Search results

1. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module! Version2

I cant find a broken wire unfortunately. I took the rubber plug/cover off and moved it as much out of the way and nothing i can see is broken. Il check the drivers side in case its linked but i am at a loss. Maybe vagcom would give me an idea?
  2. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module! Version2

Just to restart this threat. Still no luck. I haven't got around to changing the wiring loom. Still trying to narrow down what else it could be. So far there are two options: Wiring loom in passenger door Body Control Module Any advice on what else it could be? The door definitely makes a...
  3. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module! Version2

Hi Flapper, Thats my next check which I'll tackle tomorrow. Luckily a 2nd hand loom from ebay is only £20.
  4. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module! Version2

Hi all, I have been struggling to solve this issue off and on since October and its driving me mad. I have the common fault of the passenger door not opening on the central locking fob. Initially i thought, yes easy fix as before and bought a new unit from SEAT (£156) only to find out that...
  5. Misfire when up to temperature

Well so far so good with the car. I had the two remaining coil packs changed and a set of sparks and at the moment its running good. So i suspect a dodgy coil pack fried the spark?? Also not helping is the fact my carbon intake coupler has a massive rip in it. Probably causing a bit of over...
  6. Misfire when up to temperature

Hi guys, The cupra has developed a horrible misfire when up to temperature. When its cold no problems but as soon as the engine has got up the temperature any boost will cause it to misfire. Scanning on brings up codes for random/multiple misfiire and misfire cylinder 1 and 3. I changed...
  7. Getting to the air filter..

Definitely Torx on the heatshield but from memory there are some philips on the black plastic. They wont fall out when you unscrew those, they are "melted" at the ends to stop them. The Torx come out though. Hate the engine cover airfilter design.
  8. '57 Cupra cutting throttle

My TC saved my ass today. Bit late for work, going slightly too quick into a corner in the damp. Hit the white line and it wiggled well out of shape. TC kicked in killed power quicker than i could take my foot off and sorted it. Also my car spins in 1st and 2nd since having it mapped and TC...
  9. Cupra r mk2 tailights tinted.

I like it, looks good. Might tint mine for a change.
  10. New driveshaft bolt

Give Listers SEAT a call. They are part sponsors here, got a good price for a few bits from them. When i changed my driveshaft (as a precaution a while ago) i had new bolts come with it.
  11. Cupra r mk2 tailights tinted.

Can you get a photo with the lights on :)
  12. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module!

Quick update for you guys. I got off the phone with SEAT Lister ( very helpful, called me back and were very knowledgeable) and spoke to a service engineer who was relaying some info from one of the technical engineers. Apparently the drivers door module controls the central locking for all...
  13. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module!

Just scanned it and couldnt find anything. I might purchase the OBDeleven plug and app. Yes, there is a noise which is all the more confusing. Sounds fine too, not the horrible groan i had previously when my old lock was on its last legs. Im based in south wales mate. Cheers!
  14. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module!

I do get a noise from it which is all the more strange. Yes i have a scanner but whether it will give me a full fault breakdown i'm unsure. I will scan it tomorrow. It isnt an OBDeleven, its only a generic scanner from ebay. I will check tomorrow and report back. thanks for the reply
  15. Door unlocking issues - NOT the module!

Hi guys, Can someone please help me before I burn my car. I have had the usual issue of my door not unlocking, come to the conclusion same as last time that is the door module. No problem, this time i purchased a brand new one from SEAT at a lovely cost of £156.00. Finally some free time to...
  16. Roof spoiler

I'm not sure to be honest. Give me a PM
  17. Roof spoiler

I have a the large RDX spoiler painted black for the pre-facelift if your interested? It could do with another paint but hasnt been on the car. I got it painted then changed my mind. Its brand new.
  18. Ferodo Pads - Need help on type

Hey Rusty, It would seem that the part is the FCP1765. Thanks for the help guys. I will let the seller know so i can get them swapped out. Luckily if these are wrong when i can always have the others. The ebay seller is really understanding (for once). I will keep this updated just for info...
  19. Ferodo Pads - Need help on type

Thanks. I actually found that on a vag pr code site. Still no closer to finding out which brakes I need. Leaning towards fcp4223. I might give seat a call tomrrow with my vin to check oem part nunber.
  20. Changing a leaking pipe to the front washer

It is a horrible job. You might need take your wing off. Luckily mine snapped by the bonnet hinge so I bought some tail connectors on eBay and some silicone hose.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members