Search results

1. propane94

Instrument lighting......

This is the case for the pre facelift ones at least, I used to drive with my light on all the time for that reason.
  2. propane94

P2454 code - HELP! Where is the sensor!??? (Ibiza 1.6 tdi CR)

I had the same fault on my car a few years ago. The sensor is located on the rear firewall on the side with the battery and airbox. If you look below the pipe coming out of the airbox (with the MAF) across to the engine bay you should see it most of the way down. I had to remove the airbox and...
  3. propane94

Leon 2008 prefacelift radio upgrade to facelift - questions.

1. It's just a bit old and dated, there are newer head units out there which would do the job better. But for what you want it's probably okay then. You will need to check, I can't remember and don't have the car anymore, but I think you need a separate Bluetooth module for the phone part. If...
  4. propane94

Leon 2008 prefacelift radio upgrade to facelift - questions.

I had the same radio in my old Ibiza, TBH it's not great and I would suggest you find a decent aftermarket one or a higher spec RNS/RCD unit from the Leon. The USB cable is not a simple extension, it is its own separate unit which is connected to that head unit. Not sure on the limitation on...
  5. propane94

1.6 TDI Help

It could be anything relating to it as well, mine came on for a failed sensor. If you scan it for errors the codes may tell you the cause of the issue. If you are still stuck post the codes and others may be able to help.
  6. propane94

"Device not functional" - iPhone connectivity issues

It was the same on my old Seat, back when bluetooth was just starting to be integrated into most cars streaming was not a priority I guess :LOL:. I suggest following @Rusty2k 's idea then for the official adapter. Might be worth phoning your local dealer? The RCD310 was also fitted to many VW...
  7. propane94

"Device not functional" - iPhone connectivity issues

The USB on these older units is usually for mass storage devices (USB sticks etc.) only. The older threads point to a solution where you coulds tell your iPhone to act like a usb stick. This was removed from IOS some time ago as it's alot of work and causes other issues with software. If you...
  8. propane94

Courtesy Window Opening

You would need a diagnostic computer with VCDS or similar. Some phone apps like Carista will also let you do this I beleive as well. You can do this through the infortaiment system but only on the 2nd facelift models I think (the ones with the touch screen sat nav etc.).
  9. propane94

Folding Wing Mirror Issues

I suspect then that the door came off a car without electric folding mirrors. Although you have swapped the mirror assembly and switch, I suspect the control module (usually attached to the door) was not swapped. If you have a friend/local mecanic with VCDS or similar, get them to check the...
  10. propane94

Folding Wing Mirror Issues

What about your door was replaced? If the door was off a car without electric folding mirrors, was the mirror changed over, or just the painted panel to match? If you can manually fold the mirror (by pushing it?) it sounds like the mirror wasn't changed but the button was? Could also be the...
  11. propane94

Help required with aux connection

I think the module is 7P6035730C. There are a few old guides on here if you search but most of the links to the parts don't seem to work. You will need the harness and a mic as well, then it will need coding. I think a headunit upgrade would be better. Either an aftermarket one or a RNS315...
  12. propane94

Help required with aux connection

I had the same unit in my old Ibiza with the added bluetooth module. You cannot connect your phone via usb. It will only work with a usb stick or a special iPhone adapter if you want to play music. To make calls you need the bluetooth module, do you have the anwser/hang up button on the wheel...
  13. propane94

NUMBER PLATE LIGHT NOT WORKING

Sounds like the control module got in a twist and shut them off. Glad you got it sorted though!
  14. propane94

MK2 electric issue

Sounds like either a bad connection or a faulty module. Can you get a full scan done, it may help?
  15. propane94

All interior lights not working

Have you tried manually toggling all the lights using the interior switch? Maybe get a full scan done, it's possible when installing the LED's they triggered something and the module shut them off for some reason.
  16. propane94

Any known issues to look for on the 1.4 and 1.6TDI

The 1.6 is a good engine, had one in my ST for a few years. The belt on the 1.6 tdi is every 5 years or 130k miles if i remember correctly. With the TDI engines you do need to do the mileage, or at least 1 long run a week to maintain the DPF, especially after the emmisions recall. When...
  17. propane94

Tuning box issues from TDI tuning

I suggest try the lowest settings. If you have access to data logging like VCDS it may shed some light. Otherwise you may have to ask them directly.
  18. propane94

Tuning box issues from TDI tuning

A few things to check I guess. Do the revs jump up when the juddering occurs, or go sporadic? Have you checked the tuning box and software are correct for your car? You have not mentioned the year of your car and there are many revisions of the 1.2 tsi engine. What settings do you have for...
  19. propane94

Glow plug issue and not stored in the ecu

I had a cheap bluetooth one and used Torque, now I have OBDeleven . A cheap one should be fine so long as it meets the ELM 1.5 version I think, but I prefer OBDeleven over it. As you have vagcom I wouldn't get one, just use that, miles better than an app. Silly question, how old is the battery...
  20. propane94

All lights on dash

What are your 3 possibilities? All except the brake pedal sounds like an electrical issue to me. Firstly check the fuses, and their connectors/wires in the engine bay. These are usually on/near the battery and have a habit of corroding. Next follow the wiring hareness' round the bay, checking...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.