Search results

1. Any here used to own MH16 TYG? Modded Leon FR 1.8 ST?

Hi all Possibly going to buy this car which has quite a few mods: dechromed de wipered coilovers an apparently loud exhaust bonnet sits up from near windscreen quite distinctive 5 slots in the front bumper between number plate and grille Thought it may have belonged to a member? Its a fair...
  2. Leon Cupra K1 wont start - with fault codes - ignition switch?

Hi all My 2008 Leon Cupra K1 wont start! Always been fine on the button, then the other day it didn’t do anything when I turned the key. Tried again a couple of times, holding it on the turn it then almost slowly turned over and started. Drove it fine then when I turned it off, it wouldn’t...
  3. K1 - Ok for journey with these fault codes and EML?

Hi all On my K1 last night EML came on, checked this morning and had: Address 7E7: 1 Fault Found P2540 - Low pressure fuel sensor (G410): Implausible signal checked again tonight and its changed to: Address 7E8: 46 Faults Found: P2040 - SAE - Reductant injection sensor circuit...
  4. Harsh noise from drivers door when going over bumps?

Hi all I have a really weird, loud, harsh noise from drivers door when going over certain bumps. It almost sounds like the door isn't shut, but it is. Its up high, not the speaker or arm rest. Although, when the door is open and I shake it something sounds a tiny bit lose, possibly...
  5. K1/Cupra center caps and size?

Hi all Just had my alloys powder coated in brilliant silver. I know most (and mine were) black but I doesn't do it for me somehow! However my centre caps need changing now. Has anyone ever found any with K1 on? I am after black and 'S' Seat badge if not but keep finding loads of 60mm...
  6. Candy white K1 wheel colour - anyone with black chrome?

Hi all I am having my alloys refurbished next week which are currently matt black with a possible metal effect. Not really being a fan of black alloys I chose their brightest high gloss silver. I am now thinking if black chrome may be better? I like black alloys with a chrome edging...
  7. Wrong rear wiper blade?

Hi all I got a Bosh Aerotwin A281H (same as I fitted to my 2011 FR) as rear blade making noise on my 2008 K1...but when I went to fit it the blade is different?! The one on the car has a bar that clips into a gap in the arm. But the Bosh one has a gap that a bar which should be on the...
  8. To soften the ride on K1 Cupra?

Hi all I've only had my car, 2008 K1, about two months but tonight in town found the ride very hard and crashy! I know the roads are generally crap, but I find myself driving like a drunk to avoid pot holes! I very soon need four new tyres anyway and thought if 225/45/18's would work...
  9. Best headlight bulb 2018?!

Hi all I know there are loads of threads about bulbs and I've read some, but I've just had a headlight bulb blow tonight so need to change it, or more like upgrade the pair! I've had Xenons before, HIDs in my last MK1 and previous to that Osram Nightbreakers. All good in their own way I...
  10. Just got a Cupra, K1 maybe, couple of questions

Hi all Just got myself an 08 plate Candy White Cupra, which has the K1 kit etc... I am honestly not sure if a genuine K1 or not. I've read the threads and all seems quite ambiguous but I really like the car so aren't actually that bothered. It doesn't have the Cupra word/badge, just K1...
  11. Living with a Cupra(Non R)

Hi all Changed jobs and now my commute is 3 miles each way I want something fast and petrol again! Sold my MK1 FR 150 TDi recently which was mapped and am hoping the Cupra's are lively low in the revs as its something I like. Believe it or not, about two years ago I had a MK1 PD150...
  12. MK1 TDi 150 - which is cylinder number 4?

Hi all As title please, I need to check something, I think, its the one nearest the battery but cant be sure? Cheers CB
  13. MK1 FR TDi...future classic?

Hi all I am currently driving a 55 plate Leon FR TDi 150 with only 69k miles and am getting bored of it, probably as I have owned three so feels like I’ve been driving the same car forever! Thing is, it’s fun and easy to drive, crazy clean condition, no dents, no scratches, probably due to...
  14. Tiny oil leak from intercooler pipe joint?

Hi all I have a tiny oil leak from the intercooler pipe joint in the car on my Leon FR TDi 150 which I believe is common. It seems to have small torx? bits in it but had been reading about clips and an O ring which is the cause. Little help please? Cheers CB [/URL][/IMG]
  15. Mk1 Leon standard head unit + sub/amp already there, help please

Hi all I have just removed and the sold the Alpine head unit which came with my MK1 Leon and am fitting the original, Auroa? head unit back in as like it. Thing is, the alpine amp and sub is all still there and wired in so if I can connect to standard head unit it would be brilliant! Am...
  16. Checking gear oil level?

Hi all I want to check the gear oil level on my FR 150 TDi with an O2M gearbox. It appears the filler is on the side, so guess just undo the check if anything runs out? Looks like a torx bit needed? Cheers for any advice CB
  17. Dual fritction clutch or dog bone mount?

Hi all Had my FR 150 about 4/5 months now and its always had a judder in 1st if you don't get the revs spot on as per the DF clutch. I have read this is quite normal. But, there is also a rattle which sounds like bulkhead or lower area. No noise/judder or anything at any other time, just...
  18. Front suspension arm wishbone advice please?

Hi all MOT soon and noticed the front wishbone large bush has cracked so got a whole arm with ball joint £28.00 from Euro parts. Watched a few videos on you tube and dare I say looks not a bad job? Someone else mentioned aligning the suspension after? I been messing about with cars for...
  19. Noise like driving on glass or tiles from front wheel?

Hi all MK1 FR 150, have noticed when turning into drive a few times it sounded like I had driven over a bit of glass or roof tile or something. I know its random but came from n/s/f, anything spring to mind? MOT so hopefully come to light. Oh and it does feel like pulling to the left a...
  20. Fuel gauge -miles left reading going crazy!

Hi all So twice in the last few days I've started the car up, fuel gauge has gone over half and miles to empty gone 80/120/170 in a few seconds whilst watching then back to under 1/4 with 55 left which is correct! Also happened in traffic with low fuel light beeping a few times The temp...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.