Search results

1. DSG problems

I looked at buying one of these with a similar fault a while back. Spoke to a vw mechanic who said the mechatronic unit is common fault with these. I think the initial advice is to change the fluid first and see if that solves it. I think somewhere like bba reman may be able to repair them...
  2. Pd injector setup

Hello I am having cold start and smoke issues when the car is stood overnight with my alter fr tdi. Have tried all the fuel system things and keep returning to it being the mechanical injector set up of the rockers. I have found lots of people who have had this issue with Octavia vrs etc on...
  3. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Not for tea for altea, damn autocorrect!!!
  4. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

I have bought some stuff recently from tps for my tea without problems and I am not a trade customer. Not sure if tps have changed their sales policy!! Tom
  5. switched live

That one worked for my toledo parrot kit!! Tom
  6. Stereo help

Should be it, if you look for a thread by stevebuzz he has done the same thing recently. He even lists the parts he bought!! Tom
  7. Stereo help

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282389&highlight=Altea+parrot this link shows the correct placing for the power lead, I just had to cut the centre out of a spade connector to make it pronged. Hope this helps Tom
  8. Stereo help

The sot 976 lead converts it to iso for the new radio, they are £7.96 on eBay frm liquid ice. You need to connect the red wire to a switched live on the fuse box under the steering wheel. This sounds daunting but it is just a case of plugging a small spade connector in, you have to do this as...
  9. PD170 - Oil Pump issues??

I believe it is only the engines mounted longitudinally, the altea is mounted transversely. I'm no mechanic mind and open to correction but did quite a bit of looking around when I had a skoda superb with the bss engine. It is to do with a notched round socket wearing and the shaft stops...
  10. Stereo help

You will defo need a fascia adaptor, they are on eBay for around £15. The quadlock adaptor is ten pounds off eBay, you will need to put the red wire to a switched live, search the site for parrot install and there is a picture of the socket in the fuse box under the wheel. It sounds a lot but...
  11. Top engine cover for Toledo

My 06 tdi has one! If its a big problem I would be quite happy to swap mine for the special edition without the engine cover :) Tom
  12. led side light bulbs

I think you will need the ones with the relay, the can bus type they are described as. I had some non canbus blue ones in my garage and tried them in the toledo, they just shut off after 5 seconds and put the bulb fault light on. If anyone can help with the number plate light sizes I wouldn't...
  13. removing A pillar trim with air bag

When I took mine off there was no airbag in there, I could see the bottom of it at the roof so it must be in the roof lining. I literally took out the torx screw and popped it off, it just interlocks with the dash at the bottom so slides forward to come off. Didn't take a picture otherwise I...
  14. removing A pillar trim with air bag

The air bag isn't under the a pillar, it's just the end of it, the airbag label pops out and there is one torx screw holding it, the rest is just pop on clips.
  15. fitting stereo - no power!!!!!

Have a look at the picture on the link above, it shows exactly which socket to use, i just had to cut the centre out a spade connector to make it pronged. I was a bit dubious about touching the fuse box but worked ok!!
  16. Aux in options

I fitted a parrot mki9100 to get round this. It has leads for USB stick, aux in and iPhone. It does Bluetooth streaming and phone functions. Cost me £85 all in buying the kit off eBay new and a sot lead. The only downside is you control the music direct from the parrot but the Sound is...
  17. fitting stereo - no power!!!!!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282389&highlight=Altea+parrot
  18. fitting stereo - no power!!!!!

Does it not need a switched live the same as my parrot kit? Just fitted a wire from my sot lead in with a spade connector to the fuse box under the wheel. There is a thread on here which even shows the position in a picture. Just search altea parrot kit. Hope this helps Tom
  19. Space saver wheel

Viking sorted me out with a full size alloy so I have just put this in! Over the moon to have a proper spare! Tom
  20. Space saver wheel

They're the right wheels, thanks for the size! Have tried to get one today but no joy yet!! Tom