Search results

1. After market cv joint

The whole side has Miss shaped. The bolt hole looks like it's off centre now. I'll post some pictures. Real school boy error Any decent after market brands?
  2. After market cv joint

Being a plonka I've hit the end of my cv joint without the bolt in place and deformed the end of the cv and it won't slip back in the hub Tps want about £100-120for a genuine cv. After market start at £25.00 has any one any experience with after market cvs?? Or other options?
  3. Rear springs? LCR

Just a quick one? has anyone replaced their rear springs on the LCR with non OEM branded Ive got to replace on of mine but going to do the pair (altho the local mechanic said just do one that broken?:think:) Any way my options are KYB £14.47+vat which seen silly cheap? Sach £54.99 INC vat TPS-...
  4. LCR sticky revs?

Can the alignment be done with vagcom etc...?
  5. LCR sticky revs?

Hi, Just a quick one... My LCR 225 BAM seem to have a problem around the 2000 Rev range, Im hopeing some one can help out If I rev the car up sometimes its like its stuck at 2k and then settles back other times its fine? It runs a little lumpy when cold but not misfiring Would a...
  6. Injector seal change... Long crank to startHelp

Sorry I should have said its a Leon cupra r bam 1.8. 225 engine... Seems to be all good now tho? Touch wood.... No bleed nipple I can see....
  7. Injector seal change... Long crank to startHelp

Sorry I should have said its a Leon cupra r bam 1.8. 225 engine... Seems to be all good now tho? Touch wood.... No bleed nipple I can see....
  8. Injector seal change... Long crank to startHelp

Hello people! Changed my injector seats andinjector seals just the lower ones as the ones recommended by seat didn't fit! Maybe didfferent injector sizes..Who knows?? Any way All good no leaks but drove the car today fine all good came to start it tonight and it took two attempts to start...
  9. Brake tweaking service popping out pistons?

I need to do disc and pads all-round on my LCR for the winter months. Has any body got a good link to a proper good service on the calipers. Interested to see about how to pop out the calipers red greaseing the pistons sliding pins and correct adjustments for the handbrake cable so I can make...
  10. vacume Hose Sizes and adaptors

Thanks for the info! Cheers
  11. vacume Hose Sizes and adaptors

Hi Boys and girls... Can any one help with hose sizes for the LCR im looking at removing the injectors and replaceing the seats and seals at the week end and assumed it would be a good time to replace some old tired looking hoses that may be split under the intake as some oil deposits are...
  12. Cupra r issues... Advice please

I've had a poke and seems all 4 injector seals are weeping a bit, so that's first job... Can cover gasket is leaking at back side slightly... And under the inlet manifold the 2 way plastic pipe for oil breather is covered in oil but can't see any splits .... But a bugger to see anything...
  13. Cupra r issues... Advice please

Legend mate! I'll get on it cheers for the advice...
  14. Cupra r issues... Advice please

A few issues on my LCR are niggleing me hope fully someone can help... Reving at 2000rpm it feels like a miss fire a little lumpy.. Rev the engine it seems to stick at a high rev for a split second and come back down once the pedal had released. When you power off its almost jurkie off...
  15. catch can worth the hassle? best location on stock LCR

Found a catch can at the car boot the other day whoop!. Now read a few right ups and get the idea but is it really worth the hassle fitting it? Where on earth can you squeeze it in on the LCR? Stock filter etc.. Cheers for advice
  16. LCR wishbone rebushing guide

hi mate great guide. When fitting the large flat polybush on the rear im assuming the larger flange/rim sits to the bottom resting on the sub frame? can you confirm this? Cheers
  17. Ball joint bolts removed steering out??

Nothing else off just CV joint clean and reassemble. I'm pretty mechanically minded but can't see how undoing the lower bolts would throw it off?? Is there a way to adjust them? 3 holes and 3 bolts can't be much off surely?
  18. Ball joint bolts removed steering out??

Hello people! Just a quick one, did a CV boot today first one on the LCR quite an adventure!:blink: wrong parts supplied no tools to do the stupid sized HEX bolt .... sorted them after half a day of searching! Problem is after fitting every thing back together the steering is slightly...
  19. HELP!! 1.6s in serious need of help!!

my 1.6 was a bitch, EGR valve caused all the idle problems car died on an island once lost power steering servo brakes etc... stopped it from starting so check that area again also throttle body clean out, hit it with carb cleaner and see if it ups the rev range when at 2k have a mate squirt it...
  20. My First Leak(s), Tested - Under Inlet Mani Hoses (LCR)

these are the best thing you can ever get in your tool box! http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/28304091/aview/irwin_power_grip.jpg real good bit of kit or cut a slot with an dremel and bit flat head!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise