Search results

1. MikeyTomo

Illegal Modifications - What is the Law?

I really do hope that is the case :/
  2. MikeyTomo

Thanks for your advice, do you think they'll be able to give me some sort of written document to show in the event of being pulled again?
  3. MikeyTomo

Guess it's just luck of the draw to who you get :/ worried about this exhaust and the fine now but don't really have the time to go around getting a new one.
  4. MikeyTomo

But then his argument was they can still be sold, but only put on cars that are for off road use only.
  5. MikeyTomo

It passed the emissions test on Friday and I don't believe they do a decibel test on an MOT. He just said it needs a silencer up front and one at the back, if either of these are missing (which in my case just the rear) the car is illegal.
  6. MikeyTomo

I was driving through the city centre at around 1am, no faster than 5mph due to the amount of people that were around town and I was pulled over by the traffic police. He basically slated my car and due to me not reading up on any laws (bit stupid I know) I did not have a leg to stand on...
  7. MikeyTomo

Seat Leon 1M 1.4S - One of the lesser powered Leon's on here

Thank you very much! They were already painted when I got the car but I'm planning on doing them again soon as they're tatty now. They are held on by double sided tape I believe with a few little holes for a guide for little pegs. They can be done on the car whilst masking everything off but if...
  8. MikeyTomo

How much do people reckon this car could be worth? I'm unsure where to start as I'm thinking of selling soon. It's a 1.4 S with induction kit, service 2 weeks ago, will have full years MOT and 6 months tax. Only bad point is its done 138,000 miles.
  9. MikeyTomo

Quick Poll on RS6 Alloy Colour

How much do people reckon this car could be worth? I'm unsure where to start as I'm thinking of selling soon. It's a 1.4 S with induction kit, service 2 weeks ago, will have full years MOT and 6 months tax. Only bad point is its done 138,000 miles.
  10. MikeyTomo

Quick Poll on RS6 Alloy Colour

Thank you's very much! Been told Komet graphite DB748 it's a Mercedes Champagne colour if I remember correctly.
  11. MikeyTomo

Seat Leon 1.4 S (My First Car)

Here's the pictures you asked for and explaining where I was when I took the picture for reference. Taken from front passenger seat and that's the bottom of the seat belt where the wires are Taken from outside the car under the passenger side rear seat. Bottom of the seat is pulled...
  12. MikeyTomo

Yeah it's pretty similar. Like the black alloys with the bump strips! Just a quick update, bought 1.5m of carbon wrap for £4.50 off Amazon to tidy up my tatty door pillars, here's the result: One with the flash to see the pattern better
  13. MikeyTomo

Seat Leon 1.4 S (My First Car)

Looking good mate! I've got a 1.4 myself. However, there's one little thing I'm a bit unsure of, the wiring going to the sub. I've got the same sub as you and in the same place. Best way to wire it is out the back of the stereo, behind the glovebox and along under the plastic kick plates on the...
  14. MikeyTomo

Sorry I haven't been back sooner but I've had a lot of work my way. Got the picture you asked for buddy. Makes a hell of a sucking noise on slamming the accelerator down and at around 5000rpm the engine note changes dramatically and sounds like a VTEC haha. Also does anyone have any tips on...
  15. MikeyTomo

Yeah it was the one with the black roof I seen, not my cuppa tea as they say. Just looked at your other posts and seen your Leon, I must say you've got yourself something special! I was at a meet on Sunday in Peterlee that had a fair few Leon's, don't know if yours was there? Looks so clean and...
  16. MikeyTomo

Didn't even know there was another Leon in Thornaby haha. Is yours the pre-facelift I have seen around? Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :D Oh and do you ever go down to the Teesside Park Wednesday meet?
  17. MikeyTomo

That reminds me I still need to fit a fabia wiper! Yeah not a problem, I'll get one up tomorrow. It basically comes up off the throttle body and sits behind the battery with a cold air feed.
  18. MikeyTomo

Update: Car now has a nice set of tailored mats. Also managed to pick up some RS6 alloys and coilovers with six tyres for £200! Got them sprayed up a graphite grey colour and put them on. As you can see it looked like it was on stilts with these wheels on but it was late and way too...
  19. MikeyTomo

2013 insurance prices on Cupra

I got curious to see what insurance price would be for me next year (increased age to 18 and added a driving year) and for a Boc it was £980. That's without any NCD, bit weird considering my 1.4 Leon 1M came up as £1,580. Surely they pick the numbers out of a hat.