Search results

1. rattling noise under acceleration

righty right... i have been under the car again and have had a long look whilst doing an oil change, i noticed that the exhaust mount just after the cat has snapped off... as well as the mount just before the back box.. in hopes that this was the cause i bought and fitted a Milltek exhaust...
  2. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

0oo, I will keep a look out for this, what sort of time you looking to do that? What do you mean by cupra r kit? thought u had a cupra r? im lost haha
  3. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Hi mate, Its difficult to explain height without pictures, But.. The ride is not bad at all, I would have said theyre better than a **** set of coilovers. The thing with air suspension is that the more air you have in the bags the harder the ride becomes. So the best thing to do is...
  4. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Thanks guys! Will try get a pic of it raised up.. it goes back to normal height when its fully aired up.. but the ride is very harsh.
  5. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Just a few more pictures that i never posted, thanks for looking :)
  6. rattling noise under acceleration

Hi there, Tnanks for the replys, I have had it on a ramp twice, No joy.. im doing an oil change this week so wil have another look... slowly giving up on this car... might be time to buy a jap! lol
  7. rattling noise under acceleration

Hi there, thanks for the reply, No it doesnt do it when stationary, its so difficult to explain when it occurs, its doesnt usually happen at low rev range, its at its loudest when in 3rd gear, it also makes the noise when im going over a rough surface, I have a specific hill i drive up when i...
  8. rattling noise under acceleration

hi guys, yeh the car is completely standard when it comes to the mechanics of the car, the only thing ive changed is the suspension and a dump valve. dont think its detonation matey no. it only occurs when im going slighlty uphil and with my foot on accelerator. so odd
  9. Air suspension

yeh i agree with you mate, should have gone for that myself, still... does the same job :)
  10. rattling noise under acceleration

Hi everyone, I have been struggling lately to locate a new noise i have coming from the car, What it sounds like is a very distinctive rattling sound coming from the front of my car. What i have noticed is that it only does it under these circumstances : . when my foot is on the...
  11. Air suspension

looks like a nice example mate, Im currently on air suspension, just the basic manual lift kit aswell, couldnt recommend it more, Not sure why i didnt do it sooner, or at least go with a more expensive kit! Looks really good in silver, miles are exactly the same as mine too... recent cambelt too!
  12. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

thanks mate appreciate it
  13. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Hi there, Thanks for the comments, the kit was £1550 and fitting was £600. This is for the manual paddle kit, I made a mistake buying this, I should have gone straight for the V2 kit which would have been an additional £500 Just incase your not sure on the difference like i wasnt before i...
  14. My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

I agree with you completely, Future proofing is fundamental if your keeping the vehicle for a long time. I would love to do it to my Leon but Im not sure how far i want to start digging in, I consider mine to be in very good condition with only 66k on the clock, but really getting stuck in to...
  15. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Thanks for the nice comments guys!! The wheels are 18's mate. There is room for me to get it down some more by rolling the arches and getting some IDF plates but im not that concerned about it. I do love how it sits already
  16. Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

Hi there, Since I last posted loads of stuff has been happening. I had the car repainted. An absolute blessing working in a body shop!! Next up was some brand new brakes, I went with genuine parts all around apart from the front discs, For those I went with EBC grooved and drilled...
  17. My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Hi mate, I think the direction your going with is the perfect fit for this car.. Your attention to detail is beyond OCD lol But can i see your exhaust back box is a little rusty? Any plans to change it? cheers tony
  18. Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

absolutely unreal! Amazing work mate, cant wait to see more
  19. My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

hi mate, I guess you have heard this a million times, but i admire your attention to detail and the quality of finish on your leon, It looks amazing mate. well done
  20. Another creaking suspension thread :)

Hello there, I have had a good look at some of the threads on here in regards to front suspension creaking And i am seeing lots of useful advise but i would like the opinions of someone who has dealt with this issue first hand. My Cupra R 03 at very low speeds makes a quick creaking noise...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.