Search results

1. loadswine

Buzzy Altea Speakers and ICE upgrade

Hi, well I have just seen this, so have to ask, did the pictures in the first half of this thread not help in identifying the wires to cut on the adaptor leads? Unfortunately I can't go and check on my car, as I sold it 2 weeks ago. ( really miss it, was a great car) The Infinitys certainly...
  2. loadswine

Grip in snow

I'm amazed the DSG box never had a snow or ice mode fitted. Its a pain on my Altea in icy conditions. Show it a start on a slope and you'll end up walking! Once you've got going its reasonable, just the initial pull away with DSG and the TDi engine that makes it difficult. I have just ordered...
  3. loadswine

egr valve - mot requirement?

I have a spare egr that we can discuss if you still need it. I had my intake manifold flap mechanism fail, but my original egr valve was just encrusted with vast amounts of carbon which I cleaned off. Might be that's all that's needed here.
  4. loadswine

Lowered the Altea (With pics)

I've been reading through this thread and have to say that the Altea looks pretty good lowered.
  5. loadswine

Altea Soon to be gone!

Good luck with the new motor Chris, hope its a good'un.:)
  6. loadswine

EGR Cleaning on Altea.

Good question on the seals, I doubt if its possible to buy them from Seat separately, judging by past experience. It also strikes me that if oil is getting past the seals, it constitutes a bit of a boost leak as well, though probably not very significant. However, my car is driving much better...
  7. loadswine

EGR Cleaning on Altea.

Funnily enough I managed to pick up a low mileage flap assembly and egr valve off ebay last week. I didn't need the egr, as mine was okay, but put the flap on, changed that blown fuse, cleared the code and its been fine for over a week now, job's a good'un! If anybody needs an egr valve, give...
  8. loadswine

My Car Knows....

Chris, I am gutted for you. I wonder what caused that catastrophic failure? Did you read my recent thread on the nearside inner CV joint? One bearing out of the three had totally collapsed and was within an ace of doing something similar if I hadn't caught it in time. There are used gearboxes...
  9. loadswine

Vibration when accelerating

Just got my car back and its all fixed! It was the inner CV joint. Apparently this is a 3 roller bearing design going into a journal and one of these bearings had completely collapsed. Part wasn't cheap at £150 or so from Seat, but my car is all sorted and accelerates nice and smoothly again.
  10. loadswine

Droning

The worst tyres for noise that I have experienced were the Bridgestones, truly awful compared with everything else I've tried. Goodyear F1 GSD3s were the quietest. (and best)
  11. loadswine

Well I phoned Seat and they confirmed categorically that no recalls have or should have been issued for my car. I checked with the dealer who serviced my car as well and they said there were no alerts for my car or any of its matching type. I did think it funny though when I mentioned to the...
  12. loadswine

I've driven it a bit more, just to try and figure out what's going on with it. At any speed, if its constant, there is no noticeable vibration at all. Accelerate hard from standstill and the vibration is not immediate. Worst is hard acceleration in 2nd , 3rd and 4th, it still picks up well, but...
  13. loadswine

Droning

I had a drone at the back of my 2.0 TDi DSG Altea as well. I was convinced it was wheel bearings until I changed the rear tyres ( premature wear due to duff settings) and the noise disappeared. I have a new issue now, but that is more a vibration than a noise and only under hard acceleration...
  14. loadswine

Doesn't feel like a braking issue at all. Turbo could be a possible, or perhaps an injector failing under load maybe. Anybody suffered turbo failure and had similar symptoms? I always thought, rightly or wrongly, that with turbo failure, it was accompanied by vast amounts of smoke from the...
  15. loadswine

I have a vibration somewhere at the front end of my 2.0 TDi DSG Altea. It happens when I accelerate fairly hard and its almost like an increasing wheel wobble, but it isn't speed dependant, ie you can acclerate to say 70 and it happens, but once you sty at constant 70, it all stabilises. It...
  16. loadswine

Intresting review of the new Ibiza Cupra on Pistonheads.

After driving my manual car ( not my Seat)on the M25 yesterday afternoon,( which was more like a car park) I would have killed for a DSG box.
  17. loadswine

Altea 2.0 TDi running unevenly

I got mine for just over £50. It was a remanufactured unit from Bosch. It was easy to fit, no problems, in fact as it was an exchange unit, I took off the old one outside the shop in about five minutes. As long as you can undo the clips on the inlet pipe okay, the rest is very easy.
  18. loadswine

powerflex arb altea

Its probably best if you measure the actual one you have to be on the safe side. I'm looking to get a set of powerflex bushes for the front wishbones on my Altea as they are worn. Think the ARB is okay at the moment. Anyone know of a good source for Powerflex stuff?
  19. loadswine

Altea 2.0 TDi - DTC Code - Need A Little Help

Cogs were fine on mine, but the circuitry was fubarred and full of oil.
  20. loadswine

Altea 2.0 TDi running unevenly

Mine was doing something similar a few months back and I had the fuel filter changed, which made it a bit better, but the biggest change came from replacing the MAF. It is so much better now and fuel economy has improved as well.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.