Search results

1. phatchoonz1

MAF sensor replaced to cure hesitation, but now it's back :(

I've got a very similar problem with my LCR at the moment (also just over 100k miles), and no fault codes either. When it hesitates its really noticeable, it feels very similar to the traction control kicking in when a wheel spins up. I've not managed to get a decent log that shows any anomalies...
  2. phatchoonz1

Indicators Intermittent

My first guess would be the indicator flasher relay which is an integral part of the hazard switch - so a replacement hazard switch. Cured the very same symptoms for me on a golf last week.
  3. phatchoonz1

are amk engines fitted with egt ?

I've got a 52 plate LCR and can confirm mine's got an Exhaust Gas Temp sensor - I know this as it keeps throwing me a fault code intermittently, must get round to checking the wiring to it sometime!
  4. phatchoonz1

Lcr recaro retrim, where?

I'd recommend a company called Cass Brothers based in Bromley common / SE London. I work at an independant service / repair garage nearby and we've used them for years for any interior trim & upholstery work. We've had seats re-stitched etc. by them after side airbag deployment and you'd never...
  5. phatchoonz1

Bleeding Brakes :) - engine running or VAGCOM

Worth making sure he's bled the master cylinder directly aswell. There are two bleed nipples situated on the master cylinder which will need bleeding aswell, especially if the cylinder is new or has had air in it. I had this problem myself where the brakes still felt spongey after numerous...
  6. phatchoonz1

Mot failure wishbone/balljoint holes

Camber adjustment guide http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8831778/camber%20adjustment.pdf Wishbone fitment guide http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8831778/wishbone%20fitment.pdf You might want to highlight the paragraph under "fitment" on page 2 of the wishbone fitment guide where it mentions the...
  7. phatchoonz1

Mot failure wishbone/balljoint holes

I'll see if I can find a copy of the camber adjustment page for you from ELSA (the workshop manual). That'll prove the point about them being elongated...
  8. phatchoonz1

Crash Sensor Side Airbag - Faulty

Airbag light won't fail you an MOT test (not yet anyway). Had it been the ABS light, now that'd be a different story...
  9. phatchoonz1

Problem with LED plate bulbs

When the engine is running and the alternator is charging your battery up the voltage runs at more like 14v rather than 12v. When you replace a number plate bulb with an LED that's marked for 12v you're overpowering it. The LEDs won't stand this long term, especially in lights like numberplate...
  10. phatchoonz1

What have they done :( TIP + Cone filter fixed

Sounds silly, but check they've plugged the N75 valve back in. I know of another leon that not so long ago had exactly this problem after the TIP install and threw the same fault code at first...
  11. phatchoonz1

LCR Spark Plugs???

Agreed, 7 is definitely the cooler plug (in NGK anyway). Just wanted to get it clear that 6 is standard and 7 is the cooler option. Wouldn't recommend 8 though, they're a bit too much in the LCR and can cause problems with day to day driving.
  12. phatchoonz1

LCR Spark Plugs???

Sorry Sam, Knightrider is correct. The higher the number the cooler the grade of plug. See here for the NGK tech info on heat ranges: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/index.asp?mode=nml As I said above 6 is standard for the LCR (as in PFR6Q platinums) and 7 is the...
  13. phatchoonz1

MAF Cleaning

Thanks for the recommendations regarding what to clean it with. Took mine apart and cleaned it last night. I did a fault code and adaption reset on VAG-COM after, so I'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks as the ECU re-learns, but first initial impressions are good. It's cleared the...
  14. phatchoonz1

LCR Spark Plugs???

If its remapped and running harder than standard, I'd recommend BKR7EIX (2667) in NGKs - they're the iridium's. If it's still on a standard ECU map, I'd go for the standard NGK option of PFR6Q (6458) which are platinum plugs.
  15. phatchoonz1

catch can collection

T32ER beat me to it... And as for emptying yours - it may look like it, but it sure don't smell like curry does it!!! Nasty stuff!
  16. phatchoonz1

catch can collection

It looks like the most appetising pot noodle pot I've seen for a while! Lol! Seriously though, it's perfectly normal what you've caught there. I couldn't believe when I popped the lid open on mine the other day just how quickly it'd filled up what with the cold weather we've had. I'm trying to...
  17. phatchoonz1

FR TDi Camshaft Replacement Help Please!

I've done a camshaft and follower replacement on my parents mk4 golf (ARL) after one of the followers had worn right through (others weren't far behind) and ruined the camshaft in the process. I changed just the shaft and the followers, along with some fresh oil and a new filter immediately...
  18. phatchoonz1

LCR front spring measurements PLEASE!

coil outer diameter is 132mm they're LCR front springs as you asked for.
  19. phatchoonz1

LCR front spring measurements PLEASE!

6 coils 11.8mm wire 345mm long uncompressed
  20. phatchoonz1

rear door card removal

Get it apart while the door still (sometimes) opens. The whole job becomes a LOT harder when the lock stays closed and deadlocked - like mine did two weeks ago. You NEED the door open to remove the lock housing from the door because the two spline bolts that fix the lock on the side of the door...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.