Search results

1. melbsy

Tunnel Run

Im in on this. Il spread the word too
  2. melbsy

How to work out if wheels will exceed the edge of the arch?

Go on www.willtheyfit.com. You put in all the original wheel and tyre sizes and put in the new ones you want in and it compares them and shows you in a diagram. Also tells you how accurate your speedometer will be after you change them if your changing size and profile. Rele handy mate
  3. melbsy

James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

This is a great example of what to do with an lcr. Looks rele good Mate
  4. melbsy

blue smoke:(

Was it a cheaper Chinese one or a oem replacement??
  5. melbsy

Forge 008

Yeah same. Basic mods with map and fmic. Mapped at 1.3 bar
  6. melbsy

Forge 008

Thats good info on the springs. I put mine on how i hot it as never knew what one to use with what or how many shims. Mines running around 270 bhp. Should i go yellow aswell you think??
  7. melbsy

blue smoke:(

Mine stated to puff some blue smoke. Then not long after my turbo went. Not saying it is the turbo seals just an idea. What is it. Is it an lcr. Be carefull though mate. Make sure you keep checking it like you are. Dont want to damage the internals through lack of oil. Just spent over 2k on mine...
  8. melbsy

Conrods

Yeah mines a BAM engine
  9. melbsy

Conrods

Their the 144mm eith 20mm wrist pins too right?
  10. melbsy

Conrods

What rods do people go for when replacing as im gonna be doing mine on my lcr in next week or two?
  11. melbsy

No boost, please help

Yeah will try unplugging to see if it makes a differance. Just wierd how no lights on dash if it is a sensor. Plus cant hear anything. Like any turbo noise atal. Is it poss that the bearing inside the turbo have siezed or something?
  12. melbsy

No boost, please help

Coil packs are all fine. Plugged it into vag com, and there's no fault codes or any stored. Line to the DV is good. N249 was deleted before I bought the car and has been fine the whole time (nearly a year) Is there any particular ways of checking the others or do I have to by...
  13. melbsy

No boost, please help

Nope, it's been fine since fitted. It was fine when when I stopped driving it, then the next morning there was no boost at all.
  14. melbsy

No boost, please help

It's got a forge 008p on it which is only a few weeks old which seems fine but when the car is revved and let off it doesn't sound like its doing anything which makes me think the problem could be before the dv.
  15. melbsy

No boost, please help

Oh and forgot to mention I've checked all the hoses an there are no boost or vacuum leaks Thanks
  16. melbsy

No boost, please help

Hi guys, I've got an issue where my car has no boost which is a bit annoying as I use my car daily for work, it's an 04 plate cupra r. Does any know if there's any common issues or where to start looking. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, James
  17. melbsy

misfire intermitant

Lol. Im sure youl get the hang of things. I did quite quick as only been here a few months myself
  18. melbsy

misfire intermitant

Might be worth getting it plugged in to a diagnostics reader as might be a coil pack problem. Apparently its quite common. Ive had 3 replaced on mine. But mines an lcr but assuming they probs suffer the same
  19. melbsy

misfire intermitant

What leon is it?
  20. melbsy

Does anyone know what this is and where I could get one from??

Yeah thats it mate. And i think the brake booster is only on the cupra Version not the LCR. The only pipe i blocked was the one on the bottom of the inlet