Search results

1. CARL BRIGHTON

wheres the port?

Where is the obd2 port on mk3 ibiza's? Cant find it anywhere??
  2. CARL BRIGHTON

overheating...a bit long...sorry

fuses are ok, theres also a buzzing from the front ( is it the secondary electric water pump?)
  3. CARL BRIGHTON

no, sits at 90 on a run
  4. CARL BRIGHTON

right then, the garage has just rubg me back, he was very apologetic and said to take it back. Will i be ok driving it back (around 60 miles)
  5. CARL BRIGHTON

Thanks guys, ive left the garage a voicemail telling him the issue, it wasnt a Seat dealer, it was an independant.... Trouble is, its on Nottingham, im near Lincoln.... Ill wait to see what he says....
  6. CARL BRIGHTON

Righto... I have looked via the search, but i guess im after some reasurrance... I picked a 2001 20vt up from a garage today, All was fine until i got it home and left the engine running, after driving about 1 street length the temp went up to 120 accompanied with a beeping and flashing...
  7. CARL BRIGHTON

Haynes Manual?

haha cheers z Just bought meself one at last.... dunno what to do with the mk2 gti now....
  8. CARL BRIGHTON

Haynes Manual?

Haynes? Is there a Haynes for the 20vt?:shrug:
  9. CARL BRIGHTON

wow how cheap are MK3 Cupras now!

i bought one today for £3,295 Took the plunge after 8 (ish) years of driving a 8v gti mk2
  10. CARL BRIGHTON

Fault Codes - Search this thread 1st

hello, anyone help with these? VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Chassis Type: 6K - Seat Ibiza Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,25,35,56 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 01: Engine Controller: 037 906 024 AP Component: DIGIFANT 1.7...
  11. CARL BRIGHTON

2ltr 8v (2E) mk2 Gti won't turn over or start.

righty ho.. git the new starter and bits on...vag com says: VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Chassis Type: 6K - Seat Ibiza Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,25,35,56 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 01: Engine Controller: 037 906...
  12. CARL BRIGHTON

right, i think ive isolated at least one problem to the starter as theres a strong smell of burning electrics coming form it after turning the key a few times.... only one problem....one of the nuts is rounded and looks like its welded itself to the stud sorry...bad camera phone pic but...
  13. CARL BRIGHTON

cant be the immobiliser as the power totally cuts out when i turn the key
  14. CARL BRIGHTON

dude, im lucky theres a seat garage around here! Did a 70 odd mile round trip today,
  15. CARL BRIGHTON

rubbish! Dealers not got one in, gotta wait til thursday.. Anyone got any other things to look at while i wait?
  16. CARL BRIGHTON

right then....off to seat i go....
  17. CARL BRIGHTON

righto...how to i test it?
  18. CARL BRIGHTON

Alright Andy! good to hear from ya! Wurs the ecu relay? :shrug:
  19. CARL BRIGHTON

Forgot to say id tried another battery earlier (for some reason had a spare)
  20. CARL BRIGHTON

right... so the coils out then... cant see any cuts or burns on the main cable / loom... Ive just had a voltmeter on the starter while the missus turned the key, its 12 (ish) volts before and 5 ish when the keys turned... Haynes says... Turn the lights on and if they stay bright...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise