Search results

1. Battery Question

great stuff guys - thanks for all your help.
  2. Battery Question

cheers. do you know if losing the stereo code is still an issue these days if i fit it myself?
  3. Battery Question

thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated. i'm guessing it must have been a co-incidence but i hope now that there's not an issue with the alternator. although a previous post mentioned that their dealer was offering a fixed price of £99 for a new battery, mine quoted £190.17. ouch.
  4. Battery Question

Hi, A couple of weeks ago i took my diesel exeo to the dealers for a free annual service as they'd cocked up the last one. Ever since then the car has started sluggishly which has now resulted in a flat battery and the car failing to start. Up until now the car has started 100% first time...
  5. Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

thanks for the confirmation - much appreciated.
  6. Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

hi there, from memory, the light is more like this but i guess we're both speaking about the same light: thanks for the info regarding calling seat - very useful. cheers!
  7. Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

Thanks guys - I'm unsure whether the fix has actually been done - I got the letter but ignored it due to my concerns. Can someone else please confirm that the yellow exhaust warning light stays on until the engine is started? Thanks again.
  8. Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

howdy, hope you can help me with a couple of issues that may be related to the fix: is the fix mandatory or should i be asked whether i wish this to be carried out if my car is in for a service? does the exhaust emission control system light (yellow light on the dash) usually stay on when the...
  9. Advice Required

sorry, didn't get email notifications for some reason. yes, £800 is eye watering. much more than I was wanting to spend. I checked the price with another dealer and it turns out that they'd quoted me the wrong price and they should have advised me to get the water pump done. they admitted this...
  10. Advice Required

thanks for that. if i'm honest, i would have expected the water pump to have been replaced for £800. i'll check with them tomorrow. thanks again.
  11. Advice Required

the guy who attended has said that he can issue a report if SEAT don't fix the issue. does anyone know if the water pump should be replaced at the same time as the timing belt?
  12. Advice Required

i would hope so. of course getting the dealer to admit to the fault might be easier said than done.
  13. Advice Required

hi there, can anyone give me advice on the following: i've just got my car back from the dealers after a service and timing belt replacement which cost an eye-watering £800. does anyone know if the water pump is supposed to have been changed at the same time? i can't see the water pump...
  14. Locking Wheel Nut

phew. cheers for confirming that - much appreciated.
  15. Locking Wheel Nut

howdy, can someone confirm whether the locking wheel nut for the exeo is the one that's stored in the plastic box along with the wheel wrench or does it come in a box on its own? i seem to remember having a small plastic box with the nut but can't remember if that was for the exeo or my...
  16. Honeycomb Grille

i don't suppose anyone is selling their old non-honeycomb grille?
  17. 5 Digit postcode upgrade

i'd be very interested in 7 digits too.
  18. SD Cards? - New owner

just a thought - as far as i'm aware, the maximum size of compatible sd card is 32GB. i think the unit only takes SDHC cards which have a maximum capacity of 32GB.
  19. parking sensor issue

unfortunately and not unexpectedly, my sensor wouldn't go wrong when i dropped it off for them to have a look. i'm sure i won't have to wait too long for it to rain again - just have to hope that the dealer is open when it happens. sigh.
  20. parking sensor issue

mine is booked in later this week but i'm also dreading the fact that they won't be able to reproduce it and fob me off. i'll pray for heavy rain on the day i think ...