Search results

1. stupot_1982

Glovebox/console screws - torx

Has anyone got surplus dash screws as above or know where I can source them? I think they are T20. For a Mk1 LCR. Ive tried to search for them but can't find them anywhere! Thanks
  2. stupot_1982

what have you done to your car today ?

Oil catch can Finally completed and installed my DIY coffee :think: catch can; There's a piece of steel bar in the middle to support the scourer and a piece of sheet aluminium to divide the air from cam to tip, hopefully reducing oil/fumes
  3. stupot_1982

Cheers lee. Need to take it for a good run and check g/s and also temps. Next job is bolt on my DIY coffee canister catch can :D
  4. stupot_1982

DIY Heatshield Finally got round to finishing a heatshield following the DIY guide on here. Albeit Pipercross filter is too big so will be swapping for greencotton at some point. [/URL][/IMG]
  5. stupot_1982

Help car won't run!!!

Could be a popped boost hose or MAF. Had this happen to me, I disconnected the MAF to get me home
  6. stupot_1982

oil change Decided to change the oil from only doing it 2 months previous as i I had noticed mayo in dipstick all the way through.I literally do about 500 yards commute and back but need my car for my job during the day, so oil barely gets warm. Looked at part of breather system and discovered...
  7. stupot_1982

Door seals Fabb'd some mdf rings and replaced standard speakers all round with two 6.5 subs in the back and two mid range at the front. Sealed them up good and applied lots of dynamat inside the doors. Now sounds far crisper and punchier. Also did the leaky door fix following the forum...
  8. stupot_1982

Changed oil and filter. Changed Pollen filter, and also thermostat as it was stuck open. Took it for a spin and all is toasty again.
  9. stupot_1982

P1296 fault code

I've had this very recently, changed CTS and code disappeared, but thermostat was still sticking open so changed that too. Now all is good.
  10. stupot_1982

LCR downpipe

I can imagine there's truth in what is said. I had trouble with a couple of bolts and had to grind them off. The bolts are welded onto the cat so if they are ground off, you have an almost useless cat. I ground all the bolts off and drilled 6 holes for new bolts. This is why you may find them as...
  11. stupot_1982

LCR downpipe

Here's one
  12. stupot_1982

LCR downpipe

Yep, I had the time to source and weld a 3" DP and sports cat. Hence I have a standard one up for grabs.:D
  13. stupot_1982

LCR downpipe

I've got one if you want it. There are other standard ones on ebay for 40-60 quid too
  14. stupot_1982

Downpipe

I would have thought you won't benefit from this replacement if you have an LCR apart from it being long lasting (Stainless). In my opinion you should go for a 3" Downpipe and decat/sportscat to see benefits
  15. stupot_1982

Cupra CAD

Good place to start I would say... http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=55304
  16. stupot_1982

rough idle and temp gauge problem

I've just fixed teh exact same problem with a new Coolant temp sensor
  17. stupot_1982

Anyone Used This TA Technix Downpipe Decat?

The welds are decent quality but prepare for cutting, adjusting and re-welding, it won't be a straight bolt on. It doesn't sit right through the subframe and they have taken into account the quattro so it fouls the chassis on an LCR. Also as Dan says you need a flange on the back of the decat...
  18. stupot_1982

Replaced a coil pack:rolleyes:
  19. stupot_1982

Alignment Got my car aligned. happy with the toe improvement, I suppose. Not happy with camber, they seem to have made it worse. :( I know my car is now lowered, but -1.5 on one side, and over -2.0 on the other...come on!:rolleyes:
  20. stupot_1982

Injector circuit error

Sorted it. Jobs a good 'un
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.