just leave it and give up I will finish the conversion at the minimum! So I decided...
  12. Rob Kelz

I think repairs are different but I may be wrong. Of course l think that will be the case, people just won't declare the modification which is fine but what happens if you have a knock or get pulled over in the road for a VOSA inspection etc. It is after all a transmission and axle change I...
  13. Rob Kelz

They said it would come under being a "Radically Altered Vehicle" to which if you look on the GOV website here - https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles It states Your vehicle must have 8 or more points from the table below if you want to keep the original...
  14. Rob Kelz

In short, no... Any Q plated vehicle cannot be assigned a private registration :(
  15. Rob Kelz

Done nothing since the weekend to my car itself and with the news that I have now heard that it looks like it will be getting a Q plate registration it has now made me not want to both with the car!
  16. Rob Kelz

It's bugged me more than anything as I had seen a registration id of liked for it when its finished and back on the road. The issue is insurance as a lot of companies won't touch Q plated cars so that could be a huge pain :( But I'll still see the 4wd through to get the car back drivable and...
  17. Rob Kelz

Unfortunately not. According to the DVLA website you cannot assign a private plate to a Q plated car, once a Q plate always a Q plate
  18. Rob Kelz

Had some news I'm not quite happy with today :( I sent an email off over to DfT (Department for Transport) with a query to find out what needs to be done to keep my vehice on the road. The answer I received was not what I was hoping for, they have classed the sa being "radically altered"...
  19. Rob Kelz

Not done anything to the actual car yet but received my new rear hubs and Powerflex bushes for the front of the arms :)