Search results

1. GordieC

Fuel filter connectors/lines

Just to update; I have managed to trace the line I need. The part number for the return line from the filter to the tank is 1K0201293B. In the meantime, I have managed to snap off the broken connector, drill out the remnants of the connector from the hose and reattach the hose to the filter...
  2. GordieC

Fuel filter connectors/lines

I was wondering if anyone would know where to find new connectors/lines for the fuel supply/return lines between the tank and the filter. I jumped under the car to change out the filter as the car has been losing power mid range under full load and throwing up a low fuel pressure code. Anyway...
  3. GordieC

2007 Leon Cupra suspension noise

Just to update: I've ordered the front and back bushes for each of the front wishbones, 2 x ball joints, 2 x track rod ends, 2 x CV boots (small split in one), 2 x top mounts for the front shocks. I will also order some replacement stretch bolts for the subframe. Once fitted along with the new...
  4. GordieC

Thanks for the information and suggestions so far. It's much appreciated. A little update: I had the car up on stands today and had a good look about. As I said before, the noise mostly happens upon full acceleration from low revs, so the torque required to initiate the movement that causes...
  5. GordieC

Many thanks for the input. I've been having a look all over this forum and other VAG forums too and suspension noises seem to be a nightmare to pinpoint on this model. There's no play in the wheel when jacked up, I checked for this when swapping the wheels front to back. As you said, I'll...
  6. GordieC

Good afternoon folks, I've an annoying noise which has developed on my Leon. It sounds like a clunk coming from the front left (nearside/passenger side). I am thinking it may be a worn bush or possibly subframe stretch bolts but thought I would try here to see if anyone else has any ideas...
  7. GordieC

PFL 2007 Xenon fault

There will be a difference in colour if you change a single bulb. They change gradually over time and the blue tends to develop with age/use. Swap over the ballast units and see if the problem swaps sides. It's a bit of a tight job, especially if you've got clumsy sausage-fingered hands like me...
  8. GordieC

PFL 2007 Xenon fault

Another update. I received the new ballast/control unit and it has solved the issue. The old lamp is still working too so I suppose the issue was solely with the ballast unit having water in it. While waiting for the new unit to arrive, I chucked the waterlogged one on the radiator overnight...
  9. GordieC

Cambelts just gone

It sounds like the guy is trying to pull your pants down. Might be worth speaking to Citizens Advice/Trading Standards if isn't sorted now. If he has stated that the engine is reconditioned, ask for documentation and proof of the work carried out.
  10. GordieC

Misfire when up to temperature

I had this on cylinder 3 a few years ago. I ended up having to replace the injector on the cylinder as well as carrying out de-coking of the inlet valves and plates/ports. I used the guide posted on this forum. They were caked in carbon buildup. It made a massive difference. Since doing it, I...
  11. GordieC

PFL 2007 Xenon fault

Just to update, I removed and swapped over the ballast units and the faults magically appeared on the opposite side with the drivers side now working fine. I've now ordered a new ballast/control unit (number 89034934) and it should be with me in 3 days. I got it for a shade under £35 from...
  12. GordieC

PFL 2007 Xenon fault

Good evening ladies and gents, I had the driver side xenon headlamp fail the other day on my 2007 Cupra. I replaced the D1S bulb today and it was working for all of a couple of minutes before going out again. After a few minutes, i tried again and got the same result. I should also point out...
  13. GordieC

New Milltek causing flapping sound

The allow air and condensation to be expelled from the car. If you have the blowers on for heating or AC, the air in the cabin has to be expelled from the cabin as the fans supply it and it is out these vents that the air goes. It means that the fresh air has to travel throughout the entire...
  14. GordieC

Suspension

If you are running standard springs, you may have cracked one of them. It's very common on the Leon. I cracked the front passenger spring on mine. I upgraded them with the Eibach lowering springs. I went for the Sportline ones as the Pro-kit wasn't going to make much of a difference looks-wise...
  15. GordieC

Help please??

Carista should do it as that's what I use all the time now for mine and I managed to reset it when it came up in the past. Thinking back, that was why I got it and ditched the generic code reader.
  16. GordieC

Help please??

I'm not sure about all readers but I used Carista and it told me which corner was at fault and it also let me reset it. I also have a basic, cheap VAG reader but I can't remember if it told me where the fault was, I think it did but can't say 100%.
  17. GordieC

Help please??

I had this when I first got my Leon when it was 5 years old. It was the rear left ABS sensor. I replaced it and it came up again a few months later. Rinse and repeat for a year and I had to replace both rear hubs as the ABS sensor ring was corroded. With the hubs replaced, I haven't had the...
  18. GordieC

Reducing wheel spin

It really would be a lot of work, money and effort. The money spent would go towards a smart, fast AWD car. I had an Evo VII and my wife had the mk2 TT 3.2 Quattro before the Cupra and even when the road is dry and warm, the difference between the Cupra and something AWD is night and day on...
  19. GordieC

EA189 nox “fix” removal possible?

I would speak to these guys: www.autotecscotland.co.uk/services/. They are in Port Glasgow. They deal in Revo maps and I honestly wouldn't have any other map on my car.
  20. GordieC

Reducing wheel spin

You've done about as much as is reasonably possible with the exception of fitting an LSD. The only solution after that is buy an Evo/STi/something with Quattro/4motion/Xdrive etc.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members