Search results

1. Overheating problem?

Got a 2000 1.8T alhambra that im working with. Iw had a problem in wintertime getting some heat in the cabin. The analog heat gauge had been sitting on 1/4 and it hardly got above 65c on the digital gauge. Took time early past winter and changed the thermostat since logic had it that it was the...
  2. Electrical system short, batterydrain, wont start

Hi all. Got this ongoing problem with my Seat Alhambra -00 (engine AJH). Intermittent problem. Sometimes when arriving to the destination, and standing still on idel, one can notice how something is happening somewhere. The lights (headlights, interior, dash) dims and the revs sinks as the...
  3. Secondary Air pump

Hi folks. Im woundering if the secondary air pump is considered a critical detail of some sort. Mine is starting to sound noisy (bearig noise i guess) some time when i start the car. Am going on a trip and are reluctant to deal with it now since its a bit of work removing it and (if lucky)...
  4. 280mm Radiator fan broken.

Hi all. My Radiator fan (the bigger one) has broken and im looking for a replacement. When looking on ebay a couple of replacements fans for the 7M0959455M fan pops up, but one thing is a bit confusing. On the broken one it says 200W, but on the most ones thats on ebay (and are descirbed...
  5. 1.8T engine rattle

Hi. I'm having this strange sound from the engine when driving. I'm not to home with turbos so I need some tips. The sound appears when either changing gears (when letting the gas pedal go to slip in the next gear - manual box) or when accelerating and then letting the gas go. The sound can...
  6. cruise control master unit

A Little supplementary note on the subject is that on my late MK1 Alhambra the cruise control system dosnt seem to be linked to the ECU, thus explaining why no fault code appeared and why logging in to the system wont work. Seem to be a stand alone system.
  7. Annoying rattle noise

Another update may be in order now that I have removed the left front wheel and discovered the following. It seems that the lower gaiter on the link rod has failed. My theory is that this have in turn made the ball joint to fail to the point that the stabiliser rod and link rod can move and...
  8. Annoying rattle noise

In addition the second noise can appear without turning if one drives on a bump. It seems to be connected to the suspension moments. It can sometimes also be generated if one by hand rock the car when it is standing still.
  9. Annoying rattle noise

Hi all. I'm getting this strange noises from my front left (suspension I guess). One noise is more like something is loose and rattling when I drive through bumps. The other noise is more a metal to metal grinding and this happens when I driving and turning so that left side is loaded, the...
  10. cruise control master unit

Update: Sorted. A new vacuum tube installed and all the bits and pieces returned to its place. Works just fine :)
  11. cruise control master unit

Well. It was the solder joints. At first glance it seems ok. But i found another page that details a similar unit when i goggled the part number (see link below), that detailed the problem. Armed with a magnifying glass i started checking each joint and wouldn't you know there was a lot (10+)...
  12. cruise control master unit

I havnt got a clue of it worked before or after the change to a aftermarket radio since i bought it recently.
  13. cruise control master unit

You mean inside the control module box? Well its not to many more things left to check. Cant however enter the code in vcds. I keep getting that i cant login to the controller. And i have not any G in the component field.
  14. cruise control master unit

Im stuck i guess. The Cruise should in all theory work but i dont make a beep, sound, light or anything. Tried in VCBS to activate it (Engine-login-11463-ok) but it just told me it was wrong. Anyone got any idea?
  15. cruise control master unit

Ok. Checked the wirelooms and all seems ok. A tip if one is to measure on the connector to the CCS box is to disconnect the connector and the clamp behind the radio that secures it to the frame. Then pull it out through the hole for the radio, makes it alot easier to measure.
  16. cruise control master unit

My CCS module is mounted on the right side of the center dash (driver on left side) can be accessed by removing the glovecompartment (on right side) and the trim that´s around it. Its a bit cramped but possible. My Cruise is not working. Noticed that the vacumhose had got loose from the pump and...
  17. 00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)

The slip ring is the part of the steering wheel that makes it possible to turn the wheel without ripping any cables to the horn or airbag. Its like a big bearing with diffrent conducting rings and pins that transfers the power to the steering wheel. (however i think the airbag connection...
  18. How To: Disable Airbags

Once the Airbag has been disabled via the software, can it be removed and the remaining system working as usual - and no airbag light? Or does the disabled airbag still have to be connected into the system?
  19. Reverse Lights not working

How did you check the boot wiring? (just a thought from one who also just the other day thought somthing looked ok from a first glance :) ) You should be able to measure the gearbox switch by either disconnecting the switch down in the enginebay (harder) or by measuring between fuse holder...
  20. Alhambra electrics

Haha... i suck... such a rookie misstake... cleared out the cabel so i started comparing the two sides, cabels - same resistance, fuse ok, holder nice, bulbs looks ok. So i laid the bulbholders beside one another and started checking the resistance on the pins... and there was a difference. It...