Search results

1. Dodsy

Coming back to a Leon....

I'm after a bit of advice, I had a pre facelift MK2 Leon FR with the pd170 Diesel engine, I think I had every common fault possible happen to me during the ownership but nevertheless I've missed the car ever since I got rid of it, I stupidly moved to BMW but now I'm looking to get another Leon...
  2. Dodsy

Key fob acting weird

Basically my key fob was working fine, on Sunday I went out, it opened the car then within 15 minutes I stopped, locked the car, now it won't unlock, It's still locking fine though. Would this be the battery or the fob itself? Surely if it's the battery then the fob wouldn't work at all...
  3. Dodsy

Mk2 FR tdi wont start

As above really, went out this morning to start the car, its fired up then cut out, now its just turning over, if i keep it turning over the oil light comes on and beeps at me so i just pulled the key out and left it, was running fine when i parked it up last night. any ideas????? Thanks:3rd:
  4. Dodsy

ECS Subframe spacer kit

Has anyone fitted this kit to their MK2 Leon? just wondering where the shims go that come with the subframe bolts? It may be straight forward but i dont want to get it wrong and have to do it all again. Also can this be done while the car is on the ground? Thanks
  5. Dodsy

Front Wheel catching noise

All, I have a catching noise only when the car is on full left lock coming from the front off side wheel, particularly when im pulling into parking spaces with my window open is when i hear it. it sounds as if its metal trailing on the tyre but theres nothing loose, ive also had the wheel off...
  6. Dodsy

Abs, ESP, tyre pressure warning lights

So I was driving the car on Saturday night, accelerating to 70mph and the 3 lights came on, instantly I thought £££, so I turned the car off and back on, the lights went off and didn't come back on again until yesterday, again I turned off and back on and they went away. I've heard horror...
  7. Dodsy

Front anti roll bar.

Can someone please shed some light on this situation, had my car in the garage today for a gearbox seal and asked him to change the arb bushes aswell as I've had a knock for a while which I'm trying to diagnose, changed droplinks, top mounts and springs and the noise is still there so arb bushes...
  8. Dodsy

Easy change? Help?

Anyone know how easy it is to change the black cap/seal in the photo? Is there oil behind it? Or is the reason for the leak jut because oil is being forced out when the car is upto running temp as it's not leaking when the engine is off? Does it require a special tool? Or is it best just...
  9. Dodsy

Bit of an oil leak?!

Noticed this when I was giving my car a once over yesterday, never had any sort of oil leaks before but noticed this part of the gearbox is covered in oil. The oil is clean so I don't think it's engine oil, thinking its leaking out the gearbox, hoping someone can shed some light on the problem...
  10. Dodsy

Durham remaps

Anyone had any work done by these? They seem to be doing good stuff but I'm after someone's opinion with experience. Thinking of taking my pd170 there as it's on my doorstep rather than travelling to another tuner. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Dodsy

PD170 straight through exhaust?

Has anyone taken the standard exhaust off there car and replaced it with a straight through custom stainless exhaust? I'm thinking of doing it but I've read things saying it places too much pressure on the turbo? Is this true or just rubbish? Car has no dpf either by the way. Thanks Sent...
  12. Dodsy

Quick answer needed....

Does anyone know if a non resonated milltek cat-back exhaust system for a mk5 golf gti is the same as the system on a leon fr tdi?? I'm guessing the backbox hangers are the same but I would like a definite answer. Thanks Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Dodsy

Removing intercooler?

Well after having my inlet manifold replaced due to the loud hissing noise on boost I've been told that it would be a good idea to check to see if my intercooler has any oil in it. My question is it a hard job to remove the intercooler? And is it actually possible that it could be full of oil...
  14. Dodsy

Blown boost pipe

Any common pipes blow on the pd170? Driving home from work tonight, went to give it some and heard a pop now everytime the turbo spools under load i can hear a hissing noise, still boosts fine with plenty power, doesn't make the noise as much standing still. Had a boost pipe go on my focus a...
  15. Dodsy

What is this? Should I be worried?

Right I literally have no idea what this part is but I've noticed lately it's covered in what seems to be oil, don't know if this part would be the cause or if the oil has came from somewhere else. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Dodsy

Mk2 TDI vs Cupra exhaust??!

I have a Leon fr tdi and the backbox is ruined, if I was to buy a cupra backbox would it be a straight swap?? I know the mountings would be the same but I'm wondering if the diameter of the cupra exhaust would be larger or the same?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Dodsy

Vcds in the north east??

As the title says really, anyone have access or know someone who does have vcds so I can get my cam timing values checked? Don't really want to go to a dealer for them to have my eyes out and tell me nothing is wrong... Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Dodsy

Offside rear arch bubbling....

Just washed all my car and noticed the rear arch is starting to bubble. Is this common on pre fl mk2? You can just see it slightly in the photo. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Dodsy

Anyone help me??

My car has always gave out a puff off blue smoke on startup snide I got it but it never used any more oil than normal so it never worried me. I had the timing belt done 3k ago and since then it's had a lumpy idle sometimes hot or cold and it's puffing blue smoke out the exhaust while the revs...
  20. Dodsy

Rear caliper seized

Anyone had this on there mk2? I've done a search but nothing so I'm guessing it's not common although a friend of mine just has to put 2 rear calipers on his golf mk5 so I'm worrying mine have seized. Tried doing the rear discs and pads today but the piston wouldn't wind back in, I was turning...