Search results

1. Egr removal/delete

Sorry for the delay in replying..... TBH i haven't noticed that much difference but it's a peace of mind thing knowing that there'll be no recirculated mix taking the place of the cool clean stuff in the chambers!
  2. Seat Altea 2.0tdi 2007 BKD - Which fuel filter?

When i change my fuel filters i clean out the housing with some kitchen roll and have some clean diesel ready to fill it prior to replacing the filter. Good to go, no need to prime.
  3. Altea Xl

Re the remap, i had my Altea (same engine) remapped to 180 bhp/400 nm torque. It pulls like a train from 1500 rpm.
  4. Dpf

Are you sure it's got a DPF? i was going to get mine removed/deleted on my 07 2.0 tdi Altea but on inspection it didn't have one!
  5. Cambelt?

Not sure of the cambelt interval of your model but if it's going to be a keeper i'd change it for peace of mind.
  6. Dpf/egr

Cheers bud i'll have a look, as i say i don't want to make any wrong decisions.
  7. Egr removal/delete

Good Afternoon all, I'm going to get rid of the egr on my 2007 Altea 2.0tdi. The question i'd like answered is this....is just deleting the software in the ecu as efficient as physically removing the egr valve assembly + delete then fitting a blanking kit? Apologies if this is a silly...
  8. Dpf/egr

Well, just rang up a vag dealer for another quote and after i gave him my reg, he informed me that my car DOESN'T have a dpf only a cat! Happy days i think. So does that mean i only get the egr deleted or will the cat require similar treatment that the dpf was going to get? P.S. Will there be...
  9. Dpf/egr

Will do minimarvel, i've had work done by them on previous occasions and always been satisfied. I reckon i'll go with them all things considered, good reputation, local to me in the Lincoln area and they provide a courtesy car. I think i might struggle to get a better deal elsewhere. They can't...
  10. Dpf/egr

Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this post is in the wrong section. I've just enquired today for a price on a cambelt/water pump replacement on my 2.0 tdi Altea, a DPF remove/delete and an EGR remove/delete with a rolling road dyno run before and after a remap. The quote was £650 out the door. Now...
  11. 1st Gear clutch judder and high tickover (intermittent)

"For the past few times I've drove the car we are getting clutch judder all the time pulling off in 1st but not in any other gears," My Altea did the same, on investigation the cause was a worn gearbox mount.
  12. Edt engine cleansing

Coming up to 70,000 miles.
  13. Edt engine cleansing

Has anyone had the EDT engine cleansing done? My local garage suggested this (well they would). I've read all the bumf and looked on the web and it would seem it does a decent job of refurbing the engine internals. They quoted me £250 for the job all in. Thinking of treating my 07 Altea tdi to...
  14. Warm starting problem

OK mate, thanks for the reply, i can live with that but i just wondered, you know.
  15. Warm starting problem

Yes, i mean i have to hold the key for maybe 3 seconds before the engine fires up. What puzzles me is the engine bursts into life at the merest touch of the key when it's cold.
  16. Warm starting problem

Does anyone else's 2.0tdi Altea take 2 or 3 revolutions on the starter motor before it fires up when warm? Mine fires up as soon as i touch the key when cold but needs a couple of turnovers when warm. Not a biggy, just wondered if it's a tdi trait. :confused: Just noticed a similar post on...
  17. Rear facing cam

Hi all, Has anyone tried to mount a dashcam on the rear window? I treated myself to a new Nextbase cam so i thought i would put the old one facing rearward but the suction pad keeps falling off the window. Now obviously it's the heated window that's causing the problem. Just wondered if a...
  18. Strange one

That's why it's called the "loud pedal"...........i'll get me coat.
  19. Hesitating Altea

Anyone?
  20. Hesitating Altea

Just another thought, will i need another remap to marry the induction kit to the engine? I read somewhere that the ECU would sort out any fuelling issues, this doesn't seem to be the case though. Any ideas on this? I appreciate your thoughts and findings.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.