Search results

1. Drivers side headlight higher than passenger side

They couldn't even do a normal service correctly.. I wouldn't even trust them to find a fault to be honest. But yeah i'll probably try and get some sample photos and examples, good shout.
  2. Drivers side headlight higher than passenger side

Hi, Have a 2014 Cupra with the LED headlights. I've noticed when I pull up behind cars in traffic that I can see a bright bulb reflection for the drivers side headlights, and a much dimmer reflection for the passengers side. If I get out the car and look myself, both sides do work. If I crouch...
  3. Easiest way to see if a full service has been done ?

Yeah the price is fine, the problem is all they've put in the log book is a tick next to Oil swap, rather than fixed mileage full service.
  4. Easiest way to see if a full service has been done ?

Hi, What's the easiest way to check if a full first service has been done ? My Cupra flagged up that it only required an oil service, but as I drive it hard I asked for a full service anyway - wasn't comfortable waiting 18K miles. Well they have serviced it and charged me the full service...
  5. Oil Change / Inspection service help ?>

Hi guys, My 64 plate cupra is just under a year old. I had a message on my dash flash up saying oil change service in 29 days, which is fine. It's 11 months old and done about 7500 miles. I contacted my SEAT dealer and they said this means my car is set to a 12 month / 10,000 mile service plan...
  6. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Honestly, I can't come up with anything that the potenzas are even nearly as good at. I've not checked fuel economy really, but other than that, they are better all round. They even seem quieter on the road. The Potenzas are okay in the dry and bad in the wet. You really will find the PSS a...
  7. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

I know several people have done the fronts only, but they advise against it from a safety point of view for the reason you specified. Also, if you are driving fast down a wet road and your rear tyres have less grip (which they would), the rear will be the first to lose grip and hydroplane. Which...
  8. New Cupra 280 owener!

The car before my Cupra 280 was a 1.6TDI 105hp Ibiza. When I first put my foot down in the Cupra, I panicked and then laughed histerically at how awesome it was. Now when I put my foot down I just keep saying "Well i'm gaining speed, and pretty quickly at that, but I swear it used to be...
  9. Cupra 280 REAL Mpg?

I'm averaging about 26mpg in my car overall. It can vary from 20mpg to 30mpg depending on the traffic, though. My daily commute is pretty rough in regards to fuel economy. It's 11 miles heading from south Leicester to north Leicester. So basically, lots of traffic all the way. Lots of traffic...
  10. New Cupra 280 owener!

Congrats, it's a great car. As for the 'savage' part. Well sure, for the first few months. I've had mine 7 months now and while I still know it's quick, I am totally used to it and I could swear blind it's lost 100hp, but I know it hasn't because i've checked the figures (40 to 70mph etc) :p It...
  11. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Just took them out a few more times after rush hour to get a better idea. I'm blown away by how good they are. They seem to be markedly better than my old Potenzas in every aspect. Straight line grip is much better, cornering grip is better, braking is better, stability is better. I can't wait...
  12. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Just drove home from work after getting my Michelin PSS fitted. So, it's about the worst weather you can get for the peak of summer. 12.5c on the in car temp gauge, bucketting it down with rain like it has all day. Everything is absolutely soaked, and it's cold for a summer tyre. With that in...
  13. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Wheel hop sure is violent. I thought my car was being attacked with a sledghammer from underneath when it first happened. Really shocked me. It just sounds to damaging, even though it's apparently not.
  14. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Sounds good, mine are going to be fitted on Friday now so can't wait to test them. I floored it from 2nd at 30mph today on a dry road, sure enough the revs climbed and then at about 4k rpm the TC light started flashing at me as they started to spin. Sounds like the PSS should be a decent...
  15. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Certainly cheaper to just replace the fronts yeah. Though it's highly advised you don't have rear tyres with less grip than the front, as it can cause you to spin out if the rear wheels lose grip before the front.
  16. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Sure, perfectly valid point. I'd never expect zero wheelspin though. I mean I could get my old 105hp 1.6TDI Ibiza to spin the tyres in certain conditions :p. But the current level of grip just seems really low, to the point it is seriously hampering how much I enjoy the car. Hate the fact i'm...
  17. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

Thanks for feedback, great to hear. What experience did you have with the Potenzas personally ? how much have PSS reduced straight line traction issues ?
  18. Leaon Cupra ST / Bridgestone Potenza RA050A with rain

I have the potenzas on my Cupra 280 and frankly I am struggling to enjoy the car with them on. They only have about 5000 miles on them, but I am seriously considering swapping to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. With the Potenzas I really have to try hard to not get the traction control light to...
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I wouldn't worry about that too much. I was originally told 15th Jan, then it was pushed back to the 30th Jan. Next thing I know I get a call around 20th Dec to say they've had the car in the showroom for a week and want to know if they can deliver it asap ! :headhurt:
  20. Was thinking Mk2 Supercopa but ......

Got my first auto a few weeks ago. Love it ! so easy when driving normally, and yet pretty much just as much control in manual paddle mode when you want it (which to be honest is fairly rare, the DSG box always seems to do what I want and expect).
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.