Search results

1. bizaman

Creaking when approaching lock...

Yep fluids all good. Only started when I replaced the top mounts
  2. bizaman

Nope all standard. It only started after I replaced the top mounts! Does your noise come from the engine bay?
  3. bizaman

Insurance

hahah i wont pass comment on that but you still get cheaper insurance than us anyway!
  4. bizaman

Insurance

Thats the thing, lots of little differences all add up to one big price difference by the end, also worth bearing in mind that car insurance has once again gone up on average of around 12% IIRC!
  5. bizaman

Insurance

Insurance is based on lots of things, most of them are witchcraft and voodoo from what I can gather. I would argue with you on the power front... But some other reasons Cost of repairs would be higher on the Leon Age is a big factor, I don't know how old you are but adding someone older as...
  6. bizaman

starting issues

Had similar issues a few years back on my MK2... Was the cold start sensor! But in reality it could be almost anything!
  7. bizaman

Insurance

Mine is through Admiral.. £800 per year fully comp 27 year old male (me) and the wife! No Mods 3 years NCB No points No Accidents Highish crime rating postcode! The insurance compared to a MK3 golf (GTi or otherwise) will always be allot more on the Cupra!
  8. bizaman

Ok so I fixed one problem but created another! I was getting a fairly loud knock when going over bumps in the road, got the car up in the air and all the joints were fine, ARB bushes were ok as were the track rods so I figured it to be a top mount issue as I had this on my MK2 Ibiza. So I...
  9. bizaman

16v Supercharger

Links arent working!
  10. bizaman

It Begins.......

I already dished that advice out in another thread ;)
  11. bizaman

It Begins.......

Ok so the plot thickens....... Driving along this evening at about 40 and the engine cut out and sprang back into life all of a sudden. It blipped for a second if that! Weird!
  12. bizaman

Beeping from door on hard left...

That makes no difference! Starving your engine of oil is still starving your engine of oil! CHECK IT! Then top it up! Otherwise you will kill it! And then come on here and ask why! No offence but you need to do it!
  13. bizaman

Car cut out... now car won't start!?

Does it crank over on the key? Is the battery charged? Is the alternator belt there? Have you checked the afformentioned? Did you run out of petrol? :cartman:
  14. bizaman

Beeping from door on hard left...

Check the dash i suspect you will see a light apear. To my knowledge the door cant beep! I had this once in my Ibiza turned out the oil light was coming on when on a hard cornering due to a lack of oil!
  15. bizaman

It Begins.......

Ok so i have had the cordy for a few months now and bar a tax disc she hasnt needed anything. Well this is begining to change! She has developed a rattle/noise/woosh that is cant quite describe or place. When accelerate hard or normal it sound like air rushing but creating a rattle at the same...
  16. bizaman

Possibly Returning to Seat.....

Well some of you may remember me some of you wont. Looking to possibly buy a Cordy 2.0 16v SX. Going to look at it today but not sure what to look out for. Car has MOT till July and has a fuller service history too. Apears to be totally standard and looked after (clean outside at least) So...
  17. bizaman

remap complete......wow!!!

Who Cares! Sparky, nice read out mate. TBH RR's are a lottery and there is a certain amount of salt to be taken with each reading. I would say the figures were optomistic your probably punchin in at around the 260 mark but fair play for that its not to be sniffed at. As long as you are happy...
  18. bizaman

problem!

Thsi recetnyl happened to me (the noise not the wheel falling off) Noise was in neutral. I also had a juddering on full lock through the wheel. So i "assumed" that the CV joint needed replaceing. I did this guess what? Gearbox was knackered to. Dont forget if it makes thenoise in nuetral at a...
  19. bizaman

value my car ?

Sarcasm is lost on some people http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85523 :whistle:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members