Search results

1. main dealers or independant for mot/servicing

One minor point in favour of dealer servicing is that you get a year's free UK and European roadside assistance thrown in (they say it's worth £245!). Obviously, if you already have roadside assistance by paying for it direct or get it "free" with a bank account, this is of no benefit...
  2. SEAT UK axes Leon X-Perience - just 16 sold last year

Were you one of them? Report here.
  3. Leon is What Car Used Car of the Year 2018

Don't know if this will affect prices but What Car have chosen the Leon as their Used Car of the Year for 2018
  4. Clarkson likes a SEAT! (the Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive)

Usually Jeremy Clarkson hates SEATs but in a review in The Sunday Times last weekend he gave the Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive four stars (out of five). In particular, he liked the seats and the noise it makes - but he hated its looks!
  5. Waze on Android Auto

Waze with Android Auto support is now out of beta. But the first time I used it, when I deviated from the planned route, it took a long time to recalculate the route and stopped giving verbal instructions. So, back to Google Maps. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon, but there are reports of...
  6. Sat Nav Leon Mk3 2016 - Speed cameras and Maximum Speed

If you are happy to run a smartphone at the same time as your built-in satnav, TomTom have a free Android app that warns of speed cameras and shows the current speed limit as well your own speed. (I'm not sure if there an IoS version.) Like all such apps it is not 100% reliable, but the...
  7. What to do with Leon FR?

Sorry, my mistake - it is a 150. I'd rather not give my reg number but I'm pretty sure that it is the same car - first registered May '16, has reversing camera and rear parking sensors, but none at the front, and Seat Sound (which I'm a bit disappointed with in terms of the bass sound). And...
  8. What to do with Leon FR?

Hi D3RV15H Sorry to hear about your problems which are of particular interest to me because I think I might have ended up with your former car (was it a white 140 DSG FR with a spoiler?), so I have the same dealer. So far, I haven't had any problems with them, but I am due for my first service...
  9. Face Lift Leon Review

There's also a review on AutoExpress
  10. 2017 Leon!!!

Although the official SEAT announcements don't seem to mention it, some of the online reports say that there will be an optional "virtual cockpit" display similar to that available on recent Audis. But this report suggests that it will only be available when Skoda launches its own version in...
  11. Wanted - Mk3 leon Cupra St dog guard

You could take a punt on this one from Aldi for £19.99 delivered. They were also on sale in-store earlier this month so you might still find some in your local Aldi.
  12. Seat Marketing Programme

If you do a Google search for SEAT loyalty bonus, you will find ads from at least two dealers who are offering the £500 bonus (which was £1,000 before the end of June). So it appears to be a national offer although it doesn't seem to mentioned on the SEAT Web site and it is not clear whether...
  13. End of 0% PCP on Leons

This makes you eligible for a £500 "loyalty discount" – if you are buying through Drive the Deal (and maybe other brokers). This discount doesn't seem to be widely advertised (I can't see any mention of it on the Seat web site). It was £1,000 before the end of June.
  14. New functions for SEAT app

Autocar has reported that SEAT has developed new functions for its smartphone app – including a car park locator! - but it doesn't say when the enhanced app will be available, or whether the new functions will work with existing Leons.
  15. New 'free' colour for SC?

Has anyone taken delivery of a Leon in the new Mediterranean Blue colour yet? If so, could we see some pics please? SEAT are using the new blue in their newspaper/magazine ads, but it looks different from the blue shown in the online configurator. Also it would be interesting to see how it...
  16. Incorrect CO2 figure?

The brochure currently on the SEAT UK Web site shows 110g/km for all manual versions of the 1.4 EcoTSi (5DR, SC and ST). For the DSG versions, the emissions go down to 109g/km for the 5DR and SC versions, but up to 111g/km for the ST model. Go figure.
  17. New 'free' colour for SC?

SEAT's German Web site is showing Mediterranean Blue as the free colour for the 5-door, SC, ST and X-perience models. You can get an idea of what it looks like from the configurator on the German site - it appears to be similar to the Apollo Blue (except, obviously, not metallic)...
  18. New 'free' colour for SC?

I've just noticed that Drive The Deal is currently showing Mediterranean Blue as the "free" colour for the Leon SC, with the Emocion Red costing £250. This may be a mistake because the SEAT UK Web site is still showing the red as being the free colour. In fact, the SEAT site doesn't show...
  19. DSG Paddle Shift

I don't think that the 1.2 DSG does get the paddles, but this is reflected in the DSG upgrade price of £1,250, which is £100 less than for the bigger-engined models that do get the paddles.
  20. Buying a new Leon SC FR - best price?

They do offer the petrol SCs - at the bottom of the dropdown list. Based on your configuration, it looks like they would charge £18,865 - before the SEAT deposit contribution.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.