Search results

1. Mr Roboto

Boost leak test question

Hi Getting my car leak tested as I can hear a slight hissing noise coming from the intake manifold area. My question is what area do I get the garage to perform the test from the TIP after the MAF sensor or after the charge pipe? Plus do I need to take the oil cap off and any pipes need...
  2. Mr Roboto

HT Leads

Does the wire from the coil pack go straight to the spark plug then?
  3. Mr Roboto

HT Leads

Hi Any one know the best place to buy HT leads for MK1 LCR I take it is just unplug and replace job? Thanks in advance
  4. Mr Roboto

N249 Bypass guide LCR

Maybe but I bought the piping and connector for only £4.25 delivered off ebay. Gonna do it this weekend.
  5. Mr Roboto

N249 Bypass guide LCR

Thanks that's what I thought But when I searched other sites on this by pass mod most people lefted it open which would surely cause engine problems as it would be like having a air leak?
  6. Mr Roboto

N249 Bypass guide LCR

How come you dont block off the old vaccuum hole on the N249 wont crap get inside?
  7. Mr Roboto

idle control valve

I've changed Coil packs Spark plugs Cleaned/re-aligned throttle body MAF sensor MAP sensor Intake manifold sensor service DV Engine leak smoke test Both O2 sesnsors Coolant temp sensor Was just looking online to see if the N75 or N249 can cause rough idle/hesitation?
  8. Mr Roboto

idle control valve

I changed so many things I am running out of ideas. Thanks for letting me know.
  9. Mr Roboto

idle control valve

Can any one tell or show me where the idle control valve is on the LCR MK1? Also can it be serviced/cleaned? Thanks
  10. Mr Roboto

Erractic idle?

I got funny idle too mate. http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349087 Gonna fit my new coolant temp sensor Fri to see if it sorts it out. worth ago as it was ssssoooooo cheap.
  11. Mr Roboto

LCR Coolant Sensor

I've google "faulty coolant temp sensor" and it lists every thing I've got wrong so fingers crossed. Still got the MAP and Intake manifold sensor some where. Both sensors were covered abit in oil so I now clean them twice a year with MAF cleaner. I got the cleaner cheap off ebay works a...
  12. Mr Roboto

LCR Coolant Sensor

Sensor arrived on Tues :) I will fit it on Friday and give the car a good old run over the weekend.
  13. Mr Roboto

LCR Coolant Sensor

Thanks mate Just ordered one surprised it was so cheap :confused: whats the black sesnor on top of my coolant bottle?
  14. Mr Roboto

LCR Coolant Sensor

Also the MOT guy had to give it some beans to pass emissions test even though I drove it for over an hour before the test. and they did the test first thing! CAT seems in great condition. JKM also checked the N75 vlave which was operating correctly. More or less running out of ideas...
  15. Mr Roboto

LCR Coolant Sensor

Hi I've had rough idle for well over a year now on my MK1 LCR it comes and goes. I have replaced the following. Coil packs Spark plugs MAF (twice) MAP Intake manifold temp/pressure sensor thing. Both lamda sensors Engine smoke test (no leaks) DV cleaned Throttle Body cleaned and...
  16. Mr Roboto

New Exhaust gone brown? Pics of cobra fitted to LC180

I clean mine when i wash the car then give it a coat of wash each time. Keeps the outside and inside of the tailpipe nice and shiney :)
  17. Mr Roboto

Possible Air Leak?

Thank you ;) Will check it out.
  18. Mr Roboto

Possible Air Leak?

Sorry mate I don't know what you mean? :confused: :D
  19. Mr Roboto

Possible Air Leak?

No I didnt Reading what some one PM me I think it is a air leak. Last mods where intake manifold taken off and polished (maybe it wasnt fitted back properly?) Forge FMIC maybe hose clip is lose or stone damage on the FMIC it's self?
  20. Mr Roboto

Possible Air Leak?

Hi Could a air leak trigger off these codes below the top one? Last thing I had done was the intake manifold taken off and polished. I am getting a engine smoke test done soon off a member off here. 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise