Search results

1. Engine conversions

I was thinking maybe get a cheap a3 Quattro and swap the engine etc! And there aren't many Ibiza cupra out there for scrap is there
  2. Engine conversions

Hello all. I've got a cupra tdi 160. I got a yellow one but the colour fade and lacquer peel in terrible. I'm thinking of maybe buying another shell and putting all good parts over. Has anyone done this? I don't really want to spend 1000-2000 on full re spray because I don't like the yellow...
  3. Anyone used plasti dip?

Hello everyone it's been a while since been on here, but I've got a new topic! Has anyone used the plasti dip for a car colour change? My Ibiza cupra in ovi yellow has started to fade so I've thought about using plasti dip. Anyone know roughly how much it will cost and where to get it from?
  4. Front driver coil spring snapped in half

Awwww gutted! I changed other side which was a pain! Tried euro parts they said no stock.
  5. Front driver coil spring snapped in half

Today I heard a horrible clunking from the driver side of my Ibiza cupra tdi! Looked to find the coil spring snapped in half. I'm guessing the spring is not same as standard so does anyone know where to find correct spring and to replace do I need to take the strut completely off! Thanks guys
  6. Fronts fog light cover missing

I spoke to dealership, it comes as whole unit. 110 quid they wanted. Unbelievable so went on eBay. 15 quid bargain
  7. Both wing mirrors not working????

They don't move with the switch
  8. Both wing mirrors not working????

My Ibiza mirrors aren't working. I've looked at fuses but not that. Any ideas?
  9. Fronts fog light cover missing

Anyone know where I Can buy a front fog light cover?
  10. Mk4 Cupra tdi Clutch Help!!!!

I've had kind of the same problem, I've just had it back 120 down but it's a beast again! Replaced the gear box mounts and fuel filter running 195 bhp and 300 nm
  11. 04 cupra tdi misfire?

Hi I bought my tdi CUPRA 2 and half years ago! With 62k on clock. Now on 106k on about 10 occasions the turbo just got lost. Pull over stop engine start again problem gone. But now I'm getting same judder problem. It's weird though cos there no warning lights on and after driving 30 mins runs...
  12. Car juddering

I've got a tdi CUPRA and mine is juddering proper bad! It's on 106k I'm thinking injectors! Any ideas?
  13. New clutch which can take over 300 nm torque

I got the kit from dark side! 410 I paid then got mate to fit it for 150! Well I'm 1000 miles in and it still not playing! I've also had stage 1 map, milltek exhaust and air filter! Running 185-195bhp but dark side said clutch kit will easy take that!
  14. New clutch which can take over 300 nm torque

Solid is the one you want but your talking 1k I managed to get the kit for 410 and fitted for 150. I'm 900 miles in and still needs more bedding in but it is running with stage one and milltek exhaust s
  15. New clutch and stage 1 but still slip at 850 miles in.

Lol Ye I will mate! Just wasted a octavia vrs no problem which is 200bhp so much be going ok lol
  16. New clutch and stage 1 but still slip at 850 miles in.

If that was the case wouldn't the light be coming on and off. I took it for a blast just then after hour warm up and it was flying. Maybe more bedding in
  17. New clutch and stage 1 but still slip at 850 miles in.

Its just a standard sachs clutch kit! It doesn't so much slip in 2nd and I noticed after a warm up it runs better! Weird!
  18. New clutch and stage 1 but still slip at 850 miles in.

Hello all, I've just had new clutch and flywheel. Then had stage 1 by awesome gti but car still not producing the 185-195bhp it's should be! Still feels like clutch is slipping! It's 850 miles in but still not happy! It does need fuel and oil service but I don't think this is problem! Any help...
  19. Mud flaps on ibiza

Must be the dirty diesel then, cheers lads
  20. Judder on my CUPRA tdi?

I will give it 500 miles then take it to awesome for them to do custom map! Might get a egr delete also! Just pissing me off can't do over 80 without heavy juddering. I don't understand why 1st, 2nd and 3rd are fine!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members