Search results

1. Ron Burgandy

1.8 20v 180 + KO4 turbo + remap = 270+bhp?

This guys saying 269 from a stock K03S? I know Beach Buggy turbos do a K280 hybrid (K04 internals in a KO3 housing) which is good for 280bhp hence the K280 name.
  2. Ron Burgandy

possible daft question

Not sure if the rears will fit, different set up being a Quattro. Could be wrong tho but I know the coil over kits are different.
  3. Ron Burgandy

Well I'm stage 2 on stock K03S (237bhp) and been told to go no further unless I hybrid it.
  4. Ron Burgandy

269bhp from a stock K03S? Thought 240bhp was about the limit on a K03S.
  5. Ron Burgandy

what have you done to your car today ?

New centre caps on And gave it a proper good clean
  6. Ron Burgandy

Matts 52' Magic Black LC stage 2 237bhp NEW UPDATE

Custom centre caps arrived on Friday And in the car.... Fitting some decent sounds in the car in the next few days, more pics to follow.
  7. Ron Burgandy

Gave the Leon a good detailing over the weekend using Poorboys stuff, Blackhole Glaze and Natty's Paste. First time I've tried the glaze and I'm quite impressed by it, it gave a wetlook gloss to paintwork. Used the Spin Doctor polisher to apply the glaze then hand buffed it off then applied and...
  8. Ron Burgandy

Boost gauge fitted now Forgot to take a picture after I finished so this is one after dark
  9. Ron Burgandy

Tinted the head lights with a light smoke vinyl film
  10. Ron Burgandy

Been refurbing a set of Ronal TT's I had lying around as I'm not that keen on the Cupra wheels. Wasn't sure what colour to do them but in the end went for a Bronze metallic. And here they are on the car (coilovers now fitted too) went for 205/40/17's for just a bit of stretch.
  11. Ron Burgandy

I did it after reading about on here, it's supposed to help stop the ECU dumping boost at low RPM's and stay on boost a bit longer, to be honest didn't notice any difference but I did it pretty much as soon as I got the car so wasn't to familiar with it anyway. cheap mod tho, a metre of vac pipe...
  12. Ron Burgandy

Just feels a bit more urgent and responsive on boost ;)
  13. Ron Burgandy

Quick update, finally got my forge pipes on now. Noticed a big difference between the forge TIP and creation one. Performance is improved noticeably with the forge one. Went back on the rollers for a bit of tweaking of the map and now running 237 bhp and 323 NM torque, very happy with how it...
  14. Ron Burgandy

Signs of coil pack going ?

Yeah they are good quality ones, don't scrimp on coil packs as you'll be replacing them again sooner rather than later, they had some for £17 each but they are pants!
  15. Ron Burgandy

02 lc sounds like hair dryer

^ good excuse for a decat ;)
  16. Ron Burgandy

Is this normal?!?!

Might be worth checking the N75 valve as well.
  17. Ron Burgandy

Signs of coil pack going ?

I've just had this. I replaced plugs and coil packs now runs sweet as nut. Decent discounts at Euro car parts this weekend as well, I got 4 BERU coil packs for £100 should be £35 each so bows a good time to do it!
  18. Ron Burgandy

Smoked Rear Lights ?

Indicators still flash orange, reverse light has a pink tint to it but not to much.
  19. Ron Burgandy

Smoked Rear Lights ?

I'd go with the lamin x over the spray stuff. I did mine with it but I went the other way and did all red
  20. Ron Burgandy

Uprated SMIC

Cheers for the reply pal, confirmed what I thought really. Just seemed like an easier option than a FMIC. Oh well best get saving!