Search results

1. FR tdi coolant leak on heater matrix pipes???

Hi Peeps, Have an 06 plate fr tdi with a coolant leak. It’s currently saturating the sound deadening black carpet stuff that is attached to the firewall/bulkhead. My mate thinks it could be where the pipes join on to the heater matrix stubs? It’s then probably tracking down this carpet and...
  2. Cruise control connections??!!

Hi guys. I've got myself a cruise control kit wiring loom and stalks. Just reading through the instructions and there as clear as mud. I get the first bit where u plug in the following; White - pin 26 Red - pin 27 Black - pin 28 White - pin 29 Yellow - pin 30 Blue - pin 31 But after...
  3. Interior lights on constantly with doors closed?

Where in vcds can this be found? I have vcds....
  4. Interior lights on constantly with doors closed?

Hi guys. Got 06 plate Ibiza. Every time I select door lights on the main light switch the lights come on but don't go off when the doors are closed. I'm thinking the microswitch in the locking mechanism? But how do I find out which one? Drivers, passengers or the rear tailgate? One other thing...
  5. Ace Remap worcester FR 130 help!

Hi guys. Looking at getting my fr remapped. I'm in Worcester. There's a place in Worcester called ace remaps. Anyone used them? Is there a place that anyone would recommend? Don't mind driving to Birmingham or the like just don't want a crap job done that will kill the dmf etc. Thanks.
  6. Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

Mine have just started to go on both sides. I'll send up a pic tomoz. Mines an 06 plate with 103k on clock. Both gone in exactly the same place!!
  7. New radiator time on 130 PD?

Behind the engine. The main part that seperates the engine bay from the dashboard. Apparently there's two seals on the pipe work that feeds the heater matrix in the dash. I'm not sure mine are leaking but Urs maybe.? What engine do u have? I've got the 130bhp pd BLT that has the dreaded egr...
  8. New radiator time on 130 PD?

Thanks bald eagle. Is that the metalish looking pipes at the bulkhead right behind the inlet pipe from the air filter?
  9. New radiator time on 130 PD?

Well I am at the moment hence the reason why I've disconnected the egr cooler to see if it's that. All my other cars including one that has the same vw 1.9 tdi had hot top pipe and a really warm bottom pipe after a long run.
  10. New radiator time on 130 PD?

Hi guys. I've got a 130 PD BLT and i think there is an issue with the coolant system. basically the bottom hose never gets warm? the car has never overheated though? ive changed the stat but that made no difference! i've also disconnected the EGR Cooler and plugged the vacuum pipe leading to...
  11. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Will do. Might have to wait a few days now though. Mot time. Best not pop in to the test centre just yet with a check engine light on.
  12. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Ok got u. So just in case it's best to disconnect the egr valve if I do the cooler too?! When I get a min I'll do that.
  13. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Matt ur a legend. I'll have a go at doing as u said above. Disconnecting the pipe that connects to the egr how will that show if the coolant is leaking? I would have thought there would be a constant flow of coolant through the egr cooler at all times powered by the water pump?! Also how much...
  14. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

So if I joined out the two coolant pipes on the egr cooler that would show up whether it's the cooler that is leaking coolant?! So if I put a blanking plate on the pipe that attaches to the bottom of the egr that would blank it of but throw up a light on the dash?
  15. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Cheers Matt. I don't mind buying that delete pipe and egr delete kit from dark side. They do one for about £50 and the pipe is about £35. Just wanted/needed some advice from someone whose been in this scenario before. How much for someone to map it out? Anyone round the midland that could do it...
  16. EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Hi guys. I've got a fr tdi 130bhp Blt. I'm pretty sure the egr cooler is leaking as the coolant is going. It's got 103k on the clock. Been searching on here for delete pipes etc but got lost with it all. Egr, egr cooler detete, remapping ecu to get rid of check engine light. I see dark side do...
  17. PD130 Misfire when warm

I know the old pd 115bhp suffered from injector looms knackering out over years of use. Think they throw up a problem code. Have u scanned it?
  18. driveshaft oil seal replacement

I've not heard great things about those driveshafts on different forums. The idea of having a driveshaft sent out with new joints and boots for u just to bolt back in is a good one. I've read people get bad vibrations after fitting. Not to say Robert urs is the same but I think I'd personally...
  19. FR front bushes worn video, advice please

The whole aluminium housing with arm; The arm removed and tool removing the bush;
  20. FR front bushes worn video, advice please

Getting the bush in is easy with the tool. Getting the arm into the bush is the hard bit! I use grease like cv or bearing grease. I took the aluminium block out. I'll upload a pic when I get a min. The kit was cheap as off flea bay.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.