Search results

1. Any way to improve MPG on MK2 FR TFSI?

I have managed 40mpg, but this was in the summer doing 60 mph all the way and was sooooo boring. Driving round town on these colder days, I'm only getting 20 to 22 mpg. And now just found misfire on cylinder 4. Just what I want before Christmas.
  2. Insurance renewal, who are people using stage 1 map?

Elephant. £284 fully comp including the wife, 20+ years NCB with Stage 1 declared.
  3. Rear Facing Camera

Loonitic. Thanks for the info. Got the front facing one wired in the same way. Hoping to get the back one in without having to run cables the length of the car. I will have to do a bit digging in the boot.
  4. Rear Facing Camera

Just bought myself one of these: Going to use it as a rear facing 'Dashcam' in the rear window. Can anyone suggest the best way to wire it in? It doesn't come with a USB cable, so looking to hard wire it in so it turns on and off with the ignition. I have a forward facing one...
  5. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I had a lovely taxi do thid to mine last Tuesday morning on the way into work. Booked in tomorrow morning to get sorted. Not happy.
  6. Grinding on Overrun only at slow speed

Just had the same issue. Had to replace the outer CV Joint. All sorted £95 fitted.
  7. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Well chuffed with it. All done within 24 hours. They even had the windows open to cool the car down for my wife to pick it up. Great service, but hoping i don't have to use them again. :D
  8. What did you and your MK2 do today?

All fixed.
  9. What did you and your MK2 do today?

No, was the front end. God knows what he was doing. If it can be popped it's £285 otherwise a new bumper :(
  10. What did you and your MK2 do today?

This just happened this morning. No injuries luckily, but not happy in the slightest. Going in tomorrow to see if it can be popped out.
  11. got some white stuff under my oil cap..?

I car share so only drive the car every other week. When i am not using it the wife is just doing short trips and i get this emulsion. When i use it for work again it disappears. Never had any issues with the engine or leaks. Give it a long run to get it warmed up properly and then check the...
  12. Auto Lights & Wipers

I have the same setup in my car and find the auto lights are always on no matter how bright the sun. I remember reading somewhere on the forum the sensitivity can be changed via Vagcom. I don't have that so cant do it myself. I just leave them on auto during the winter and switch them off in the...
  13. Brake Tidy Up - Wheel Photos Added

I would be interested in seeing these. My wheels are desperate for a refurb and they are next door to the garage that does my servicing.
  14. What did you and your MK2 do today?

As a rule i don't let it get that low. Just been one of those weeks.
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Bit of petrol station roulette.
  16. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Embleton to Cramlington on this In the words of James May 'C**K'
  17. Silicone wiper blades

Did you manage to get this sorted out? Was looking to buy a set until coming across your post.
  18. Headlight dipped beam replacement bulbs

Got the Osram Night Breakers in mine, but have noticed these. http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Twenty20-Daylight-Headlight-Bulb-pair.html Getting some good reports. Also these if you want whiter (allegedly) http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Twenty20-Hybrid-Headlight-Bulb.html
  19. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Fitted new Evap Cannister and Tube. Will hopefully solve the emission light issue.
  20. Remap in Northeast

Yes. Got it done at the end of August. I found them very helpful and more than willing to give advise. Took me for a quick spin after it was done and went through all the set-up for the different programmes etc. I only wish i had it done ages ago. Feels like a totally different car...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.