Search results

1. 4/4 dirty dervs

Tfsi to flutter or not to flutter?

I've since boght a new car but just can't part with the cupra so still got it lol ... And I definitely have flutter again. But not as much as when my dv was unplugged. Sounded very jap lol ... I've changed to a Dv+ since which I actually think has improved the response a bit..
  2. 4/4 dirty dervs

Maybe a silly question. But dash swap?

wow thats a lot cheaper than i expected. obviously id need the rest but am i right in thinking i would also need the key from the golf i salvage parts off as the immobilisers built into the cluster? so then id have the transponder bit to put in my key which works the locks.
  3. 4/4 dirty dervs

Rear bumper & exhaust conversion

ive done exactly that to mine. just cut out the grey insert to accomodate the twin centre exit. and then buy yourself the diffuser and stick that ontop and hey presto :) .. im just lacking the difuser at the minute so its just a standard cupra bumper with the middle cut out
  4. 4/4 dirty dervs

yeah if i cant replace with a golf or a3 dash. ill look into flocking etc but hopefully i can make it work. just got to find one thats relatively cheap enough so if it doesnt work ive not wasted a fortune.
  5. 4/4 dirty dervs

BWA Engine lost all boost - Help please!

have you checked the dv? .. Is it running ok apart from this. Any smoke etc.
  6. 4/4 dirty dervs

I think a Leon is better than the golf in every way, apart from the interior feels a lot more tacky and plasticy. So being as the cars are both on the same platform. Would it be relatively straight forward to swap the dashes ? I know the door cards might not match up well but I'm talking just...
  7. 4/4 dirty dervs

DIY Turbo Replacment

yeah i wouldn't fancy it myself. but i have a short temper and no patience lol.
  8. 4/4 dirty dervs

DIY Turbo Replacment

ive done a pd130 on axle stands before. pretty similar job. and to be honest it has put me off doing my cuora. but i think that was just because i didnt have proper ramps and the clostraphobic space underneath.
  9. 4/4 dirty dervs

induction kits. what you got and is it worth it

i got a mtc one with ram air cone ... basically a itg copy . not quite as good quality. but i dont have any complaints. has a darth vadar noise. i like it
  10. 4/4 dirty dervs

anybody got a tfsi with a single mass flywheel conversion ??

my clutch has started to slip when cold and wondering if anyone has any experience of a single mass flywheel. good or bad . issues etc. like the chatter on idle i jear about. thanks
  11. 4/4 dirty dervs

Cupra Running Rough

ohhh i stand corrected .. i just glossed over it didnt read the details my bad :)
  12. 4/4 dirty dervs

Cupra Running Rough

im gonna suggest a coilpack is misbehaving. my cupra bucked like crazy when that went and drove like a.piece of sh*t with no power. when the pcv went it only caused my idle to fluctuate and (feel) like the throttle was sticking.
  13. 4/4 dirty dervs

Tyre changing

the more weights will be right. shows that theyve done their job and balanced them. and the pads can be removed simply by adhesive remover. handy stuff for debadging etc.
  14. 4/4 dirty dervs

Cupra R full piper exhaust system

just had a listen. have to say it sounds epic yet almost when not on it. civilized... do you get droning at all ?? .. thats the only thing i dislike about mine on long journeys at 60-65 .. not good lol .. ill see if i can get a video of the sound of the full piper system up.. just need to invest...
  15. 4/4 dirty dervs

Cupra R full piper exhaust system

good choice! not a lot of other options for the mk2 compares to the noise and looks if you ask me. but in others eyes could be too much. everyones different.
  16. 4/4 dirty dervs

randomly smoke on idle ?

I've put the pcv back on, no difference, but car actually felt like it drove a little bit better but really don't want to do the exhaust unless I'm selling it as it was a pig to do with just a pair of little ramps. For some reason in my mind I'm almost positive it's the lack of back pressure...
  17. 4/4 dirty dervs

randomly smoke on idle ?

pretty sure its already 5w40 :( . believe it was the quantum platinum ? i get all my service stuff from tps.
  18. 4/4 dirty dervs

randomly smoke on idle ?

ive done a bit of searching and apparently vxrs get smoke on idle with the early k04s due to oil pressure being too high and resort to a restrictor bolt.. was.thinking maybe mine is doing the same sort of thing but cant believe up until now im the only tfsi to have this lol .. has anyone tried...
  19. 4/4 dirty dervs

randomly smoke on idle ?

ill give that a go then .. how long did it take for your smoke to clear up ?
  20. 4/4 dirty dervs

TFSI revving up and down itself

its obviously not ideal but i wouldnt leave it too long as mine started to make the rocker cover weap as the boost was passing back up through the wrong way in my pcv. what i done for a couple of days was dissconect the pipe that runs from the pcv to the inlet at the inlet end and blocked the...