Search results

1. dashnine

Is it an overkill to tank 98 for the E-Hybrid 245 1.4?

As I understand it, and you’re free to check it out yourself, various motoring forums (e.g. PH) discuss it with some delivery drivers commenting - the tankers have small tanks of additives and the dosing system accurately meters the additive dose throughout the transfer of the fuel. Other...
  2. dashnine

Air vents warm air when clima switched OFF

Does the Formentor have a heat pump, or use a PTC heater? If you're getting no heat other than from the ICE I'd suggest something is broken. Can you remotely heat your cars?
  3. dashnine

Is it an overkill to tank 98 for the E-Hybrid 245 1.4?

I've run my 245 PHEV on E10 since I had it, don't think there's any power / economy benefit to using E5. Whilst the base fuels are the same at both supermarket and 'premium' petrol stations, it's the additives added to the fuel by a tanker based dosing system as it's pumped into the tanks at...
  4. dashnine

Poor economy?

The ridiculous cost of a full EV offering same size, range, etc.? Still not convinced by charging infrastructure. Would be interested in the Tavascan but it’s going to cost significantly more than another Formentor PHEV. No, it’s the sound of the fake five cylinder warble…
  5. dashnine

Connecting to Octopus intelligent Go

You need to subscribe.
  6. dashnine

Poor economy?

^ This. Mirrors my thoughts exactly - plus I get to charge at work for free (shhhh, don’t tell the taxman) so my commuting costs are zero, as well as Octopus when back at home. I track both my cars economy out of interest, not need and anything with mpg numbers better than my weekend car is a...
  7. dashnine

Poor economy?

I'd say around 40mpg is about right for constant cruising on a motorway at 70/75mph with little opportunity for regen. On A & B roads I find that goes up to around 50mpg with the slowing for bends, junctions, etc. where the car can do some regen. Wind resistance is a killer with this car...
  8. dashnine

Hmmm, 22°C is quite hot when its 8°C outside, you had the demand set to cold / Low / colder than 22°?
  9. dashnine

Brweak pads OEM code help me!

Apparently there is a new OEM part number out for the rear pads, to prevent pad stiction with a different pad material. Don't know what the part number is as the invoice went to Cupra Warranty.
  10. dashnine

Where's the question? I would imagine, depending on the ambient air temperature the air will warm up a little as it passes through the car depending on the route it takes, the route can be failry complex with the complex packinging in cars these days.
  11. dashnine

Cupra Message

Sounds like you need to RTFM, or work your way through the Infotainment screen to set the Regeneration to High (how hard the car 'brakes' and charges the battery when you take your foot off the throttle), and set the Battery reserve to 20% so that the car uses the engine to charge the battery as...
  12. dashnine

Condensation in front light unit

As above the units aren't sealed which allows them to manage environmental changes. Theres a membrane somewhere to allow air to move in and out of the unit and using a power washer can cause water to get into the unit (or at least it did on the Land Rovers I had). It'll go naturally, or...
  13. dashnine

Cupra Message

I don't think you can turn it off (but then I've never seen it). Turn the regen on High and find a steep hill to drive down?
  14. dashnine

Quick Digital Cockpit Question

Just press "one of the 2 buttons on the right of the steering wheel" again depending on which screen it's in.
  15. dashnine

Advice before I purchase new

I really like my VZ2 245 Hybrid, it's one of the few cars where I'd happily have exactly the same again (not just the car, the trim level, the engine, etc.). Likes: The gadgets, I do like a bit of tech - ACC with speed limit awareness, traffic stop / start is a game changer for me. EV range is...
  16. dashnine

Infotainment problem after update 1969

1940 seemed to be a good update with no issues, now have 1969 and the same (not entirely sure what 1969 fixed).
  17. dashnine

Hybrid Formentor MPG figures

I don't consider the Cupra a quick car, it's a token gesture to balancing up my other car that does 20mpg - ooops there I go again. It's still fun when I want it to though.
  18. dashnine

Hybrid Sport/Cupra Mode Aggresive Regenerative Braking

There's a setting in the Infotainment, can't remember to set regen to High, Low or Auto. Using High will also mean your rear discs will corrode throguh lack of use, though possibly not a problem Down Under (unless you're in the Tropics)....
  19. dashnine

Formentor 2023 Infotainment Issues

I wouldn't be putting it on manually on a month old car still well under warranty. It might come through as an OTA update, or the dealer can install. My dealer has (so far) updated mine each time it's been in without asking.
  20. dashnine

Formentor 2023 Infotainment Issues

1940 is what the factory must be installing, I've not noticed a hugh difference between 1940 and 1969, 1940 is a pretty good release I think.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.