Search results

1. 8arran8

Air Intake Temp Over 100`C!!

Cheers guys :D It took about 5 hours all in, that was cutting the bumper as well, didn't feel like that long though! Yea the car feels more responsive but there is more turbo noise, not sure if it's a small leak I'm hearing aswell... Will have to investigate. The car hasn't been any more...
  2. 8arran8

Cheers guys :D It took about 5 hours all in, that was cutting the bumper as well, didn't feel like that long though! Yea the car feels more responsive but there is more turbo noise, not sure if it's a small leak I'm hearing aswell... Will have to investigate. The car hasn't been any more smokey...
  3. 8arran8

Arran's TDi FR

Update at last! As a few might know I had overheating issues after the remap, the side mount cooler just wasn't up to scratch. So I bought an Airtec front mount and it looks amazing. Also brought the temp down to 26'C at redline when booting the car through the gears :D The night...
  4. 8arran8

So to anyone that's interested, I fitted an Airtec Frint mount intercooler and piping kit. Fitted well with a few cut outs from the bumper. I took it out for a run and let the car get up to temperature and then plugged in VCDS. Ran the car at normal driving and also ripping it along some roads...
  5. 8arran8

I recently bought an airtec front mount cooler for my car but not got round to fitting due to weather and work. Should be done this weekend if all plans go ahead and I will post my results as soon as I know. Good to know I'm not the only one suffering from this
  6. 8arran8

Wiring loom cable sizes?

Cheers mate, knew it was small but wasn't sure if I should go with 16strand or 32. Might just stick with 16 strands and see how it goes. Was only asking as I've had problems with my temp control and if I muck up the readings of the MAP sensor by using wrong cable then I will be up the creek haha
  7. 8arran8

Wiring loom cable sizes?

Does anyone have any experience with the wiring loom for a 1.9tdi MAP sensor? I recently bought a front mount cooler and the wiring loom aparently needs to be extended by about 150mm. I am comfortable with soldering new wires into the look but I've no idea what size of cable to use...
  8. 8arran8

Ah right yeah that does make sense, I got rid of the shroud when the bumper went so I will have to buy a front mount. Cheers for all your help guys! I will aim to buy the cooler asap and will keep this updated!
  9. 8arran8

I've got the Cupra front bumper which is not ideal for the side mount, so I'm aware that flow will be slightly restricted but I'm not the first to have put this bumper on and no one else seems to have this problem. The shroud doesn't fit behind the new bumper so I have to keep the fog light out...
  10. 8arran8

Guess I'm gonna have to part with my cash for a front mount!:cry: I'm going to give a last ditch effort and remove all the piping and ensure everything is clear, then do a run with the bumper off so the cooler is on display. At least that will eliminate any air flow and blockage issues. If...
  11. 8arran8

quick update. I fitted the new MAP sensor and nothing seems to have changed. instead of maxing at 115'C im getting 105'C but that's the only change[:@] Thinking about taking apart the intercooler piping and having a look inside for blockages but apart from that im at a loss :shrug:
  12. 8arran8

I got the sensor yesterday but it will be a weekend job for me to fit it due to work. I will keep this thread updated with the results and readings I get on vcds once fitted
  13. 8arran8

Cheers bud, it was the right one I ordered!
  14. 8arran8

Should the MAP sensor have 4 or 5 ports on it? I've read something about 5 but the ones for sale all have 4 :confused: Don't want to pick up the wrong one, the descriptions all mention pressure but no temperate with the MAP sensors
  15. 8arran8

Ok so this morning plugged the car in to vcds and the air intake temp was sitting at 5.5'C which was right enough for the temperature where I am. But after 5 mins of 40mph and very sensible driving I got readings for 35'C. I then done another run after work, IAT was at 12'C which was the same...
  16. 8arran8

I will get one ordered ASAP, what pressure rating would you recommend? I plan on taking the car quite a bit further with power so should I go for the 3bar?? The mapper said I should expect temperatures about 50-65 depending on conditions so I will be happy at even getting that low!
  17. 8arran8

Yeah 007 third one in, I just went out in my dads leon and it struggled to get above 30'C at redline! Is the map sensor the one going into the intercooler ye? I always get mixed up where they all are lol
  18. 8arran8

Cheers for the response guys. The fins look clean enough and there isn't any marks to suggest a blow/blocking. When it went for a remap it had similar readings, which obviously worsened as more power was added. I will go back to the centre of the issue is not resolved by the other solutions. I...
  19. 8arran8

(((I have tried the search but nothing comes back with the same issue as mines))) Firstly my car is a PD130 FR. stage 1 map and a cupra front bumper. apart from that nothing has been changed. So whilst having my car remapped last week the tuner said the car was running extremely hot, he...
  20. 8arran8

Pd150/130 brakes HELP!

Cheers bud that's perfect!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.