Search results

1. mymorph

TDI boost pipes, performace?

brilliant, seems to have been along time coming. look forward to the pics
  2. mymorph

Boost hose popped off

that's what I did and didn't come off again until after about 18months the hose burst on the elbow. I then fitted the kit from SFS. but I think there are better options now.
  3. mymorph

fr tdi exhaust help

indeed, I'm still on original, 10yrs old this year.
  4. mymorph

Brake light out/traction control

I think it only becomes an issue when both lights are out. stealer wanted to plug into VAG.com for £80. I just replaced the bulbs - all ok.
  5. mymorph

Boost hose popped off

for the money this is a good buy: http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/upgraded-side-mount-intercooler-kit-for-1-9-tdi-pd130-asz-and-us-spec-bewengine.html
  6. mymorph

Brake light out/traction control

yes. on tdi fr when both brake lights were out TCS light become problemaltic
  7. mymorph

Drive shaft part number

same as fr.the driveside (offside) is 6q0 407 272 CI. I got 1 from driveshaft.co.uk but the inner cv joint failed after 6 months so its got to go back. Can you not just replace CV? or exchange at the seat dealer & get genuine is my advice. Sears worked out about £250 if I remember right...
  8. mymorph

Just gained a Terrible splutter and losing power!!!!

PETROL, diesel? im assuming petrol. try changing fuel filter
  9. mymorph

What is the most fuel efficient amount to fill up?

id recommend at least 3/4, that way you aint havin to goto the pump ALL THE TIME. buy descent fuel - Shell, keep the air filter clean. keep the boost hoses sealed! enjoy the car, she's a hot babe.
  10. mymorph

cupra tdi gears stiff

could well be and worth doing anyway. when I did my wifes fr the gear change was so much smoother after. its a simple job and don't cost ought a bit fiddly tho. there is a guide on here somewhere.
  11. mymorph

cupra tdi gears stiff

have you done the linkage realignment thingy. simple enough
  12. mymorph

2004 Seat Ibiza FR 1.9TDI Oil Coming From From Turbo Pipe?!

http://www.siliconhose.com/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=CKIT120# and http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=190104&product=FMTHI130D or...
  13. mymorph

2004 Seat Ibiza FR 1.9TDI Oil Coming From From Turbo Pipe?!

the 'screw' is a known method to keep the pipes on and works well. A puddle is more of a leak than normal imho. if its leaking oil you will be losing boost pressure as well. I recommend getting a new set of pipes too try sfs or custom making your own, the bayonet fittings are now easily...
  14. mymorph

Sport pd130 turbo hose question

the SFS kit has a lovely custom made SS top pipe (intercooler to EGR.) which looks just the job! the tight 90° bottom pipe is probably the most tricky to make as tolerances need tobe so tight.
  15. mymorph

SFS stuff is top notch. I have the kit fitted - just need to order the turbo to pancake pipe to finish the job off. no more leaks and reliability! not too mention it improves sound, appears to reduce smoke (I think that's due to no boost leaks). They were working on a new kit last time I spoke...
  16. mymorph

about £2 from stealers I think. you defo need clip. you may have too much wear if its been rattling about. I did a similar thing with my pipes (jubilee clips etc) until the lower 90 elbow split. I then bought the kit from sfs.
  17. mymorph

MK4 1.9 TDI Exhausts

still on original 9yrs
  18. mymorph

as you say hissing means leak. youll have to recheck all the connections. didn't notice any movement on my turbo hose. the turbo hose is the only hose I havnt replaced and the fluoro hose is on the list to buy & looks easy to change. make sure all the clips are seated correctly!
  19. mymorph

Cleaning products

windows- finish with RainX. allways. safety in a can!
  20. mymorph

Handbrake constantly loose

not adjusted correctly on one caliper. shoddy workmanship. youll need to slacken off the adjuster and rewind in the calipers.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members