Search results

1. Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Your attention to detail is phenomenal; I'd ask you to build me an engine but it would probably cost me over £200,000 in labour time ;)
  2. Do I need the VVT?

It a different tensioner depending on whether you have vvt or not. All the vvt does is warm the cat up quicker and assist in cold start ups, it's not really tuneable on a turbo car as it is on an n/a. You can leave it off, you don't need it if that's what you are asking. I kept mine when I...
  3. Do I need the VVT?

Can you not just swap the VVT over from the engine you took out?
  4. Forge Big brake Kit- Anyone tried them?

Pedal travel sucks with this kit along with a severe front balanced brake bias, the fact that it is marketed for the mk5 with a 22.2mm bmc is quite frankly appalling on forges behalf, they are bad enough with the 23.8mm the cupra r has. Stock calipers have an area of around 2200/2300 mm^2...
  5. Discs overheating!!!

So it's not been torqued up to the factory setting rather just tightened until it wouldn't go any further? Have you tightened any of the screws and bolts to the correct torque setting and angle or just tightened them? There is a specific process to tightening most hub nuts, it's not just a...
  6. Uprating clutch advice

It does not matter if you drive it hard or soft, it just takes time for the friction plate to bed in. And whoever bought it off ebay... I assure you it will be fake, sachs don't make a stage 2 Kevlar clutch kit. It's either sachs sre or it's not.
  7. Appalled to say the least - Leicester Seat Marshall

I had problems with this dealership with my wifes mk2 leon cr170. The turbo went under warranty making the usual whistle sound so we took it in and they took the pipe off and the technician moved the compressor and turbine wheels with his fingers and said, it's within spec so it's fine. I argued...
  8. Uprating clutch advice

You would have been fine with a Sachs sre SMF on a cupra r. Sachs have spent millions of pounds ensuring that their flywheels are perfectly balanced for their intended application. You usually find people have problems with SMF when they use a cheaper brand or use a flywheel that has been...
  9. 19" alloys Yay or Nay Pics of Ideas welcome thanks

I assure you that the ball joints were not made to take the loads of 19" wheels. I'm a steering systems engineer for zf, I've spent years designing and developing tie rods, ball joints, steering gears. I know the technical specification of the zf lemforder oe equipment in the Leon's and they are...
  10. 19" alloys Yay or Nay Pics of Ideas welcome thanks

There is more to consider than just an upgrade to the alloy as well, you alter the track rods yield strength/buckling load. The cars steering system was developed for 18" alloys, don't use any bigger, the IBJ/TR/OBJ/steering mounts were not developed to take the loads of a 19" wheel.
  11. Track rod ends - LCR

It's £19.16 for the full assembly. track rod + outer ball joint and locking nut. that includes vat + delivery. Bellow is an extra £1.64 I didn't check for just the rod itself as it's not advisable to change them as seperate units.
  12. Engineering firm needed

You could try asking bill at badger5 if he can modify them for you.
  13. Track rod ends - LCR

I get them at cost price from the factory, same as clutches, springs, shocks etc etc. I got my 6 paddle SMF clutch kit for £430 :p
  14. My Silver K1 & Track 172 Cup

Here you go: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/Brakes%20Spec.pdf I have pagid rs29 on mine, I believe the part numbers are the same as the ones for the 6 pot aps.
  15. Track rod ends - LCR

I work for zf (who own lemforder) let me check the cost on these on Tuesday for you and you can order through me as I need a set for mine as we so I can just duplicate the order. I would suggest changing the full assembly and not just the tie rod.
  16. J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

H&Rs set maintains a slight understeer, but yes you are correct. You really believe that all manufacturers test their products? they wouldn't make any money if they had to test things like ARBs. It is just geometry guess work. It would cost £1000s to hire track drivers to test these...
  17. J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

They are sold as a set; the only company that ever tested their ARBs for the perfect balance is H&R though. Just because it's a set doesn't mean it works :P As you said though, your rear is adjustable so i'm sure you'll be fine.
  18. Discs overheating!!!

He should be using a hot plate to install bearings not a blow torch, the bearing will heat unevenly. Bearings should only rotate roughly for a few turns initially by hand, this is down to the grease that is used in the bearing containing a crystalline formula to stop the bearings hitting the...
  19. J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

I misread, apologies. 23mm and 28mm is theoretically the best approach for tarmac at manufacturers tyre psi and poly bushes all round.
  20. J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

If you wanted the arbs to compliment each other why did you buy the same size?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise