Search results

1. Car starts and shuts down immediately

I agree great place to sit an ECU... I've been trying to sort mine for a year... done everything. DOORS, The 140mps push thing, dash out cleaned pins, punching the dash.... A LOT. I was ready to jack it in, then yesterday i went at the ecu. one of the water runners was loose running water onto...
  2. Adjusting brightness of climate control through VAS? Tapping into CANBUS?

UPDATE:driving home tonight (in the dark) i noticed the climate units buttons flash. I forgot they actuall lit up. They kept flashing on and off with speed bumps etc.. come to conclussion theres a cable loose and i must have knocked it out when i moved the stereo last week. Stange how it goes...
  3. Adjusting brightness of climate control through VAS? Tapping into CANBUS?

Been searching the net and nothing popping up at all. My dash lights are brighter but dont seem to change with their switch either. Is it possible a loose cable or would that just stop it completely?
  4. Adjusting brightness of climate control through VAS? Tapping into CANBUS?

Just noticed mine doing this also. Ive just been using a scanner on it to sort a coil issue but didnt touch anything i shouldnt. Did u get it sorted?
  5. Coil Pack Replacement (DIY) **Picture Heavy**

UPDATE:went and got another coil pack today. Tried a technique from another post. Disconnect plug one see if it idles. I did this with plug 1-3 as i know 4 is alright cos i changed it yesterday. All three made car rough so must have been working. I took the car up the road to show my mate the...
  6. Coil Pack Replacement (DIY) **Picture Heavy**

Sorry for the double post it was early in the morning.. car still seems to be struggling getting past 50/60mph any ideas? was thinking it could be another pack down thats not showing up and contemplating getting another one and trying one at a time see it anything improves. at least ill have a...
  7. Coil Pack Replacement (DIY) **Picture Heavy**

My leon 1.8 2001 wasnt driving well at all felt like i was going through gears too quick. Took it for a blast and boom engine light on. Coil4 misfire. Straight away to the forum and this post. New coil £21 fitted for free by myself. Reset ecu and it going again. Hopefully thatll sort out the...
  8. Coil Pack Replacement (DIY) **Picture Heavy**

Just realised ive been logged back into wrong thread. Sorry.
  9. Coil Pack Replacement (DIY) **Picture Heavy**

My leon 1.8 2001 wasnt driving well at all felt like i was going through gears too quick. Took it for a blast and boom engine light on. Coil4 misfire. Straight away to the forum and this post. New coil £21 fitted for free by myself. Reset ecu and it going again. Hopefully thatll sort out the...
  10. MY01 Leon Cupra now with CCFL angel eyes 2 1/2" dp-200cell cat and one box

Yeah can see where it should be. Get the feeling previous owner wasnt good at putting things back. Not the first thing i found missing. Thanks for the reply.
  11. MY01 Leon Cupra now with CCFL angel eyes 2 1/2" dp-200cell cat and one box

Changed my climate control today thanks for your post. For some reason there wasn't a sensor attached to the wire loom and replacement unit didnt come with one. Any idea of the part number. Thanks again for the dash removal pics
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.