Search results

1. SteveMk4

SteveMK4's Ibiza MK4 1.2

There painted on dude, pretty easy to do on the front, back was a bit harder, removed the whole lock to do it but still not too difficult :) Dude, why comment pointless **** like this on a thread. First of all let me say this is my second ibiza and a daily driver. Most parts(Alloys, cupra...
  2. SteveMk4

Lowering 45mm??

If your lowering any more than 30mm I would go for the coilovers. Otherwise you would want sport shocks to go with your springs as they will wear quicker. Cant go wrong with cheap coilys. I got Prosports with an 40-80mm optional drop front and back for 250€ which is about £210-220. And fitting...
  3. SteveMk4

Stickerbombing suggestions

Wow you really like the sticker bombing so :) I got all mine from an Irish company called car wrap direct. They are pretty reasonably priced and the wrap is top notch. All their wrap uses air drain technology which means its very easy to apply bubble free. And is is also more resistant to heat...
  4. SteveMk4

Recolouring FR TDI alloys

Could always spray them and buy cheap 60mm stick on centres off fleabay? Or just mask the center when you spray?
  5. SteveMk4

SteveMK4's Ibiza MK4 1.2

Had to use Ebay for the bung so have it ordered and hopefully have the rear dewipered early next week. Footwell lights fitted there today. No pics yet until it gets a bit darker as there hidden from view. Next job is to look about fitting front fogs and possibly pre lift fr grills
  6. SteveMk4

GUIDE - How to install footwell lights!

Well worth the investment. Even a basic one could be got for about ten or fifteen quid. Makes everything so much tidier :)
  7. SteveMk4

Thanks for the help guys. Got them fitted there now. Overall just took a little more than half an hour from start to finish. Absolutely love the look but in future may change them to red leds if I can get a close match to the original lights. May even wire off my footwell lights and install...
  8. SteveMk4

SteveMK4's Ibiza MK4 1.2

Cheers. The fun begins tomorrow when I try do the rear one which doesnt come free from the plastic. Hopefully get a rubber bung to fit to dewiper mine too...Tried halfords over here and they dont stock them so will try my local parts garage :)
  9. SteveMk4

im a general diy guy so have a lot of tools and studied electrical engineering for 2 years. have all manner of insulated pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters pliers and the like. i dont plan on using connector blocks. think id get a better connection stripping the wires,solder them and then heat...
  10. SteveMk4

SteveMK4's Ibiza MK4 1.2

Nah mate, was dying to go but im still not meant to be driving on long trips and figured that id be on the mend quicker if i didnt. Hopefully the car will be in good enough condition to make a trip or 2 to shows later in the summer :)
  11. SteveMk4

.Si.'s ibiza 130 tdi sport

I like your sales pitch haha :P Ill pm you. Missus bending my ear about needing a holiday... Them cupra seats look the job. Id be happy if my MK4 looked half as good as yours :)
  12. SteveMk4

Hey Phil, going to do this now tomorrow. One question, how does the door pillar trim come off? Any screws or is it just clips? Dont fancy breaking them lol :)
  13. SteveMk4

Failed NCT/MOT

Ah it failed first time around but only small things: CV boot Nearside was worn/perished, Front window was obstructed(tinted banner), Front side windows had to be swapped out as were tinted. (spare front windows off my cordoba) Rear springs were loose(coilovers lowered 90mm) but swapped them...
  14. SteveMk4

Full Respray

Bit late I know but worth giving this thread a look at: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=228767
  15. SteveMk4

Failed NCT/MOT

The bushes wouldnt cause the car to veer to one side would they? Its usually just a squeak or clunk with the bushes gone. If its veering to one side that could be allignment but if that came up ok on the test then its ok. Haha yeah, mines just hit the ten year mark so this was its first yearly...
  16. SteveMk4

Stickerbombing suggestions

Heres how it looks now at the minute. Done my laptop casing instead of the strut brace after. Pic of engine bay: Anyb ody else done any stickerbombing and what have you done?
  17. SteveMk4

Front fogs...Big Job???

Cheers mate, Ill pop out and take pics tomorrow as its lashing rain today and trying to clear out the shed as it is. Thanks :)
  18. SteveMk4

Failed NCT/MOT

Yeah its always best to do both at the same time and they make a suprising difference in the handling :) Awh that sucks. NCT is a pain. Only put mine through 2 weeks ago
  19. SteveMk4

.Si.'s ibiza 130 tdi sport

Looking lush as always Si. One thing about the seats. Do they have the reclining handle on them for 3 doors? Just as mines a 5 door and not keen on the little handles. Absolutely love the headlining, has me thinking of doing something similar :)
  20. SteveMk4

Failed NCT/MOT

Yeah seat dealer is the only spot to get them apart from ebay which is more expensive. Should only be looking at about 25 quid for the pair. Best price may be from sere motors. Heres the part number as I only ordered mine recently: 6LL 407 183 Was it just a general service or a pre nct...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.