Search results

1. brad_barker12

Oil Level Light Randomly Came On LCR225

How? The warning light means low oil level or faulty oil level sensor. Yellow oil light is low oil or faulty sensor Red oil light is low oil pressure
  2. brad_barker12

Oil Level Light Randomly Came On LCR225

Just to let you know, the bonnet catch has a microswitch that tells the car the bonnet has been opened and is closed. It's been known for these to fail. When you get low oil level and you get the warning light come up on the dash you would top it up and the light should turn off however if the...
  3. brad_barker12

Taking car off road.

Lovely. It's a badger 5 map I have on the car at the moment, I was more worried it may render the ECU useless. I did think it was rubbish but wanted to be certain. plan on taking it off the road most likely till late summer next year. The car will be garaged and as for the moisture I'll be...
  4. brad_barker12

Taking car off road.

Anyone?
  5. brad_barker12

SMF awesomegti

Was it the sachs race clutch?
  6. brad_barker12

Taking car off road.

Hi all, My fairly new valeo smf and clutch kit has started slipping already so taking the car off the road to save up. I've been planning on doing a full rebuild on a spare BAM engine I have sitting around with forged rods, relentless v4 mani and bbt k04 hybrid with watermeth etc etc and now...
  7. brad_barker12

SMF awesomegti

At least yours is the stock clutch. I changed my stock clutch earlier this year for the valeo kit because the stock one started to let go. Now the new clutch is slipping. Oh well onwards and upwards I spose
  8. brad_barker12

SMF awesomegti

Right I knew I was gonna regret saying what I said in my earlier post. Looks like the clutch is giving up already. Slipping on full chat in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th! Not happy
  9. brad_barker12

where can I buy the boring parts?

Do not use the dealer stuff for door seals. If you have a leak then the chances are it's the seal on the inner door card which the window regulator attaches too. It's shite and will fail again eventually. Better off using butyl tape off ebay. Good stuff and won't leak again, and a lot of car...
  10. brad_barker12

Rain!

Don't use bathroom or silicone sealant. Doesn't last long if at all! Use butyl tape from ebay. Costs a tenner off ebay which will do all 4 doors and last
  11. brad_barker12

Cupra R 225 wont start

Well sounds like the non starting issue was the battery then. If by air dam you mean the plastic front splitter on the bottom of the bumper your better off buying one brand new from seat. About 45 quid. If the valves were replaced when the belts and waterpump was done then it sounds like the...
  12. brad_barker12

Cupra R 225 wont start

so i take it the RAC use a booster pack on the battery to get it started? if so that points to a faulty battery. 2 months of no use is quiet a long time and the battery may have deteriorated in that time. if you run a battery completely flat especially an old battery its possible it cant hold a...
  13. brad_barker12

SMF awesomegti

I'm running the valeo kit on my stage 2 LCR. Running 312 ibft torque and the clutch has been fine for 9 months. You do get a slight rattle due to the flywheel being slightly lighter but this is only on idle or when labouring the engine in low rpm. Not very noticable at all. If you look on the...
  14. brad_barker12

So my LCR drove past a mobile speed camera van..

give it a couple of days more mate. they have 14 days to post the NIP letter to you (Notice of intended prosecution) not 14 days for you to receive it. also have you changed address lately? reason I ask is if the DVLA haven't received the updated details of your new address then the 14 days...
  15. brad_barker12

Turbo Health

The secondary water pump is designed so it kicks in once the engine is switched off to allow the turbo to cool down. I suppose VAG group thought a lot of people don't bother letting there cars cool down before switching off so installed this to help prolong the life of the turbo. My secondary...
  16. brad_barker12

Winter cupra r problems. Advice please :)

To be honest you might aswell change both the temp sensor and thermostat. Neither are expensive and it will ensure you have no trouble of these parts for a while to come!
  17. brad_barker12

Winter cupra r problems. Advice please :)

the thermostat doesn't have any electrical connections no. but when the car doesn't reach operating temperature when it should the coolant temp sensor obviously picks up on this and the ECU throws a fault code
  18. brad_barker12

Another problem again!!

4 wheel alignment. If it was tracking why did it change when I had the tyres put on? They were Pirelli p zero neros
  19. brad_barker12

Another problem again!!

Tracking was done twice and tyre pressures I always check weekly when I fill up with petrol. Only thing it could of been is the tyres. As soon as the new ones went on it stopped kicking in for no reason.
  20. brad_barker12

Another problem again!!

thought I would post back for people who have similar problems. Took my car to have two new front tyres fitted 3 weeks ago. As soon as the tyres were fitted the issue went away! The traction control only kicks in when it should which is a relief but slightly annoying as there wasn't anything...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise