Search results

1. supa_sam

Missing gears, any clues?

Yeah I hear you, I'm Happy to give most jobs a go but I think this is too big for me. Just got to suck it up I suppose, sh** happens
  2. supa_sam

Yeah lucky In that sense I suppose. It was a choice between a bike or taking the lcr to stage 2, looks like I made the right call, I'm sure I will fix it, just a question of how much now
  3. supa_sam

Changing track rod ends

When I changed mine not long after having the car the left and right were different sizes at the inner rod, left side was standard from mk4 golf and right was lcr, ended up changing the lot inner and ends, crazy how some people will bodge things up
  4. supa_sam

Managed to find that episode and it sounds identical,, the only difference being that it didn't mention not having reverse. Makes me think that the selector has dropped off and maybe got stuck somewhere rather than dropping into the case like on WD's. I'll limp it to the local vag Indy and see...
  5. supa_sam

Evening all, So after a quick trip to the supermarket with the wife, all running fine and dandy, we get back in the car and set off home. We stopped at the first set of lights, I'm into neutral and handbrake on, lights change and I go for 1st, clutch up....nothing, try a couple more times and...
  6. supa_sam

What h7 bulbs are you running

H7 are your headlight bulbs (low beam) I believe h4 are full main beam bulbs (high beam) and I think sidelights are t5 not sure on interior though.. Definitely get h7r though
  7. supa_sam

Yes, the higher the K the more blue they become, mine are pretty pure white yes and 6000k will be a tinge blue. High beam to me would be full main beam and low beam would be dipped with sidelights. I just did low beam and got matching sidelight bulbs. Those ones in the link look ok but you...
  8. supa_sam

Can't help you there I'm afraid. I know the 6000k look good too but I chose the 5's The 6's were just a little too blue for me. I see your a local lad too, get yourself on the meets soon mate they're a great bunch of lads (and a couple of lasses)
  9. supa_sam

Got mine from fleabay, about 18 months back now, can't remember the seller but I know it wasn't hids-4-u, think they were about £35-40. Just remember sidelight bulbs too or it will look crap
  10. supa_sam

Leon Cupra R 2004

Squirt of wd-40 and the old widow maker with a thin wooden plank, should pop them in nicely
  11. supa_sam

H7r are meant for the reflector style headlamps that our mk1's are fitted with, you WILL dazzle people with standard h7 bulbs Mine are 35w 5000k, almost pure white
  12. supa_sam

Harvester Breakfast Meet 29/03

With you on that lad! Miles better, well worth the extra shrapnel. Good laugh yesterday despite the drizzle
  13. supa_sam

Harvester Breakfast Meet 29/03

In up for this, and I promise to come in a clean car this time!
  14. supa_sam

Sheffield Breakfast Meet 8th Feb

A few as promised
  15. supa_sam

Good meet today, got a few pics that I will upload later
  16. supa_sam

Nice one, will give the car some brekkie at shell too!
  17. supa_sam

Oh and put me in at j40 too!
  18. supa_sam

It's either the curse of the leaky mk1's or as Jonny says.... Long nights in quiet car parks, I'll let you decide:p
  19. supa_sam

I know it's last minute but is there room at the table for an LCR driver?
  20. supa_sam

Barnsley brekkie gathering 07/12/14

Can't make it tomorrow lads, sorry. Enjoy and have a good Christmas!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.