Search results

1. Rickycupra

265 rear valance and exhaust

Hi guys not been here for a while since i swapped over to a vxr. In the near future i will be looking at most likely makeing the swap back. So my question is if i buy a mk2 facelift cupra is it a straight swap to add the 265 twin centre exit? Thanks Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. Rickycupra

Cupra R exhaust systems

I am thinking the same as I had a 53 amk which was the same as the bam system. Trying to find out if the early 2002 was different or run a single cat rather than a twin cat.
  3. Rickycupra

Cupra R exhaust systems

Hi guys do you know if the early cupra R system is different to the later ones or are they all the same?
  4. Rickycupra

Main beam,wipers,indicators,heaters stopped working!!

After some further research, I found it could be a relay under the steering wheel trim, crazy place! Or the ignition switch. Will try these tomorrow. I thought fuses first but none problems share the same fuse.
  5. Rickycupra

Main beam,wipers,indicators,heaters stopped working!!

Hi all, i have a 53 LCR and this morning i started the car all as normal and noticed when i turned the lights on on the sidelights were working. Into a little more investigation i realised that the wipers, indicators and heater blowers also were not working. Any ideas?? Don't really wan't to...
  6. Rickycupra

New Cupra

Seems like a god insurance plan that really. All I would do. Is just drive like I miss Daisy for those first three months and your in the clear. Whilst the box is there i just wouldn't take any chances. Enjoy fella.
  7. Rickycupra

cupra r 225 traction

Decent Tyres and it will be vastly improved. I can out handle most work commuters in the wet with out pushing it on some twistie A roads
  8. Rickycupra

New Cupra

Insurance is surely in the 5k region.
  9. Rickycupra

Boost leak? Strange noise...

Possibly a splitting hose a loose one could be the culprit. Like you said playing around could have sorted it. Time will tell.
  10. Rickycupra

is it bad news for diesel cars?

Yep heard the same. Was told a minimum of 40 quid will be added to the tax and I don't think all petrol cars will be getting away with it either.
  11. Rickycupra

Boost leak? Strange noise...

I get a similar sound with the same filter. Found they tend to be quite restrictive compared to say a jetex open cone. Forge dv may need a service, also found out these do leak.
  12. Rickycupra

Lamda spacer

Nice one cheers fella, think my cat is shot so replacing with the scorpion decat for a while but I hate warning lights.
  13. Rickycupra

interor light not working any ideas anyone??

Its the microswitch, I changed mine and all well.
  14. Rickycupra

creeking noise

Wishbone bushes most likely perished mate, change them along with track rod end and that will tighten the steering up nice.
  15. Rickycupra

Difference between cupra r & t?

Haha confused the crap out of me till I noticed the dates. Cupracaz, post in the cars for sale section, you will get a lot more help there.
  16. Rickycupra

Car eats tyres

Is the car on standard springs etc? You drive a lot of stop start journeys? Im getting 11k ish and with the amount of rain were getting I wouldnt be recommending cheap Tyres.
  17. Rickycupra

Lamda spacer

Just a quick one guys, i will be picking up a scorpion de-cat next week, just wondered if the following spacer will be good to stop the eml light...
  18. Rickycupra

Sounds like a Supercharger :-(

No need to do that fella, every one flips the lid now and again when things go wrong. Just follow the sound advice from this thread and keep things updated as there isn't a seat owner out there that likes to see another one bite the dust.
  19. Rickycupra

Sounds like a Supercharger :-(

New turbos or reconned ain't as expensive as your thinking mate. It may not even be that yet, its hard to diagnose from that clip, its just an educated guess. I would do as stated before, go back to standard air box and see if you have the same sound. Personally I don't think its the bearing...
  20. Rickycupra

Map??

After a lot of research I opted for badger 5, getting mapped tomorrow. I'm fairly close too so was an easy decision for me. Not sure about AMD but a few guys here use there maps. You have mods in place or after a stage 1?