Search results

1. Brummy

Mk4 with pop out rear windows

Saw one today.. first time ive even seen this, didnt even know they were available :shrug:
  2. Brummy

Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

As some of you may know if you follow my Ibiza *Readers Ride * thread , Ive aqquired a new project, a 91 spec, Mk2 Golf Driver in pasadena blue. Collected it on monday night after a drive up towards North Wales, and really enjoyed the drive home! As im used to the 2 litre 8v, this pulled...
  3. Brummy

Happy Birthday

m0rk ! :p
  4. Brummy

Vinylling guide..

Just a quick/rough guide for anyone thinking of giving it a go.. had a Bare metal Mk2 Ibiza bonnet so decided to cover it in the same vinyl thats on my roof.. Best tips i can give... PATIENCE and LOTS of SOAPY WATER. Tools used, scissors knife silicon blade, old...
  5. Brummy

Lets talk Torques..

we all know the 16V's are supposedly more powerful than the 8's out of the box, but lets see if we can do some real world comparisons.. the 8's are generally more torquey through the (lower) ranges and the 16s you have to get them screaming like a banshee to get the best out of them...
  6. Brummy

Mk2 Brothers and sisters, its time..

.....to say the yearly prayer for the green beastie tomorrow. :headhurt: Please , spare a thought for it ...
  7. Brummy

Gearbox oil.

8V (AGG) engine. how much oil in the box? (i know you fill up to over flow then put the nut/plug back, but dont want to but either too little or way too much) Job i need to get done at ome point, may as well at least get the stuff in ready and pick the first day i can spare the time and when...
  8. Brummy

Front wing replacement

how difficult (Im assuming not overly as its a bolt on / off job) how long? and what exactly needs removing to allow proper access? Im taking it as a given bumper off , grill off, rivet on front cap of skirt off/ skirt at least pulled back a tad out of the way?? does the bonnet need off? or...
  9. Brummy

*Gathering of the Mk2's *

right.. names time.. who would be up for getting down to GTI Inters on the SUNDAY (doesnt matter if you want to be there all weekend, its up to you, but save issues if we can get as many Mk2 Ibizas there on the sunday it would be cracking). Link to GTI Inters...
  10. Brummy

rear light cluster

Ive given up trying to remove it before I slice my hand off. got the two screws no bother, can wiggle the cluster about, but can I shift if off the two inner clips? can I buggery!! looks like Ive been self-harming, as Ive several red weals across my wrist and a few small cuts.. Im calling it a...
  11. Brummy

Following on from ...

...this thread..http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2778965#post2778965 , My Borbets have now been stripped of rubber and sent to be sand-blasted, and powder coated Should get them back in a couple of days or so, so will give you a heads up on what the quality of the workmanship is...
  12. Brummy

8V engine bays..

anyone really tidied theirs up? any pics of really clean bays? any nice touches/easy mods that can be done? I know the 16V's can have bits polished etc, but apart from painting up the Rocker cover , and going to town with elbow grease, is there much that can be done in an 8V bay?
  13. Brummy

Condensation in car..

..got to the point where its just becomimg stupid now, so this afters , Ive been out to investigate .. well, considering my car is/was a Cat 'C' at one point (for those that dont know, follow the link under my siggy ;) ) the most obvious place to aim for when looking for water/moisture ingress...
  14. Brummy

first rub-down

On one of my Borbets (they need a bloody good refurb before going on the car, and the rubber is 50 profile, I usually run 45's) did a quick once over with the B&D Mouse just to take some of the crud off... looks like they should come up pretty well as I only spent about 10 mins...
  15. Brummy

Mk2 Exhaust issues

Anyone ever come up with a permanant fix for this stupid idea of no support on the exhaust system where the catback/centre box join is? Im so fed up of the bloody thing working loose and dropping slightly and ending up blowing that ive come up with the idea of cutting an old section of exhaust...
  16. Brummy

How Low...

Following on from the Mk3 Ibiza's thread, how low are the mk2 boys sitting and on what rimmage size, coilover or spring set ups? *measure from floor to wheelarch through the middle of your centre cap* mine ... sat at the moment at 560mm front 590mm rear on a Gmax Spring/shock setup ...
  17. Brummy

Aaarrrgghhh!! Damned bloody car!..... Sorted :D

my remote central locking has been a tad hit and miss for a whiel, so earlier, I decided to do the old restet trick (discussed on here often) ..did it all , all seemed to go well even being able to open/lock the car from my living room (about 30 yds from car).. went to pop out in it about 1/2...
  18. Brummy

Ron Dennis Quits.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jsfzJXkOC_foeeLKdYrKzPcwDPPAD97JHJ5O0
  19. Brummy

Wider Rim on Mk2

as title really.. whats the widest you can go say in a 16, ET pretty much standard 38 ish without having to mess with arches etc? what are most running? :shrug: Discuss (please)
  20. Brummy

Wish me luck (well the green beast )

Its in tomorrow.. not due until 28th , but if i leave it till then, its gonna be too late for Pod :(. so... who fancies a stab as to what/prices to get it sorted? its bound to fall over on something but just for a giggle, i thought i would give you all a chance to have a guess at how much...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members